Paypal claim issues

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hydeous

Apprentice
CF Supporter
Reaction score
So I sold a HT Mark IV Iron Man on eBay last month to a buyer in eBay that goes by the name Rafael Salas De Poras, ebay user ID caronte0.

Long story short, he filed a claim via paypal since the package took so long to arrive, and paypal refund him the money. But last week, I saw that the package has been delivered.

I contact him last week, but theres yet to be a reply. I know its a long shot, but I'm still giving him a benefit of the doubt to resend the money since he looks like a decent and honest guy from his feedback.

I called paypal up, and they said that they need a delivery signature proof which I can request from the post office but will take some time to process. Hoping that I wont need to go through that route, but will do it if theres no choice.

Does any of the Spain based collector here know him and maybe could pass the message to him?

Hoping that someone could help me out here :pray:

Last edited:
Re: Help needed from Spain Collectors

A lot of eBay auctions specify that they won't post to Spain - their customs is apparently quite a problem and can cause issues like this. I think that if you can prove to paypal the item has been delivered then you will get your money back.

Man I wouldnt wait that long. Just go to the post office and ask for the delivery signature before you lose your money and MK IV.

The paypal rep told me based on past experiences, it can take several weeks for the PO to get that delivery signature. And they are giving me 3 months time to get back to them with that signature.

Was hoping that the buyer can be honest enough to admit that he got the item and sending the money back so that I can save on time and get the money back, but will do it via paypal if he doesnt respond.

A lot of eBay auctions specify that they won't post to Spain - their customs is apparently quite a problem and can cause issues like this. I think that if you can prove to paypal the item has been delivered then you will get your money back.

I sold a few stuffs a while ago to Spain, and have no problems actually. Hoping that this one will go smoothly as well :pray:

You mean Italy not Spain, Right? Because Most of sellers do'nt post to Italy, and if they post to Italy they only accept EMS shipping, cause their custom issues.

I Never have seen a single ebay auction excluding Spain for shipping, and never have a problem receiving packages from different countries (same for customs). In fact, shipping to Spain works better and safe compared with other European countries.

Hydeous
Sorry buddy, but I don't Know who is this guy..so I think that can't help you ..:dunno

Edit: : City?,

Du'nno if helps, but you can check and track the package status here (except USPS)
https://correos.es/comun/Localizador/2010_c1-LocalizadorE.asp

Last edited:

You mean Italy not Spain, Right? Because Most of sellers do'nt post to Italy, and if they post to Italy they only accept EMS shipping, cause their custom issues.

I Never have seen a single ebay auction excluding Spain for shipping, and never have a problem receiving packages from different countries (same for customs). In fact, shipping to Spain works better and safe compared with other European countries.

Hydeous
Sorry buddy, but I don't Know who is this guy..so I think that can't help you ..:dunno

Edit: : City?,

Du'nno if helps, but you can check and track the package status here (except USPS)
https://correos.es/comun/Localizador/2010_c1-LocalizadorE.asp

I already tracked the package via Spain post, and it says that it has delivered on the 1st of June (translated it via google).

The guy is in Madrid btw.

I already tracked the package via Spain post, and it says that it has delivered on the 1st of June (translated it via google).

The guy is in Madrid btw.

That tracking link I posted (correos.es) is translated in english (if you click on "Welcome" in the upper right corner).. and that guy is from my city, but I do'nt know him :monkey1

Anyways If you need some help for translation (e-mails from you or from him, ..or whatever) can help you

BTw should be "de porras" instead de poras, and would bet all my money that is this Guy: :wink1:

https://www.facebook.com/rafael.salasdeporras

Last edited:

That tracking link I posted (correos.es) is translated in english (if you click on "Welcome" in the upper right corner).. and that guy is from my city, but I do'nt know him :monkey1

Anyways If you need some help for translation (e-mails from you or from him, ..or whatever) can help you

BTw should be "de porras" instead de poras, and would bet all my money that is this Guy: :wink1:

https://www.facebook.com/rafael.salasdeporras

Thanks, valvo! I appreciate that:1-1:

Was wondering, if it's possible for you to go to the Spain Post to request for the delivery signature proof, even though the package wasn't sent to you? Or maybe the email to Spain Post where I can request the scan of the signature delivery proof?

