Those are the droids I'm looking for.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
droidskq4.jpg

If those are life size, that immediately puts them out of my price range.

OK, finally got the cams up. Those do appear to be life-size but I figured they were just "set dressing", not something that's going to go up for pre-order. :monkey1

I guess it doesn't matter to me because they'd be wicked expensive anyway. Think I can call in sick and hop an over-nighter to the show tomorrow?

Stay tuned to SidshowCollectibles.com for news, updates, and your opportunity to order your very own authentic C-3PO and R2-D2. These are the highest quality life-size reproductions ever availible to private collectors exclusively from Sideshow Collectibles.

Surprise!!!

Sort of, word is that these are extreme prototypes and will be able to be ordered sometime in the future, I would expect that it will be at least a year before these go up for order.

R2 looks perfect, 3PO not so much. He definitely doesn't look as good as the Don Post life-size statue from the mid-1990's, but then again those can't be found for less than $10-15k so this could be a reasonably priced alternative. The main question this unveiling begs is if SS will be launching a full line of life-size SW characters and if we'll be seeing life-size versions of Vader, Boba Fett, etc. anytime in the near future.

I once found a guy on ebay that sells a C-3PO kitt for about $800 (if I remeber it well). Unfinished that is, meaning must be assembled and painted/goldplated. A finished C-3PO would be around $3K. Wonder how much SSC will charge.

Back