Custom Hasbro Dengar

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

arnax161

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hemble's incredible work inspired me to try my own Dengar. I also used a Bespin Luke body, which works and poses wondefully. I also added a couple of items to make him a little more mean looking. Hope you like!

Last edited:
Great looking Dengar Arnax, what mods have you done. He is next on my to do list. Hemble did a custom not long ago and it was amazing just like yours.

Dorgmal

Glad I could inspire you to make your own, and I have to say that yours looks awesome the additional eqiupment and teh gloves really make this figure stand out 10/10.

Ron

Glad I could inspire you to make your own, and I have to say that yours looks awesome the additional eqiupment and teh gloves really make this figure stand out 10/10.

Ron

Totally agree Ron. I can not wait to get started on mine.

and like Shai Hulud said WE NEED MORE PICS.

I don't know about any one else but I love to see pics, the more the better, close ups, dios, anything.

Dorgmal

Great looking Dengar Arnax, what mods have you done. He is next on my to do list. Hemble did a custom not long ago and it was amazing just like yours.

Dorgmal

Thank you for your compliments everyone.
1. I used the basic Hasbro armor which I painted brown.
2. I replaced the forearm armor with painted OTC 12" stormtrooper versions, which are tighter and more realistic.
3. I used a belt from a German Infantry set, when I compared images, it is pretty close.
4. I added some pouches, and a WW2 ammo belt for aesthetics. I am still working out the hip mounted blaster.
5. I repainted the head.
6. Added gloved, bendy hands. (I think this makes the figure.)
7. In some photos, I included a bottom drape to his face bandages.
8. Oh yeah I forgot this major step...I scraped the foam off the interior of his suit. It makes evertyhing hang better. Especially the arms.

That's about it, I wish I had the correct rifle, it's not an MG42 I know that, but something similar, and of German origin. There are still some things I want to do with this figure. It was fun and quick, and he almost makes my Medicom Fett look taller.

Last edited:
I recently bought most of the hasbro bounty hunters and am planning to do something like this.
Great work and thanks for the recipe. I was debating whether to toss the head and make a new one or re-paint and use the Hasbro one.. I think (after seeing this one) I'll just re-paint.

Cheers for the breakdown Arnax.

I gonna go for a repaint to d-jedi.

Looking forward to seeing everyones shots.

Anyone done this kinda custom with some WIP pics? It sounds pretty easy, but i've never tried anything custom with a 1/6 yet. Don't wanna balls it up horrendously on the first try.

Well I will start mine soon so I will post shots along the way. I just need a Dengar Hasbro head.

Dorgmal

Anyone done this kinda custom with some WIP pics? It sounds pretty easy, but i've never tried anything custom with a 1/6 yet. Don't wanna balls it up horrendously on the first try.

if not, I'm getting ready to start on mine so I can take progress pics.

Back