I think it's that guy, I will try to send him a message tomorrow on Facebook then, hopefully he'll read and send my money back.

Last edited:

Thanks, valvo! I appreciate that:1-1:

Was wondering, if it's possible for you to go to the Spain Post to request for the delivery signature proof, even though the package wasn't sent to you? Or maybe the email to Spain Post where I can request the scan of the signature delivery proof?

I think it's that guy, I will try to send him a message tomorrow on Facebook then, hopefully he'll read and send my money back.

Mnn. I believe that's not possible, I mean, for requesting myself the delivery signature proof, because they ask for your DNI (national identity document) and the sender, would be the only one who could access and request this info..however I think you could request yourself the delivery signature proof trought the website I posted before.

Here, you can make the request:

https://www.correos.es/ENG/08-AtencionCliente/0805_1-FormularioP.asp

(It's translated in english) and don't forget to include the tracking number

And about facebook, Trust me, he is the guy you're looking for.. ,(he has Hot toys, as favorites and other spanish "freak" websites), :wink1:

Last edited:

Hi my friend , im from spain too and im a seller on ebay.
I lived your history a year ago with an USA customer.
I opened a chat with paypal in the resolution center , i gave them the tracking number and shipping date they asked me for a scan of the shipping prof, they checked the delivery status and then cancel the money back to the buyer, in my case , the buyer opened a claim, paypal returned the money and 3 days later he received the toy,paypal gave me the solution with the shipping prof scan and a little of patience.

Sorry by my bad english

Mnn. I believe that's not possible, I mean, for requesting myself the delivery signature proof, because they ask for your DNI (national identity document) and the sender, would be the only one who could access and request this info..however I think you could request yourself the delivery signature proof trought the website I posted before.

Here, you can make the request:

https://www.correos.es/ENG/08-AtencionCliente/0805_1-FormularioP.asp

(It's translated in english) and don't forget to include the tracking number

And about facebook, Trust me, he is the guy you're looking for.. ,(he has Hot toys, as favorites and other spanish "freak" websites), :wink1:

I just messaged the Spain Post, and my local post too. We'll see which one responds first. Thanks again for the help and input, Valvo.. appreciated:1-1:

Ok, maybe if it all doesnt come through, you could link me to the Spanish local forum, hope that will get his attention.

Hi my friend , im from spain too and im a seller on ebay.
I lived your history a year ago with an USA customer.
I opened a chat with paypal in the resolution center , i gave them the tracking number and shipping date they asked me for a scan of the shipping prof, they checked the delivery status and then cancel the money back to the buyer, in my case , the buyer opened a claim, paypal returned the money and 3 days later he received the toy,paypal gave me the solution with the shipping prof scan and a little of patience.

Sorry by my bad english

shipping proof scan, or delivery confirmation signature from the receiver? cause paypal told me that they need the signed receipt proving that he received it.

Thanks again for everyone whos trying to help :wave

shipping proof scan, your duty as seller is shipping the item with tracking number , you are not responsible in the delivery, if you shipping the item to the seller address and you have the proff, your part is well done, if they want to see the delivery status , they can check www.correos.es with the tracking number, if you want you can send me the tracking number , to try to get the signature name.

shipping proof scan, your duty as seller is shipping the item with tracking number , you are not responsible in the delivery, if you shipping the item to the seller address and you have the proff, your part is well done, if they want to see the delivery status , they can check www.correos.es with the tracking number, if you want you can send me the tracking number , to try to get the signature name.

Just PMed you:wave

So after sending the proof of shipping receipts, reply from Spain post, and documents regarding the tracking from dimicop (thanks bud :1-1:) paypal has decided the claim in my favor, and heres their reply:

We have received your valid tracking information on the above-mentioned
case and sent a courtesy email to the buyer on your behalf. We have
requested that the buyer submit a full refund to you. If you do not receive
a response from the buyer within 3 days please contact us and we will
continue with the appeal.

We value your business and regret that you have had this experience. To
avoid similar experiences in the future, please view our Seller Protection
Policy by clicking the "Legal Agreements" link located at the bottom of the
PayPal webpage.

If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact us again.

