Will any HT Batman heads fit the Takara?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Does not fit. The head actualy covers the whole neck piece on the takara body and there's no way to usse the neck supplied with the dx head to cover over the takara neck. why would you want the new suit cowl on the old suit body? Just curious.

Not a lot of love left for the old Takara Tomy Bats but just got mine out of storage and I love it. It's a wee bit skinny but as a representation of 'Batman' it's amazing.

Does not fit. The head actualy covers the whole neck piece on the takara body and there's no way to usse the neck supplied with the dx head to cover over the takara neck. why would you want the new suit cowl on the old suit body? Just curious.

thanks! i just wanted to swap the heads. no big change. it wouldn't have to be totally accurate for me. as long as it looked good.

yep i still love the Tak. lil skinny but IMO HT is a lil fat lol. i just wanted to try and "upgrade" the Tak. dangit. was hoping the DX head would hit right on the Tak neck.

i've boxed my takara up for now. needed the space, but once I get another Detolf or/if adam offers his OC sculpt, he will come back out and stay out. whichever comes first :D

but, not to knock you Mookeylama, but the DX head with the Takara neck would look a bit wonky wouldn't it? I just can't picture those 2 together

...not to knock you Mookeylama, but the DX head with the Takara neck would look a bit wonky wouldn't it? I just can't picture those 2 together

Agreed.

@ Mookeylama: Do you realize that you are saying you want a head from the Dark Knight costume on the Batman Begins costume? That doesn't make any sense. At all. :eek:

I thought you were happy with it once you did your mods. What happened?

I said it wrong. What I meant to say is that my Takara head desperately needs to be replaced.

I'm quite happy with the figure's body after my mods, but the the bulkier body gives him a pin-head. :(

P1110800.jpg

again, accuracy's not a biggy to me. honestly i've never given them that close of a look. didn't realize it was immensely different than the Begins.

https://miamiherald.typepad.com/reeling/2008/05/batman-needs-hi.html

https://www.smh.com.au/news/dvd-rev...lectors-edition/2005/10/18/1129401229680.html

the heads don't look that different to me.

anyway Maglor, this guy put a HT Begins on the Tak. looks big but might look ok on your bulkier bod. BTW ya have a tut on bulking the Tak suit up like that?

I said it wrong. What I meant to say is that my Takara head desperately needs to be replaced.

I think it looks fine on the body. :dunno

Yeah the OC and Adam sculpts are better, but the Takara one is still great. It looks like Bale, has articulation in the neck (I don't care if the neck movement was hindered in the film, as a figure, the ability to move that head with different ranges of mobility improves it) and looks good on the body. It's a bit small but I've seen worse. Some figures have micro heads while others have enormous noggins.

It's fine, leave it. I could see if it looked extremely disproportionate or odd, but it doesn't. That extra bulk, the matte finish on the suit, the cowl, gauntlets and head looks great. I always thought you were proud of the figure you made.

I own the Takara and OC, the only problem I ever had with my Takara is one, it is thin around the waist/chest/arms (you have fixed this perfectly) and 2, the clog boots. That is it.

The OC is quite the improvement, especially as far as proportions go but if I didn't have it you better believe I'd be content with the Takara.

Last edited:
https://www.onesixthwarriors.com/fo...6313-will-any-ht-batman-heads-fit-takara.html

meant to link that in last post. maybe on the stuffed Tak that head wouldn't look so big. so Mag how'd you bulk up the Tak

and i'm still not sure why a DX head would be sacrilegious on the TAK. i've never been that interested in the DK so maybe i'm off. but both heads end at the jaw right? so as long as the DX head would fit on the neck peg of the TAk...

https://www.onesixthwarriors.com/fo...6313-will-any-ht-batman-heads-fit-takara.html

meant to link that in last post. maybe on the stuffed Tak that head wouldn't look so big. so Mag how'd you bulk up the Tak

and i'm still not sure why a DX head would be sacrilegious on the TAK. i've never been that interested in the DK so maybe i'm off. but both heads end at the jaw right? so as long as the DX head would fit on the neck peg of the TAk...

Why use the DX head? The TDK suit cowl and the begins suit cowl are completely different in shape.. It would look really odd imo

My bodys bulk so its not as skinny as before but this will give ya a idea of how the dx head looks on the body. Its just set on the neck post if I tap it it will fall off

Back