Indy sculpt work in progress...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spenser

Super Freak
Reaction score
I decided to try my hand at an Indy sculpt. I have a lot of work to do on the hat, getting the shape right and all. I’m going for the Raider style hat.

Please feel free to offer feedback, if anyone has some suggestions…

indywip.jpg

Stellar work on the head! But, as mentioned, the brim is way too wide, and, depending on the height of the ribbon, the "pinch" in the front may need to be tighter and extend all the way to the top of the ribbon. Not sure from the angles in the pics you posted, but it may need to be just a bit taller, too. Can't wait to see more pictures, it really looks like you've nailed Ford!

As stated by others, the brim is definitely too wide, but that is a fantastic looking sculpt. I hope Arnie Kim is watching...

Looks great! Is that all new sculpt, or are you using an existing head of some kind and sculpting over it??

Thanks

Regrading the hat... the biggest mistake that seems to always happen with Indy fedoras is the front pinch.. look how tight the front pinch is on the front of the fedora in this screen still :

https://www.theraider.net/showimage.../films/raiders/gallery/dvdscreenshots/039.jpg

The pinch goes all the way down to the ribbon...When you get that look down you will really start getting feel for a Raiders specific fedora... looking good though !

Thanks for the compliments, and the input.

I started the hat by taking the measurements of the real hat and converting them to 1:6 it turned out to be a little too big on the head so now I’m adjusting it. Here are some new pictures I trimmed the brim and added some to the crown. I'll work on that pinch!

indywip02.jpg

awesome... I really think the pinch is one of the most distinguishing features of the Raiders fedora.. nail that and you will get the Raiders feel that has been lacking in every 1/6 offering so far

:clap

Love it so far! That quarter profile pic in the first bunch of photos looks just like the screen image!

The large adam's apple is very Ford too! That gets overlooked alot as well.

Back