I thought they were going to deduct straight from the buyer and put it in my account, but it says "courtesy" email requesting the buyer to send me back the money:thud:

Anyone experienced similar cases before? what do paypal do, in worst case scenarios, when the buyer choose to ignore paypal and do not refund the money?

So after sending the proof of shipping receipts, reply from Spain post, and documents regarding the tracking from dimicop (thanks bud :1-1:) paypal has decided the claim in my favor, and heres their reply:

We have received your valid tracking information on the above-mentioned
case and sent a courtesy email to the buyer on your behalf. We have
requested that the buyer submit a full refund to you. If you do not receive
a response from the buyer within 3 days please contact us and we will
continue with the appeal.

We value your business and regret that you have had this experience. To
avoid similar experiences in the future, please view our Seller Protection
Policy by clicking the "Legal Agreements" link located at the bottom of the
PayPal webpage.

If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact us again.

I thought they were going to deduct straight from the buyer and put it in my account, but it says "courtesy" email requesting the buyer to send me back the money:thud:

Anyone experienced similar cases before? what do paypal do, in worst case scenarios, when the buyer choose to ignore paypal and do not refund the money?

Ive never had to deal with this personally, but I would assume they will negate it right from his Paypal account so he would be in the negative. But Im not sure about that.

I could be wrong, but I think in international cases you don't really have much protection from Paypal as a seller. Courtesy email sounds like are SOL.

Paypal has strange rules in Europe. Not the same rules as USA. Spoke to another ebay seller who has experienced lots of issues when buyer made claims thru paypal affiliates in Europe.

I could be wrong, but I think in international cases you don't really have much protection from Paypal as a seller. Courtesy email sounds like are SOL.
Yeah, unfortunately, I don't ship pricey things internationally anymore because of this. Paypal requires signature confirmation (not just delivery confirmation) to protect sellers based out of the U.S. costing over $250, and you can't get that when shipping out of the country.

Sorry to hear about this Mike. I'm currently having an issue with some buffoon who bought a figure from me, never signed for it (so it went to the PO, where it has been sitting for over two weeks), then skipped eBay/Paypal altogether and filed a credit card chargeback saying it was an unauthorized transaction despite his having the same eBay and Paypal name as his shipping address. Fortunately, I did everything Paypal requires and should therefore be covered, but Paypal is holding about $430 hostage from me until it gets resolved. If this happened out of the country though, I would be screwed, because here are the requirements for protection:

To qualify for eBay Seller Protection, be sure to:

Communicate proactively with your buyer throughout the transaction.
Ship items within 7 days of the stated handling time on your listing. For pre-ordered or made-to-order goods, ship within the timelines stated in your listing.
Use a shipping method that provides tracking information and/or valid delivery confirmation to the address in the PayPal transaction details or eBay order details page.
Signature confirmation is required for transactions over $250.
Retain your shipping documentation
Respond to the eBay resolution process in a timely manner.

Well, in the ende of the day, all this is a "Honesty" issue...

I always purchase things overseas, as here in Brazil a regular Hot Toys figure is selled on the very few shops that sell them for something like US$ 600,00 to US$ 700,00 (and this for a regular figure, not the "rare" ones)...

In the past few months, I realize several problems with Brazilian post service... I had things purchased on January that never arrived...

I purchased a God of War game on ebay, from USA, and usually it takes no more than 15 days to arrive... After almost 45 five, the item still didn´t arrive, I talk to the seller and he sent me a refund from the freight value.

We both agreed to wait for a formal response on a Shipment Information he had open it on USPS before he could sent me the refund for the game.

Yesterday, the game finally arrived. In the very same minute, I sent him a email tellig the good news and asking for a paypal invoice for the freight he had refund me.

I´m waiting for the invoice, and will pay him in the very SECOND it arrives on my email...

I jus´t cant sleep well knowing that I receive something that I didn´t pay for...

That's very good of you PPNYPD, but not everyone will behave similarly. And with pricey items like the stuff many of us collect, the financial risk is too high to put trust in others we don't know. Beyond that, foreign post offices are hit-or-miss in my experience. And if something goes wrong, buyers are gonna expect the seller to make right, even if the seller does no wrong and the buyer is being honest--it is all the post office's fault. Selling abroad is just too much of a gamble for me.

Back