1/6th Landspeeder

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dorgmal Snow

Super Freak
Reaction score
Well this is my first post so I hope I get it right.
I have just joined and I am working on a number of projects.
I am after a little help. I have started on a 1/6th Landspeeder, similar to Lukes in EP 4. Having trouble with a few bits and would love some sugestions.
I will try to post some pics.....

Would love to know what you guys think, and I have more images to come.

Thanks very much, still got masses to do. I have got quite a bit more done but need to sort out some pics. I am really stuck on the metal bits that run around the front. Also I can not seem to find a !/6th scale steering wheel.

Looks great. Remember, everything doesn't need to be perfect. Luke's landspeeder was beat to all hell in the film.

LOL trust me it will not be perfect!
I have some images for you guys.
The Pods have been proving rather troublesome, but they are all on now.

And please guys any tips, advice, hints or comments are really appreciated. I do not know any other collectors or customizers, just a very understanding wife! Well sometimes, LOL

Cheers Doc, sadly there are not many really good model shops in my area, and I cannot seam to find much on the net. But I think you are right styrene could be my answer, I have never used it before as I am new to all this.
Big thank you for the suggestion.

Hi Anzik, Thanks very much. I have had a look and now I know what I am looking for and I have managed to get hold of some plain sheets in the UK.
I have never used it before and I am looking forward to have ing a play. I will be interested to know if it can be warmed up and bent around a curve.

Found some more pics to.

I will try to do a wee photo shoot soon to show you how far I have got now.

Hi Anzik, Thanks very much. I have had a look and now I know what I am looking for and I have managed to get hold of some plain sheets in the UK.
I have never used it before and I am looking forward to have ing a play. I will be interested to know if it can be warmed up and bent around a curve.

Found some more pics to.

I will try to do a wee photo shoot soon to show you how far I have got now.

you'll find its pretty flexible, so I don't think you'll have to really heat it much, if at all. Depending on how thick of a piece you use.

Cheers, can not wait till arrives.
All this forum stuff is pretty new to me. So I am trying to find my way around, I have so much stuff I want to show all you guys from my custom 12" Sora Bolq, Boba fett to a 4' square war time pub. One thing at a time though I guess.
I take it I am best uploading my images to albums?

All made from the dreaded MDF!!! horrid stuff but did not know what else to make it from. Darned thing ways a ton. The side pods took the longest, had to make em out of mdf too! then sanded, cut in half and made a waste mold, then polymer clay, I better stop now before I bore everyone to death. LOL

The best thing is to have good pictures while you are working on a project. I used to paint my memory and now I set up in front of google and paint there.

Here's a good pic:

landspeeder.jpg

Wow the real thing is such a beauty. Sideshow should consider making a 1/6 speeder.

Last edited:
That is incredibly awesome dude! :rock Don't ever think you'll bore us with the details 'cause that the best part, knowing how it's done and what with...and pictures too. Plenty of pics.:D

Yeah side show should make one, but my guess is that it would be sooo exspensive. I live in the UK and we have to pay a fortune for figures.
I have learnt loads making this speeder. Gonna make another one I think also thought a part build X-wing. I have drawn up the scale plans and it is massive!!!!!

Last edited:
Back