Wow, never have I been this angry...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Anthos

Super Freak
Reaction score
I'm actually still trying to calm down a bit. Ok, story is this, my Hulk vs Spider-Man Exclusive still had not shipped as of last week. I called Sideshow and they said my order was "stuck" because I had canceled another item that was in that Order #. Ok, fine it was sent. Tuesday, Fed Ex comes by and doesn't drop off the box, but a love letter saying I had to sign for it. They mark it at 4:50 they were at my house. Next day, another letter, but this time I missed them by literally 5 minutes. Now, I'm getting ticked. The next day, my wife and I went to get a 3-d ultrasound for our baby, but I had to go to work after but she went home for the rest of the day so I figure she could sign for it.

My wife gets home at 2:45, guess what....Fed Ex note. They were there at 2:30. Now, I'm really steamed so I have to pick up the box at the Fed Ex plant which is sort of on my way home from work. I call up and they say they are open to 5:00, I get done work at 4:00, plenty of time. Of course,my luck being what it is, I hit major traffic BUT still manage to get to this place at 4:40. I go up to the door and knock.

"Can I help you?"

"Yes, I would like to pick up my package."

"Sorry, we're closed."

"What??? It's 20 of 5:00!"

"Sorry, the last pick up is at 4:30."

Needless to say, I blew up. I acted in a way that I'm not proud of, but after being jerked around by either Fed Ex's or Sideshows policy, I feel entitlement to lose it! Anyway, now I have to go to that F'ing fed ex place again tommorow if I want the bloody thing!

Now, I hate Fed Ex but for future purchases over the $100.00 mark, I'll have to have this stuff sent to my work. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!

I've gotta say, this is why [edit: I don't want to start any fame wars here. Love is all we need... and money to buy Sideshow stuff with].... :rolleyes:

pixletwin said:
I've gotta say, this is why [edit: I don't want to start any fame wars here. Love is all we need... and money to buy Sideshow stuff with].... :rolleyes:

Sorry, but if you get jerked around for a week let's see how you do. I'm sure the rest of the world just sits and talks things out rationally, take the fine examples over in Israel and Lebenon...oh wait...

Anthos said:
I'm actually still trying to calm down a bit. Ok, story is this, my Hulk vs Spider-Man Exclusive still had not shipped as of last week. I called Sideshow and they said my order was "stuck" because I had canceled another item that was in that Order #. Ok, fine it was sent. Tuesday, Fed Ex comes by and doesn't drop off the box, but a love letter saying I had to sign for it. They mark it at 4:50 they were at my house. Next day, another letter, but this time I missed them by literally 5 minutes. Now, I'm getting ticked. The next day, my wife and I went to get a 3-d ultrasound for our baby, but I had to go to work after but she went home for the rest of the day so I figure she could sign for it.

My wife gets home at 2:45, guess what....Fed Ex note. They were there at 2:30. Now, I'm really steamed so I have to pick up the box at the Fed Ex plant which is sort of on my way home from work. I call up and they say they are open to 5:00, I get done work at 4:00, plenty of time. Of course,my luck being what it is, I hit major traffic BUT still manage to get to this place at 4:40. I go up to the door and knock.

"Can I help you?"

"Sorry, we're closed."

Needless to say, I blew up. I acted in a way that I'm not proud of, but after being jerked around by either Fed Ex's or Sideshows policy, I feel entitlement to lose it! Anyway, now I have to go to that F'ing fed ex place again tommorow if I want the bloody thing!

Now, I hate Fed Ex but for future purchases over the $100.00 mark, I'll have to have this stuff sent to my work. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!

All my deliveries are sent to me UPS where I work where I have to sign for them. Personally I have had a great experience with them and know my driver personally. If your wife can get roses sent to her office, you can send yourself SS toys at your place of employment. Besides it only cost a few dollars more, or it did until SS just recently contracted a better shipping arrangement with them simliar to FEDEX.

Anthos said:
Sorry, but if you get jerked around for a week let's see how you do. I'm sure the rest of the world just sits and talks things out rationally, take the fine examples over in Israel and Lebenon...oh wait...
I know I know. In fact I know I prolly would have acted the same way. I left enough of my original post in tact so I could feel stupid.

:lol :duff

pixletwin said:
I know I know. In fact I know I prolly would have acted the same way. I left enough of my original post in tact so I could feel stupid.

:lol :duff

Cheers. I'm over it, just needed to vent

adambadadam said:
All my deliveries are sent to me UPS where I work where I have to sign for them. Personally I have had a great experience with them and know my driver personally. If your wife can get roses sent to her office, you can send yourself SS toys at your place of employment. Besides it only cost a few dollars more, or it did until SS just recently contracted a better shipping arrangement with them simliar to FEDEX.

