The Hot Toys Wishlist Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Would you buy a Robert Downey Jr. Sherlock Holmes figure from Hot Toys?

• Yes, definitely!

Votes: 78 30.1%
  • Maybe... the movie was alright.

Votes: 35 13.5%
  • Probably not.

Votes: 146 56.4%

• Total voters

Dr.Mirakle32

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hot Toys SHERLOCK HOLMES, anybody?

As a long-time, albeit casual fan of the Great Detective, I walked away from the new film thoroughly satisfied and entertained. It however disappointed me to think that this was not one of the new licences announced by Hot Toys for the new year. Sure, a Robert Downey Jr. Holmes may seem like another flavor-of-the-month figure request that HT and fans seem to love, but unlike other such licences (Avatar, Prince of Persia, even 300) Sherlock Holmes is at least a beloved cultural icon in literature, radio and film, and has been so for almost a century and a half!

The dude deserves at least one quality 12" figure (preferably a Rathbone version, but I'll take what I can get) so one based on the new film would a perfect opportunity, especially since the film turned out to actually be good.

Come on Hot Toys. We know you love sculpting Downey, so give the Starks a rest and give him a figure based on his new franchise character! It shouldn't be too tricky to make; the costume isn't too complicated after they've done a great job with the similar Joker suits, and they already have the practice doing RDJ sculpts. A great figure that should be simple and fairly affordable.

Re: Hot Toys SHERLOCK HOLMES, anybody?

I've been thinking bout it also! It looks like a great line that HT could handle.

Although I hope they make watson (jude law), as I'm more interested in his fig.

I'd buy all and every figure HT makes from Sherlock Holmes! Absolutely LOVED the film! :rock:rock:rock:rock

Last edited:

I haven't seen the movie yet, but judging from the trailer and pics I saw it could be an interesting line.
But with all the other stuff HT is making, it'd a "probably not" for me.

Although I'm not going to cast any votes 'til after I've seen the movie. Glad it's getting good reviews though!
I might go see it on Saturday...

I'd love it although unless it does fantastic in Asia I don't see it happening....then again HT is getting good at Stark...

I must ask. Do we really need figures based off every movie ever released? Really?

Do we really need the multiple Han Solos, Leias and Lukes?

Sherlock Holmes is a no brainer - it's going to be a popular action movie with a popular actor playing an iconic character. Why not figures?

would like to see this made into figures but we'll have to see hot toys does spring this out on us sometimes

No thanks. Hot Toys already has my bank account by the balls. No need to twist them any further than they already are.

Definitely. How could you pick Aldo Raine or Leonidas over Sherlock Holmes?! And he has so many interesting outfits in the movie...I vote for the hat and sunglasses myself.

I must ask. Do we really need figures based off every movie ever released? Really?

:rolleyes:

This is definitely going to be a big franchise; I see at least 3 films, possibly more. Hot Toys have picked up stranger licences than this. Mars Attacks! came from nowhere, Clash Of The Titans & Prince Of Persia haven't even come out yet!

Yes. Yes, we do. :lol Nothing wrong with more choice. I wish every movie had a Hot Toys or Sideshow quality figure to choose from. The bigger the selections the more diverse everyone's collection becomes. As it is now, 1/6th collectors are slotted into whatever dozen licenses are most lucrative.

Yes - I'd get Homes and Watson. I have a custom Basil Rathbone
that I like a lot.

Back