Helms in the Films

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Most of the Sideshow Weta helms are clearly visible in the movies, but some are not.

Can anyone post screenshots or movie time or explanations of where some are located?

The list I can't think of is:

Orc Muzzle Cage
Orc Legion
Orc Iron Cap (besides at theodred's battle location & theoden's chambre)
Uruk scout (might just be my memory.. )
Orc Squinter
Orc Trapjaw
Orc Crowfaced...

I only searched nad fount this images:

Orc Iron cap:
helmet_orcironcap.jpg

Orc Squinter:

And the urk-scout helm appears in FOTR in Amon Hen many times but at the end of the helm it have a leather part, i think you can find all the helms with the trading card game of decipher some helms that SSW didnt made appear in the photos

I was checking some of my cads an i noticed that you can see most of the helms in the Last Alliance but, you need to be really meticulous so you can notice the helms that you want.

Hi Dwim! I went through the last alliance a few hours ago frame by frame and didn't see any except one that might qualify as an alternate shaped iron cap (as posted above in the pic with the squinter helm). The pic posted above looks a bit different from the iron cap collectible, just like the squinter as well. parts are different. Noo big deal.

HoI mentioned the cleaved orc bust.. I forgot about that bust having the iron cap.. Hells- glad you mentioned that!

Yes specifically my interests are finding out where I can view each helm in the movies. Preferably in active use but if the iron cap on screen is limited to the two rohan scenes, thats okay.

If you could that would be great!
I'm hoping that none of the helms from Sideshow Weta were based on helms that were cut from the movies in deleted scenes.

Similar to the Squinter helm:

LOTR-EN02090.jpg

The orc muzzle cage helm is behind the orc trooper:
LOTR-EN03099.jpg

Those are what i found today, i will looks for more tomorrow so many cards , those are from FOTR movie.

You can also see the Muzzle-cage in one of the Weta Workshop documentaries on one of the EE DVDs (sorry, can't remember which). It's not a movie appearance, but at least a proof that it had been made in full scale -- and, besides, still images from the cards also aren't movie images as such.

It would be great to actually have screen grabs for each helm, but it's a long shot.

Not only is it difficult to find some of the helms in the films, but also some of the character statues! The orc warrior being one statue that I have that I cannot see in the movies!

If anyone has a screen grab of that character I'd be interested to see it!

Scriff

I always supposed that the Orc Warrior was one of the dudes who initially chopped down the trees in the Treegarth of Isengard. You know, in FOTR. Even though we didn't get to see them very well.

Unlike Faramir. :rolleyes:

LOL

It would be great to actually have screen grabs for each helm, but it's a long shot.

That was my initial desire with the pictures, but these pictures of the helms from the cards (that may not actually be in the movies) are definitely valuable.

I suppose these orc helms' lack of prevalence in the movies strongly contributed to their lack of popularity. Even though the hide helm is detailed and has lots of character to it, I doubt it'd have its high level of popularity if it wasn't seen numerous times in the movies.

But this Legion helm too.. I wonder if even there are pictures on the cards.. I don't know!

Orc Crowfaced and if you look well in his right arm there is the Iron Cap:
LOTR-EN07276.jpg

This must be the Iron Cap:
LOTR-EN10094.jpg

thats all for today, this are from ROTK

Only a curious thing that i found, check his armor:

LOTR-EN13115.jpg

Last edited:
That's interesting... I wonder if there are any orcs wearing that type of armour in the movies. they got that stuff from Faramir and his men that got slaughtered then their heads were thrown back over into the city.

Those are fantastic cards. How much it would cost to get one card for every corresponding helm?

I dont know it my vary because i have bought some cards of different prices some cheap, some foiled and not so cheap, etc or you can buy a box

I wonder if it is hard to find images of Orcs in the early helmets produced, as Peter Jackson describes in the Commentary on ROTK how they redesigned the Orcs for the final movie, as they didn't come across as menacing. Maybe a lot of the helms are for Orcs that weren't featured since they reshot a lot of footage!

Peter Jackson describes in the Commentary on ROTK how they redesigned the Orcs for the final movie, as they didn't come across as menacing

That's interesting to hear. I hadn't heard that before now.

Do you mean that they weren't as menacing before the redesign? or they were not as menacing after the redesign? I can't really make out a difference.. they seem pretty much the same to me.

scriff said:
Not only is it difficult to find some of the helms in the films, but also some of the character statues! The orc warrior being one statue that I have that I cannot see in the movies!

If anyone has a screen grab of that character I'd be interested to see it!

Scriff

I think he is supposed to be part of the battle during the Last Alliance. :peace

PJ said that the orcs were not as monstrous or menacing as they would have liked, especially when compared to the Uruk-Hai at Helm's Deep. Another interseting note, if you watch some of the DVD extras regarding the stunt performers, you can see them portraying the orcs with an almost monkey-like walk and stance, and Peter Jackson said that eventually the orcs walked so strangely that it looked like a kid waddling with a full diaper! So they reshot a lot of orcs in new armor for Return of the King

Back