Ben Overpriced Kenobi Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Are you ordering this piece despite of the price tag?

• Don't care about Star Wars Mythos

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

bearmodel

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hey guys!

There is no doubt that Ben Kenobi statue is a great looking piece, but I think $350 is a bit overpriced and I now don't now if I'll be ordering it.

My question is:

Are you ordering this piece despite the price tag?

the Price tag isn't overpriced LOL!! and yes i'll be ordering this maquette.

Not that I was going to order him, but the price does make me fear for the pending Fett piece...

:panic:

Statues are getting more and more expensive. There comes a time when it reaches certain point, I will order less and less. This to me is about $75-$100 too much.

Of course my first thought was no way in hell am I going to get this. But after seeing the pics now there is a 5% chance I get this.

That's my humble opinion and the opnion of many Forum Members....

Obviously, no one can tell you what the statue is worth to you.

On the flip side of that, no one can tell SSC what the statue is worth to them. If there is too much of a disparity between what the buyers think and the seller thinks, the price will drop in the aftermarket and you'll have nothing to worry about (other than waiting a few months longer). That's assuming the ES is large enough, but maybe the people who don't think it's worth $350 will get lucky and this won't have a low ES.

that's pretty muhc PF price range which just made me decide to continue to wait for the EPIII PF

My statue collecting has gone down considerably(the only statue I ordered this year was the Hulk Maquette). I won't be getting this, but from my experience, 1/5 scale statues can be pretty imposing when they come with a ton of stuff going on like this one does with the cape and armor strapped to the back. A perfect example of this is the Conan: The Prize statue. It's gigantic. Whether it's worth $350, well that's up to you to decide.

I don't collect statues, so really I don't know much about pricing and scale. I do know that 1/4 scale Premium Formats run about $350, so seeing a smaller scale statue with no mixed media at the same price point doesn't quite set with me.

Having said that, this is still a great looking piece and if the production version ends up looking as nice as the proto images, I will try to sock away some money for it.

Will waiting for the price from the EU stores. But if the 100$ difference reflects in 70-80€ and the statue will cost around 300-320€ it's an easy pass for me now. Will still stick to the PF line then.
It's a shame, because Maul costs 209€ here.

Having seen the line at comic-con and really gotten a look at Obi-Wan he's pretty awesome and compensates for the price nicely.

I heard someone saying in a youtube vid from the con that the statues seems to feel very small if you stand in front of them. Did you have the same impression, Josh?

I was considering it since it looks really amazing, but at this price point I'm going to have to pass. Definitely streamlining my collection into only must haves how.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back