Thought on SS 1/6 Dooku

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BHG738

Freaked Out
Reaction score
Anyone else think that part of the delay on seeing him is that rather than it be a Sideshow release, they are going to hand this one over to Hot Toys as part of the ongoing HT/SS Star Wars partnership?

I am thinking this will be the case and if so it will be amazing.

Would much rather have a HT/SS Dooku than a stand alone SS version.

Not to mention Sideshow has consistently done better paint work on older characters. I have no worries about them knocking a Dooku out of the park.

I didn't buy too many SSC Jedi or human characters so, i'd hope Hot Toys gives us the main Jedi/Sith and OT characters only then will your collection look great with SS clones, droids and aliens.

I really hope that Sideshow does him. I like the sculpts of Hot Toy's, but if you will pose a HT figure next to the first sideshow figures it just doesn't look right. because that would be the same as posing the original kenner figures next to the hasbro figures from the last years :dunno

I really hope that Sideshow does him. I like the sculpts of Hot Toy's, but if you will pose a HT figure next to the first sideshow figures it just doesn't look right. because that would be the same as posing the original kenner figures next to the hasbro figures from the last years :dunno

Yes, the new Hasbro figures look terrible by comparison :lecture :lol
(very biased towards vintage here :rock)

TBH honest I am a bit concerned about the new Bespin Luke sticking out like a sore thumb (or wrist stump) in my collection. I may opt to put him in a separte area if its too pronounced of a difference.

Usually I don't mind mixing and matching a bit; but sadly putting the HT Luke next to Bespin Han would be very painful :lol

Yep, although they and some of the other recent figures don't really make much sense if posed next to Bespin luke.

I'd say Stormtroopers and Vader are the best bets for hanging out with the HT Luke... although I've already got them in a dedicated space so I'll either have to rearrange or figure something else out :huh

True, he'd look good with Yoda... but the one outfit is too clean, and the other is too jacked up.

And too small of a fry to want to drop $250 on :lol I want a Dooku; but I don't want to spend over $150 for him... and hopefully less.

That's a very good point that I didn't think of - as much as I really want a 1/6 Dooku I don't want to break the bank for him!

Yep, and really at this point it sounds like HT is only revisiting figures already released by Sideshow.

This line seems like a good money maker for Sideshow so I doubt they would want HT releasing a high demand figure like Dooku before they take a crack at him.

Back