Original Cast VS Re-Cast Head Sculpt

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

liuskusuma

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hi,

I don't know if this is the right place to post this.
How can we spot a Head Sculpt Re-cast (Fake??) from an Original cast? :dunno

Cheers.

Usually, the paint applications will give away if it is a re cast. The paint job may either be better or worse as it would be very hard to match the original paint. Also, This occurs most usually on internet bidding websites such as eBay, a seller could be selling many Un Painted Head Sculpts, Some times in larger quantity.

So, if it is unpainted there will be no way to tell the difference?

If the Head Sculpt originally came 'Only Painted', Then it would most probably be a re cast but if it was a custom piece which came un painted, and the re cast was casted in the same material as the original was, then I presume there is no way to tell!

If the Head Sculpt originally came 'Only Painted', Then it would most probably be a re cast but if it was a custom piece which came un painted, and the re cast was casted in the same material as the original was, then I presume there is no way to tell!

Not always true. Trevor always used a trademark grey resin so all of his original castings are a grey color. So any recasts of his items are the cheap white stuff.

Not always true. Trevor always used a trademark grey resin so all of his original castings are a grey color. So any recasts of his items are the cheap white stuff.

Q tried to replicate the grey colour Trev used and pretty much succeeded. The colour of his recasts are spot on to Trev's originals. Its the quality of the casts that are the major giveaway. Lot's of air bubbles and not as much detail.

Noticed someone selling a recast of Trevor's Dex on eBay recently, they are even using one of his pictures to sell them!

Well, some people like myself use off-white resin to cast our sculpts from our molds, that doesn't mean they are RE-cast.

The recast he sucked me into buying is the white stuff I didn't find the reins cheap it the same everyone use's. Most casters will buy off white resin or tint the brite white stuff.

The only difference was the quality of the cast's and he ****ed up my neck.

Well, some people like myself use off-white resin to cast our sculpts from our molds, that doesn't mean they are RE-cast.

I think they were just referring to the off-white resin being indicative of a recast if it is a cast of a Trevor Grove sculpt, Johnny. :duff

Alumilite casts are an off white color. Usually recasts on ebay are made using the cheap white stuff. When you have the two in hand the white feels much lighter. Not sure the make though. :dunno

$0.02

I got tricked by this babygq14 seller on eBay, now I got the re-cast of Dexter's head :gah:..o well . His new listing didn't mention Trevor's name anymore.

I got tricked by this babygq14 seller on eBay, now I got the re-cast of Dexter's head :gah:..o well . His new listing didn't mention Trevor's name anymore.

Send it back or atleast leave negative feedback. In fact I would suggest anyone who has bought a recast off "babygq" to leave him negative feedback, as he totally deserves it and has a spotless feedback record.

Back