Question about adjustable shelving for detolf

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ENTRAILSofANGELS

Freaked Out
Reaction score
My old lady picked me up a detolf while she was on vacation in Atlanta.

I collect only HT 1/6 predators and NECA 1/4 predators and am wanting to display them together in the detolf.

Does anyone know off hand what and how many configurations of 1/6 and 1/4 space can fit by creating adjustable shelves? for example, could I fit 2 shelving sections for my 1/4 predators and still have a section to fit a couple 1/6 preds in one detolf or vice versa?

Yes you can but only with adjustment. You can have approximately 3 sections at 21 inches if I remember my calculations. That's enough for three 18 inch figures or two and another shelf with whatever you want on it.

To adjust the shelfs I found 6mm wire U bolts to be the best solution. A 2 pack will cost you around 6 - 7 bucks. They grip on real tight and actually end up better supported than the standard Detolf lips.

A socket set really helps with tightening the nuts if you have one. It's a pain in the *** otherwise and quite fiddly to get the bolts level.

Thanks for the advice. I found a 24 pack on Ebay for $6, plus $5 shipping. I plan on getting another detolf later this month, and I figure I will have to adjust every shelf in both cases.

Back