Hi just started collecting because of a friend...oh how I hate him now!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

akbakb

Freakzoid
Reaction score
Hi everyone!
I just started collecting because of a friend´s recommendation to check out Hot Toys. I have since bought some 5 figures! Most are new so I can accept the prices (I already used to collect G1 Transformers and Chogokin so price range was the same). But other older Hot Toys figures that I had my eye on have ridiculous prices!!
I collect for myself so never plan on getting money out of this hobby. I had just about finished collecting all my wish-list of transformers G1, and now I find this...Oh how I hate friends and their expensive recommendations.:lol
Anyways, because of business I travel from Japan to South America. I have a girlfriend who still doesn´t accept my "toys" but still gives me the space in our small apartment to display them (bought a big display case and set in on the wall of the living room).
Hope I can make friends here.

Hi there...welcome on board :wave. I'm pretty new here myself too. And thx for ur message. I just replied to u. Pls chk out. Happy Collecting:rotfl

welcome welcome. Everyone all start out the same...

Get wowed by the hot toys packaging & plastic stuff -> eventually realize how much more awesome sideshow statues are -> sells all hot toys and move to sideshow statues -> start complaining about sideshow quality -> becomes jaded freaks like the rest of us :lol

Thanks for the warm reception guys!

My girlfriend accepts my "toys" but would rather me sell it all and clear space:lol
But I know if I were to buy a "girl" figure that would be THE END for her!

:welcome1::FREAK:

My collection is in the living room, The wife doesn't like them but I do and that's what counts :lol

Welcome aboard, let's hope your GF is cool as your collection grow, HT can be addictive :lol

She is cool...the problem now is the space. Our apartment is really small. Must find a way to but a display inside the closet...:gah:

welcome welcome. Everyone all start out the same...

Get wowed by the hot toys packaging & plastic stuff -> eventually realize how much more awesome sideshow statues are -> sells all hot toys and move to sideshow statues -> start complaining about sideshow quality -> becomes jaded freaks like the some of us :lol

Fixed for accuracy. :wave

Screenshot2012-03-01at23320PM-1.png

:D

Back