Michael C. Hall as Dexter Morgan by Chris Howes Interest Thread.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mosaicsquare

Super Freak
Reaction score
Michael C. Hall as Dexter Morgan by Chris Howes

dexter1.jpg

EXPRESS YOUR INTEREST!

Darkly Dreaming 1/6 Dexter:
GatackFC x1
die x1
greyrabbit x2
knucklefunger x2
JustinLuck x1
16k x1
rockdolly x1
Something Sexy x1
krec9 x1
darkchylde80 x1
Big Ape x1

C.Howes_Sculptor said:
You guys are killing me! :lol

Generally, I prefer to only start a thread after agreeing to a project, and there's a waiting list right now, but you're in luck.

Last year when I started doing these customs one of the first heads people suggested was Dexter. So, I started a Dexter head. I got caught up in a lot of other projects and put him aside half done meaning to get back to him at some point.

So, we can proceed, but it's going to be several weeks until I can get back to him at the earliest, so please make sure folks understand this so no one gets over anxious. I'll chime in shortly in the thread.

Take Care,
Chris

UPDATE!
Preorder Dexter Here!

Last edited:
So, is that a "Yes, count us in too!" from BlindArtist? :D

C'mon people we have a the head department of diagnostic medicine coming soon from Chris Howes! Now all we need is a Blood Work Special List/ Vigilante Killer!!!

Come on people, let's get this going.
Look, I'll get 2 if that helps

Last edited:
I know more people will be interested, they probably just can't find this thread.

Dexter is 10,000 times better than House MD !

I'm hoping we're going for a more serious looking Dexter rather than the smiling promo pic posted above though.

I know more people will be interested, they probably just can't find this thread.

Dexter is 10,000 times better than House MD !

I'm hoping we're going for a more serious looking Dexter rather than the smiling promo pic posted above though.
I wouldn't say Dexter is better than House or vice versa.... but it would kick ass to have both of these guys.

I agree with your disapproval over the first pic if Chris was to actually work on this I would prefer a straight look on his face like this:
dex2by3.jpg

This costume can easily be kitbashed too. I already have mental list of the clothes I would need.

Contemporary heroes John McClane Shirt
BR Joker Gloves
Soldier Story Oakley boots.

done lol

the pants ranges from khaki, blue and green cargos though.

Anyone have any idea what we can do for his blood slide collection, "tools" and syringe.

Gatack, I agree. Forget the smile. Looks better with a somber look. Nothing funny about killing (ok, maybe for the Joker). This show rocks. Just got into it recently. Now I'm hooked. 24, Dexter & Supernatural. Now up to 3 hrs of tv a week

Let's get this head make people

I wouldn't say Dexter is better than House or vice versa.... but it would kick ass to have both of these guys.

I just never really understood why so many people like House, I tried to like it, but at the end of the day it was just Stuart Little's dad being a total d:ck to everybody then somehow saving the day in a way that leaves him still retaining his jerkness but people can't help but respect him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H_dwtpuJ_yk

Of course, there may be something greater there that I'm missing:confused:

Dexter is a serial killer that kills serial killers. Now that just grabs your attention immediately! :joy

Serial Killer who Kills Serial Killers!

A Pompous ^^^^^^^ who saves the everyone!

Gotta love em both!

Instead of House M.D., I'd rather see a Dennis Leary as Tommy Gavin from Rescue Me :chew

An alcoholic sex-crazed foul-mouthed Fireman who sees dead people!

I've made 2 different versions of Dexter over the years...

dexter1.jpg

dmorgan1.jpg

Ada's sculpt was pretty decent, but the profile is definitely off. We definitely need Chris Howes to do this character justice!

We need some more people to hop on board for this one!

ada sucks she is probably the only sculptor who sculpts with one reference photo.

agreed hop on board people!

I just never really understood why so many people like House, I tried to like it, but at the end of the day it was just Stuart Little's dad being a total d:ck to everybody then somehow saving the day in a way that leaves him still retaining his jerkness but people can't help but respect him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H_dwtpuJ_yk

Of course, there may be something greater there that I'm missing:confused:

Dexter is a serial killer that kills serial killers. Now that just grabs your attention immediately! :joy

That's exactly my thought! Tried to watch and like House but quickly got bored!
As for a Dex, before saying yes or no, I want to try either modify Ada's HS (mostly, lower the forehead and resculpt the nose) or sculpt my own. He does seem like a not too difficult sculpt. But if I fail on both accounts, I'll be in! :D

16K - if you can pull off a good rework of Ada's that would be great. Look forward to seeing the results if you decide to take that on.

Still would like to see enough ppl get this one going through Chris. Kinda surprised it hasn't gained more interest!

As for the likeness ..I'd like to see something a bit more open in expression that the pic where he is kneeling/squatting. I like this one:

dexter_wall_02_1024x768.jpg

In that pic, I get the sense of Dexter as both the good guy and also as the serial killer. What do you guys think?

That's exactly my thought! Tried to watch and like House but quickly got bored!
As for a Dex, before saying yes or no, I want to try either modify Ada's HS (mostly, lower the forehead and resculpt the nose) or sculpt my own. He does seem like a not too difficult sculpt. But if I fail on both accounts, I'll be in! :D

Good points about the Ada sculpt, I agree 100% about the areas you mentioned. The nose really kills the sculpt for me. Keep in mind, I have the first version she did (she did do a revised version where she fixed the bad stubble work and arched the eyebrows more). On my sculpt, it has a bit of a "rushed" feel to it...some areas seem like they were scraped flat with an x-acto knife and never really smoothed out (especially around the ears). Oh, and add the mole! I do think it's a good enough sculpt to try some resculpting ! Maybe we can get onboard with a good sculpt of Harry, Deb, ITK, Doakes, Rita, Miguel etc. if the Dexter sculpt can be saved?

In that pic, I get the sense of Dexter as both the good guy and also as the serial killer. What do you guys think?

I like it! That would be cool with me.:chew

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back