Yeah, I have all my stuff delivered to work.... I got tired of the note on my door, taunting me with it's story of collectibles lost for another day... And the Hellish trip to the sorting facility, where the employees all hate life and all things good. It seriously got on my nerves after a while. I had to find another way, lest I go on a murderous rampage.... :devil

So now I get my stuff at work, and no one says a word... because they know I will kill them if they do. :D

You have to see the funny side and laugh eventually. It may take a long time, one day, you will.
The world seems to work the same way with me all the time. I find it amazing we all don't spend all our time yelling and screaming. The fact that we don't, should alert people, that we have had a bad day, or year, or life, and be more open to sorting out what is their responsibility in our upset. Anger management? Pleeeease. And it makes it worse that they don't understand or have contributed with the final insult that has caused the lid to blow.

Now, it has been a calamity of errors that has occured, and what is irreprehensible is the conflicting information we get from people that work for the same mob. Even so, they are made to follow rules, and they have lives also. So you are made to leave, tanked and fuming, ready to kill the guy in front for not indicating, when all it would take is a little understanding from someone, anyone.

This is where you are absolutely right in being distressed. It's not Sideshow, it's Fed-Ex. They are uncompromising and unwilling to help or bend rules. Their employees probably dont enjoy being there either. You can ring, after you have received their first notice and tell them not to bother calling around the next day, to save them the bother and come to an arrangement, but no. It can't be done, sorry. All they need to do is listen, think, incorporate deduction, and oblige your particular circumstance, and a lot of bother for everyone would be achieved, and we'd be saved one less murder on the road rage tally. If only you could negotiate were the transaction ends. This two days before it's sent back is craptacular. It suits most circumstances, but there has to be allowances for every circumstance.

You can see why they have this policy. They dont have the room, and don't want carnage in their facilities. The manager of the facility should have the final say, and be open to the small percentage of people that their policies don't ally themselves to, and cater for those people.

WWSMD?

127395455O412916971.jpg

*What would Superman do?:lol:lol:lol

I like how your picture makes Luke look like he is thinking "What! That MoFo can fly??!!!" :lol

Anthos said:

"Can I help you?"

"Sorry, we're closed."

Congratulations on the baby!!!

And just wait until FedEx drives your package to the wrong STATE and then loses it but won't confirm it as "officially" lost for over a week so that you can get a replacement sent out...

DarkArtist81 said:
Yeah, I have all my stuff delivered to work.... I got tired of the note on my door, taunting me with it's story of collectibles lost for another day... And the Hellish trip to the sorting facility, where the employees all hate life and all things good. It seriously got on my nerves after a while. I had to find another way, lest I go on a murderous rampage.... :devil

So now I get my stuff at work, and no one says a word... because they know I will kill them if they do. :D

:lol :lol :lol :lol...

Thats what I do...work is the best place to have something delivered and with fed ex all business deliverys require a signature..No matter the price. So I always have evidence that it was signed for a do have to chase Fed Ex truck around town trying to get my figure(which I have done before and it was a little funny to see the look on the Fed Ex guys face when I finally chased him down about 20 minutes from my home:lol)

Anthos said:
Well, I understand that you're upset, and you have every right to be. Heck, just about everyone here has gone through the FedEx signature dance before. It can be very frustrating.

But I don't think this is a case of being jerked around (at least, not the way I think of it). None of what has happened was someone intentionally trying to keep you from receiving your diorama, it's just a very unfortunate string of bad circumstances. I wouldn't even go so far as to label it incompetence on their part (well, except the dufus who forgot to tell you that they really close at 4:30).

I know it is hard to see it now, but things will work out in the end. You will get the piece, and you will love it.

Similar thing happened to me with FedEx when delivering my Xmen Sentinel. Long story short, I missed delivery by minutes all three times. They actually tried a fourth time and Still no good. I had to drive waaaaaaay out of the way to pick it up. Two days later I get a call from Fed Ex. "Hi we have a package scheduled for delivery to you this Saturday and are just calling to make sure you'll be home to sign for it." I guess the driver is sick of coming to my house.:lol

BTW, great pic Dark Artist!

Anthos said:

I always get stuff sent to work - of course the people at work think I'm weird but at least I don't have to go try collect it from the Post Office.

at least you guys get 3 trips from the FedEx :emperor man. My brother only got one trip to deliver to him and FedEx :emperor sent the package back to Sideshow. First it was the SDCC Luke PF Exclusive and then the second was a X-Men vs diorama i believe. They didn't even give him or me the chance of picking it up in person. :emperor

Back