TUCK2197's WIP

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tuck2197

Freaked Out
Reaction score
I am relatively new to this hobby, I started with the idea of creating a few bashes for use in my photography. Basically I wanted a few relatively life like bashes to practice new ideas and techniques for my photography for when I couldn't or didn't want to work with a model. Plus I like to stretch my artistic muscles, I used to build model airplanes as a child.

Check out my photography here: https://www.greenstphotography.com/

Anyway I started putting together a RE1 Alice about a year ago, and since then I have started on a few Matrix characters, Tyler Durden, The Firefly Crew, and the Ghostbusters. Not a single bash is finished yet. But I figured I'd start posting a few of the WIP's and see what everyone thinks.

I have started practicing painting some head sculpts so hopefully I will be able to start finishing some of these bashes (and save myself the expense of hiring someone to paint them for me).

I'll start with my Matrix Morpheus and Neo:

Morpheus Recipe:
Body: HT Advanced
Jaket: Kato
Suit vest and pants: Saturday Toys dyed purple (Planning on re-dying it Royal Blue to make it a bit more accurate in color)
Shirt: From TTL set that Tyler Durden Jacket came from
Head sculpt: Sunhuc (needs painting) not shown.
Still Need: Katana, Gun, Shoes, Tie

Morpheus1.jpg

Morpheus2.jpg

Neo Recipe:
All clothes: Triad Toys
Head Sculpt: Headplay
I have all the weapons (not shown)
Stevo's rig ordered
I have the materials to make the repelling harness
I currently have the HT boots, but will purchase the new custom being made by sithlordmacgyve
Still need: sunglasses

Neo.jpg

Last edited:
Here are my RE Alices

RE1 Alice Recipe:
Body: Triad Toys Alpha (small chest)
Dress and Skirt: from eBay (claimed to be created by Ha Rue)
Jacket: from eBay (planing on removing a few bits to make it a bit better, hoping HT eventually releases this fig so I can get a good jacket)
Weapons: from eBay
Boots: I think they were from a HT figure. I have some new boots on the way that I hope are better
Still Need: Head Sculpt (Talking to Spenser!)

RE1-Alice.jpg

RE3 Alice Recipe:
Body: Triad Toys Eva (sml chest)
Clothes/weapons,hands: Brother Production (Plan on weathering them)
Still need: Head sculpt (Talking to Spenser!)

RE3-Alice.jpg

Last edited:
Tyler Durden Recipe:
Body: HT Slim
Jacket/pants: TTL set, pants were dyed. They look a bit more orange in this pic (I didn't want to take the time to edit the color in photoshop).
Shirt: Kato
Hands/cigarette/soap: Brother Production
Still need: Head sculpt (I have the Bro. Production ones that I am practicing painting with, I also have a sunhoc head on its way), shoes (ordered), sunglasses (going to get the ones from the interest thread here).

Tyler.jpg

Last edited:
I got my painted heads from Spenser today so I figured I'd start posting what I have so far. Basically all I am waiting for are 4 new bodies. I have some of the new HT narrow's on pre-order so it will probably be some time before these get finished. In the mean time I tried using coffee to dye/weather a spare suit I have. It's hard to tell in the pics but it's darker and looks very worn and stained. I am thinking about dyeing these more grey and then giving them the coffee treatment. Not sure yet. Also picked up some new boots, gloves and belts. I need to paint over the "US" on the belts and I'm thinking of some way to give the boots a side zipper.

Matel Ghostbusters
MatelGBs.jpg

GB-suit.jpg

GB-SuitWeathering.jpg

Spenser-GBheads.jpg

GB-updates.jpg

Last edited:
I had reserved this space for my Firefly bashes but I think the "Dude" belongs up front. I was lucky enough to grab the last kit from Rainman!! Never thought I'd send that kind of money on something like this, but this is so awesome I couldn't resist. Now I just need to save up to get someone to paint up the head sculpt. Sorry for the iPhone pic, but I promise to do better once I have the head painted :)

photo.jpg

Dude.jpg

Last edited:
All are looking great!. If you bought the resident evil dress from Ike-con, then it is indeed an original Ha Rue. He's a board member, I wonder where he is, been absent for quite some time.

All are looking great!. If you bought the resident evil dress from Ike-con, then it is indeed an original Ha Rue. He's a board member, I wonder where he is, been absent for quite some time.

Thanks! Yup Ike-con sounds right. From what I was able to find on the web I was pretty sure the outfit was legit. But you just never know. Either way it looks pretty awesome :)

Thanks! Yup Ike-con sounds right. From what I was able to find on the web I was pretty sure the outfit was legit. But you just never know. Either way it looks pretty awesome :)

In fact, you were the one that beat me to it, then. :mad: Get ready for a beat down...

:rotfl:peace

Attempt 2 to dye Morpheus's suit was a failure. The Royal blue was way to dark. So I ordered some more dyes and am going to try and blend a better color. This will be the last try, if it doesn't work I will stick with the Purple I have and just consider it my interpretation of Morpheus. At some point the experimentation just becomes too expensive, and seeing as how I have yet to finish a bash yet I figure I need to put the money to finishing a few of these.

On that note I just received my "Dude" kit from Rainman. So yet another bash to put on my to-do list. I'll need a body and paint for this one...

Re: TUCK2197's WIP (added Mal and Zoe from Firefly bashes)

I will start to post some of my Firefly bashes here:

Mal Recipe:
Pants: Battlegear toys altered and brown stripe added by: Star Puffs
Suspenders: Star Puffs
Boots: Newline Japanese officer boots
Rig and gun: Stevo's
gloved hands(not shown): HT Joker
Shirt/Jacket: ordered from SMCG Customs (ETA 2 weeks)
Head: Trevor, sent out to be painted by Greggo

To do: Weather Boots, paint gloved hands black, weather belt and rig. Possibly paint suspenders.

Mal-2.jpg

Mal-1.jpg

Mal-3.jpg

Last edited:
Re: TUCK2197's WIP (added Rainman Dude pics in post 5)

Zoe Recipe:
Body: HT Cuban
Pants: HT Valentine
Rig and weapon: Stevo's
Boots: HT Black Widow (waiting for order from eBay)
Shirt: Still looking for something
Vest/Duster: Ordered from SMCG Sustoms (ETA 2 weeks)
Other weapons: eBay
Head: Trevor (needs to be painted)

To do: Find shirt, weather rig, dye pants more tan in color if can (not sure the fabric can take a dye), paint headsculpt.

Zoe.jpg

Last edited:

Cool stuff Tuck, Mal is shaping up nicely :clap Can't wait to see Gregg's paint on that sculpt.

looks great! I'm glad my belt idea became a standard with Mal customs. one thing though, those aren't Sheva pants, they are Jill Valentines.

also, are you gonna get Trev's Mal boots?

You of course are cottect those are the Valintine pants. I couldn't find a pair of the Sheva pants and figured these looked passable :slap

As for Trevor's boots, for now I am not planning on getting them. I have too much money going to other bashes and since I already have these boots in hand I figured I'd use them for now. I'm sure eventually I will change my mind, but I do plan on doing the whole crew so we shall see.

looks great! I'm glad my belt idea became a standard with Mal customs. one thing though, those aren't Sheva pants, they are Jill Valentines.

also, are you gonna get Trev's Mal boots?

Back