Is there a way to display collectibles and not collect dust?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

edvc520

Just a little freaky
Reaction score
Hi, I am new to this forum and the collectible scene.
Just wondering for all you experts here if there is a way to display collectibles and not collect dust?
I could only think of a solution is to seal the case or shelf with silicone glue or something? but that would make it inconvenient to take the figures out.

It is a Cross we all must bear at sometime or another + it also depends on where you might live, for myself I have a Stand Alone Air Filter it does cut down the dust but I have them all about the house and a room that you can close off to everyday household traffic helps but I still Dust but not as offen :lol:lol:lol

Welcome to the Show; Ed

close all gaps using weatherstripping you can get at Homedepot and even online for much cheaper I was told. There is a thread on it here specifically for Detolf and dust control but it applies to any displaysolution as long as there is at least a cover

For my IKEA Detolfs, I use clear heat shrink tubing. I think the size was 3/16 of an inch. I got it at Frys Electronics (Cali). I squeeze the tubing into the door gaps.

Though the gaps on the Detolf door are not equal length, I had to get bigger heat shrink tubing to squeeze into the bigger gap.

Yes, keep them in their boxes, stack them up along the wall. You'll just have to dust the top boxes and the front. ;)

Hi, I am new to this forum and the collectible scene.
Just wondering for all you experts here if there is a way to display collectibles and not collect dust?
I could only think of a solution is to seal the case or shelf with silicone glue or something? but that would make it inconvenient to take the figures out.

A duster and compressed air.

Back