Batman DX Cape Quick Fix

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fins

Super Freak
CF Supporter
Reaction score
Okay, this post has nothing to do with leaking abs/biceps. It's about the cape that comes as an accessory. I don't know about you guys, but getting the cape to fit flat on the shoulders is nearly impossible with the tabs that are sewn into the cape. So my quick fix was to make an incision where the tabs are sewn on the cape which allows you to remove the plastic tabs themselves. Then you take the cape and insert it into the shoulder slots using a pair of tweezers to tuck them in. The result is that the cape sits flat on the shoulders and tight around the neck, just like in the Hot Toys image of the figure where Batman has his cape on and his fists are clenched and his eyes are rolled up to the top of his head and it looks like he's about to kick ass. Hope this helps.

makeitstop.jpg

Yeah dude, first of all...wrong section. This should go in the DC threads, not General. Then, almost everyone who owns DX Batman, knows about that fix. Actually, since the first Version came out, people here know about it. :lecture:wink1:

Lighten up a bit guys.

Did we not notice this his/her first post! This board has so many sections, that it can be a lil overwhelming until you learn how to navigate & where the appropiate discusions go.

I know fins intentions were only good!

Welcome to the board fins!:)

agreed ^. and i didn't know about it...but i don't have Bats yet lol. i had heard about the wonky cape tho so it's good to know about a fix when i get one

Okay, this post has nothing to do with leaking abs/biceps. It's about the cape that comes as an accessory. I don't know about you guys, but getting the cape to fit flat on the shoulders is nearly impossible with the tabs that are sewn into the cape. So my quick fix was to make an incision where the tabs are sewn on the cape which allows you to remove the plastic tabs themselves. Then you take the cape and insert it into the shoulder slots using a pair of tweezers to tuck them in. The result is that the cape sits flat on the shoulders and tight around the neck, just like in the Hot Toys image of the figure where Batman has his cape on and his fists are clenched and his eyes are rolled up to the top of his head and it looks like he's about to kick ass. Hope this helps.

This mod isn't necessary. With a little patience, the clips go in just fine.:

picture.php

Plus, the custom capes really are a lot better.

picture.php

:peace

Welcome fins. :) :duff

Back