SS Civil War

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mikericm

Super Freak
Reaction score
Does anyone collect any of these? I've recently started and they are killer. Very detailed and killer accessories.

Welcome to 2007. :wave

Not sure we'll see anymore 12" figures, but they did just release a canon not too long ago.

I'm not expecting new figures. I actually just joined the 1/6 world @ a year ago. So I am slowly discovering all that is out there. I've always loved the history behind the Civil War, so these were a no brainer for me.

I'm not expecting new figures. I actually just joined the 1/6 world @ a year ago. So I am slowly discovering all that is out there. I've always loved the history behind the Civil War, so these were a no brainer for me.

It's sad though. I really wish Sideshow would rekindle their love for 1:6 military figures. Looking at how well the Joes are turning out, it's really a shame they aren't doing them anymore. :(

Would be nice if SSC revisited the historical military stuff. DiD is doing it, but being that the are an Asian company, they probably have no interest in the Civil or Revolutionary Wars. I actually wouldn't mind seeing SSC go back to the Revolutionary War either. The only figures I remember them making was George Washington and maybe a troop or 2.

I was always bummed that their Revolutionary War line wasn't as extensive as their Civil War was. I have Washington, but that's it. Not worth the trouble to hunt down two more figures, one of which wouldn't even be American.

I was always bummed that their Revolutionary War line wasn't as extensive as their Civil War was. I have Washington, but that's it. Not worth the trouble to hunt down two more figures, one of which wouldn't even be American.

Same here. I have Washington, but the other 2 in the series sell for over $100 each on ebay.

Since I am new to 1/6 collecting, I am still in the honeymoon stage. I collect Hot Toys, Medicom, Marvel, DC, Horror movies, Classic Horror Monster, and many others. So until I complete all the sets, which I am a long way away, I am enjoying hunting these.

And since I found this borad, I don't have to run to ebay to find stuff. I wish there were more borads like this.

Collectors seem to lean towards comics and movies more than history. I absolutely love my Dinosauria stuff, some of my favorite pieces, but I recognize it's a bit of a niche.

SSC just got the DC license, so they have a new playground to tinker in now. While I think they would appreciate how cool it would be to rework this sort of figure, they seem pretty focused on what's in demand. And, since they are trying to make a living, a person can't fault them for that.

All that said, some revolutionary war stuff would definitely catch my eye if it comes about.

I have George Washington and the other two in their Revolutionary War line. They are great figures. I wish SS would revisit this line.

Back