Financial trouble due to collecting?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dark Passenger

Super Freak
Reaction score
I am wondering if anyone else is as stupid and careless (sorry) with there money as I am? I can't friggin control myself. I have to have everything, no matter what the cost. Credit cards are dangerous. I will add them to Paypal and will send anyone here money to get something I want. I can max out a credit card in 15 minutes. When I got approved for credit cards, before they even got to my house, I knew what I was buying. :cuckoo: Bankruptcy? Been there.

Now I'm unemployed and still buying stuff while not saving money for bills. Yes, I am an "adult" (in years anyway) but my spending habits are childish. I have a mortgage, a daughter, plus a little boy on the way! Yeah. Me. I've had so many opportunities to save money. I make good money when the construction industry is booming, about $1000.00 more than my monthly bills. But I spend it and don't save because I'm stupid and uncontrollable. :gah:

What can I do to be stopped? I've been saying I need to cancel my Paypal account for about 2 months now. I just don't have the will power. Cancel my internet all together? I don't have the will to do that either! I blame no one I bought stuff from. Please if anyone is reading this I ordered from, don't take it wrong.

Is anyone this bad? I'd like everyone to be honest here. Anyone effect there financial safety to collect what they want?

Dude..... If you have two kids then your priorities are out of whack (no offense). Trust me, I understand how tempting it is to have all these amazing pieces from Sideshow. And I'm not going to be a hypocrite and say that I've never been irresponsible and impulsive, because I definitely have.... But when I found myself working like an animal just to pay off a bunch of credit cards, I decided it wasn't worth it...... But when you have kids, it's a no brainer... If you were single with no obligations with marriage or offspring, then it'd be a different story. But the fact that you've declared bankruptcy and STILL have an uncontrollable spending habit is pretty frightening. You've already been slapped in the ass with a major credit punishment, and you still haven't learned?? I just hope this doesn't affect your kids somehow. Focus on them man...... And make a plan to put aside little by little... Baby steps. Once you get the ball rolling on saving some $$ then it'll become easier with time :peace

By your own admission, you feel unable to spend in moderation so a more drastic move might be necessary to curb your addiction. Rule 101 in any addiction scenario is a change of scenery. By doing so, at the very least, you stand a greater chance of removing yourself from environments filled with triggers which make it harder to say "no".

Step 1: Cancel PayPal
Step 2: Cancel all preorders
Step 3: See a counsellor and explore coping strategies for addiction
Step 4: Reevaluate priorities of life with family.
Step 5: Let the wife handle all finances for a while.
Step 6: Stay away from Freaks board for 2 months.

If you can do this, you will have a greater chance of regaining control over your life. You're spending more than you have and you're running the risk of losing everything and everyone. If you feel that these collectibles aren't worth losing all of that, then show it by making the tough decisions which sends the right message to those around who clearly have been having a hard time reaching you.

Stay off this forum. Period. Start now. Leave. We don't want you here. You make us look bad.

Tough love, bro.

^ hahaha. If you lived alone...this wouldnt be an issue. So just sell your kids. Get more money. BUY MORE STUFF.

theylive.jpg

You're all 100% right (even you Plasmid, ouch!) I just owe one person here money, Betomatali, and then it's Paypal account closed. I am going to close my eBay account also. I can't get credit cards due to my 2009 bankruptcy, so that's GOOD.
@RisingStar- Step 5 is a no go either. We're both HORRIBLE. She may be worse than I am. We even have separate accounts.

I can't stay away from the board. I love it here. I love looking at everyone's work. I'm sure there's at least ONE person out there like me?

^ hahaha. If you lived alone...this wouldnt be an issue. So just sell your kids. Get more money. BUY MORE STUFF.

Maybe I can put the kids on eBay before I close my account? How much would a healthy 5 year old girl, who's had all her shots, get me?

It's the kids thing. If it was you all alone, we would all go "Awwww..." but you got ____ing kids dude. It's actually sick. And really sad. It's not hard to have some self control. Especially if it can harm your children.

It's the kids thing. If it was you all alone, we would all go "Awwww..." but you got ____ing kids dude. It's actually sick. And really sad. It's not hard to have some self control. Especially if it can harm your children.

I'm not trying to make excuses. It is totally despicable, I know that. The problem is I have no savings. All my bills, including my mortgage, get paid on time, every month.

You're absolutely right though. You all are.

Family #1 (Save money, go on vacation with your Family)

Statues #2 (Sell some to get some)

I been collecting for a year now.. I have a 3-year old son and my wife is pregnant with the second.. I wish I can buy all the statues that Sideshow comes out with, but I put my family first and statues second.. If I really want something I'll save up little by little and buy it from a board member or evil bay..

I sold my ENTIRE collection to help pay for a house. Will I buy some back? Hells to the yes. My point is prioritize your life. Figure out whats important to you. I know two people that should be number 1 and number 2 on your list. Maybe therapy? As for Celtic, he makes some good points. However, I would watch out taking advice from an 18 or 19 year old that still hasn't experienced what its like to truely live out in the world. No offence Celtic but your comments rubbed me the wrong the way. :lol

<object width="480" height="385">:56

<embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/TJdfWdIBfE8&hl=en_US&fs=1?color1=0x006699&color2=0x54abd6" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></object>

/thread.

Lock er up!

And GL to you!!:peace

I sold my ENTIRE collection to help pay for a house. Will I buy some back? Hells to the yes. My point is prioritize your life. Figure out whats important to you. I know two people that should be number 1 and number 2 on your list. Maybe therapy? As for Celtic, he makes some good points. However, I would watch out taking advice from an 18 or 19 year old that still hasn't experienced what its like to truely live out in the world. No offence Celtic but your comments rubbed me the wrong the way. :lol

Your comments rubbed me in all the right ways....:1-1:

I may not have experienced the world...but I do know that a child > statues. :dunno

Back