ROTS Obi wan custom headsculpt

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paulcarson

Disenchanted
Reaction score
I've been tinkering with the idea of this ever since the Clonobi was announced, I thought that there was great potential in the sculpt to turn Trevor's awesome sculpt into my favourite Obi Wan from the prequels - episode 3.

As you can see I added a neck to the Clonobi sculpt and revamped his hair. Because I didn't use any clay that hardened on the head I also have the option of changing the hairstyle to a shorter episode 1 version . I also like the idea of having a slicked back "wet " look on the AOTC Kenobi so I may attempt this one next.

Anyway enough of my chit chat onto the pictures...

obiwantrio1.jpg

obiwantrio2.jpg

obiwantrio4.jpg

obiwantrio3.jpg

obiwanrots2.jpg

Thanks teabelly83 ! My photos are pretty awful, its a shame really as there is a lot more detail in the hair and beard than the pictures show.

Thanks for the kind words rw23 and drjedisith !

I wonder if you guys can help me out here. I'm thinking of revamping the hair to add a couple of loose strands, do you think it is a good idea or should I leave it as is ?

That really great stuff you got there! I have to echo what everyone else has said, that's the best Obi-Wan I've seen! :rock

That beard looks awesome! That is cool! It's tempting to add loose strands but I've been staring at screencaps of Ep. 3 a lot recently and I wouldn't. I think the hair looks great as is.

Last edited:
Those are great looking, thay are going to look awesome painted. Are you going to make them available?

A small update.

I've been looking at the cast head and there was somethingthat was slightly off, that I couldn't put my finger on . It dawned on me that the back of the head was a bit too square looking . I also didn't like the shape of the floppy fringe . So armed with some reference pictures and some good advice from some very good friends here on the board ( you know who you are ! ;) ) I've set about revamping Obi's hairstyle. Ignore the beard, it was damaged when I took it out of the mould :( I will redo it before moulding it again.

Rather than having strands hang down as I first imagined I've taken the hair so that it hangs a bit more naturally down the side. I want this to look close to the sculpts that both Andy and Trevor did to keep some kind of continuity. Its also a kind of homage to their excellent work ! So here we are... ( please excuse my crappy pics ... where's Maulfan when you need him ? :lol )

obirotsrevamp1.jpg

obirotsrevamp3.jpg

obirotsrevamp2.jpg

I'm interested in any comments or improvement suggestions as I will be making a small amount of these available when its done. So its your chance to have some input into how you'd like your figure to look !

I've had a few pms with messages of support and compliments on this ,so I'd like to thank you all for your interest and kind words ! They mean a lot ! :)

I forgot to add, the neck size has been shaped to fit on Hot Toys , Sideshow and Dragon neck attachments. I don't know which body I'm going with for this so I'm open to suggestions.

I was just looking at my Obi line up this morning thinking the exact same thing. How awesome it would be to have a Trev sculpted EPIII Obi and then I logged in here and look at what I found! Looks awesome as is I would not change the hair. If you get a chance how about a picture of the new head on the sideshow EPIII body.

Last edited:
Thanks ! I'll see what I can do about a photo on the body. Regarding the hair, I'm going to mould it with the new sculpted hair as I think it looks more like Ewan's was in the movie. Its also in keeping with the look of the character and consistency with the look of the other figures.

Very nice Paul! I love it, definitely looks like Ewan! You did great work here man, the beard looks great. I'll definitely want one, looks like it would be a joy to paint. :rock

Thanks Josh ! :) Coming from a fantastic customiser like yourself I'm extremely flattered ! Like I said Trevor deserves the credit for this . I'd love to see what you can do with this one.

Back