Aaayyy! The Fonz by Chris Howes Interest Thread!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

galactiboy

OT Preferist
Reaction score
Okay, finally the commision thread you've been waiting for!! Now you, me and a select few can finally have the coolest mofo of all time in 1/6... of course I'm talking about the Fonze :rock
The grin (if possible) is a necessity and I think it might be possible to mod some thumbs up hands. But to make it happen we need to get people on board for a commission so Chris can get to sculpting!

sbn-fonzie.jpg
fonzie.jpg

This could be a fairly straight-forward figure to make. All you need to make him aside from the head are boots, jeans, a white t-shirt and his jacket. I bought a spare Connor McCleod leather coat and aside from the color (which it can be darkened) its a very close match. So as always, we need enough people to get started and once we hit 10 we're ready to go :rock

But one thing to be clear about:
This will be part of the 2nd wave of commissions, so it won't be started until at least January!

Prices:
$35.00 plus shipping per head for 10 people. If we get 15 to commit, the price drops to $20.00 for his standard precasting discount.

It returns to $35.00 after casting begins. To get the presale discount, payment must be sent before actual casting begins. Chris will announce when the presale period is closed.

Shipping Cost of $5.00 within the USA. $7.00 international.

Painting:
Like on Howes' other projects, Kuato will offer a discounted price of only $30.00 plus shipping per head for the FIRST 10 paint orders. After the first 10 orders, his regular price of $45.00 plus shipping per head comes back into effect. I'll keep a list of in what order people ordered a paint job so if people drop out the list will move up and whoever was next in line in the full price zone will be bumped up to the Special Discount Zone.

If you buy a painted version, you don't have to pay twice for shipping. Chris will send them in a large batch to Kuato for painting, and you need only pay Kuato for his paint work and final shipping to you.

Payment:
Paypal is the preferred payment method, but both Chris Howes and Kuato are willing to accept payment via Money Order if you do not use Paypal.
Further payment details will be put up when Chris and Kuato say so.

How to get on board:
Please send me a PM or post a reply (PM is preferred) that indicates how many, if painted and then I’ll add you to the list below.

Chris Howes' website:
https://www.chowes.com/

Chris Howes' custom sculpts on SSF:
https://sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34120&highlight=robert+downey

https://sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=37796

Kuato's references:
https://sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30170

List:

Interested in Fonzie:
1. galactiboy
2. Creecher
3. Cocoboloboy
4. Toyadventurer
5. JediMike71

Painted by Kuato:
1. galactiboy
2. Creecher
3. Toyadventurer

Aaaay... I need a head!!!
fonza.jpg

Last edited:
Re: Aaayyy! The Fonze by Chris Howes Interest Thread!!!

Heyyyy. Two thumbs up. Put me down in both lists. Happy days.

Right on Creech :rock :rock

C'mon fellas... don't let this one jump the shark!
fonzie_jumps_the_shark.jpg

I always thought there was something sinister about the Fonz. I think he was a hitman in his spare time.

"I'm gonna ^^^^ you up son! aaayyyy!
sbn-fonzie.jpg

"I just ^^^^ed and killed your mom, *********! aayyyy!
fonzie.jpg

Whose got two thumbs and will ^^^^ your sister? The Fonz :rock

I was beginning to think the Chris Howes "Interest" threads were becoming a little much and this proves it. Can we get this guy his own section already? :slap

Hey man... don't blame the Fonz. Mego made him, now you can too :rock

It finally comes full circle. Happy Days was one of Sideshow's first announced 12" lines. It never came to be, but now the customs have their paws in it. Maybe SS will finally release those early prototype pics, if there are any, so we can see what we missed.

Hey man... don't blame the Fonz. Mego made him, now you can too :rock

When you get your Fonzie hs let me know cause I'll dig up my Mego Fonzie and sell you the two hands (with thumb up action!!).:rock

It finally comes full circle. Happy Days was one of Sideshow's first announced 12" lines. It never came to be, but now the customs have their paws in it. Maybe SS will finally release those early prototype pics, if there are any, so we can see what we missed.

But the question is are you down for one? No collection is complete w/o the Fonz :lecture

And thanks Darth Neil, I acually have the Mego version... but his 8" scaled hands wouldn't work too hot :lol

I think Chris needs his own forum.

Its possible... but I know for sure that the Fonz needs his own figure :lecture

The Fonz was such a man whore!

Yes he was baby... and as Peter found out from when the Fonz was his spiritual guide:

Peter: Uh, Fonzie? There’s something I always wanted to ask you. You were with a lot of girls. Did you ever get a sexual disease?

Fonzie: Herpes twice. And the clap. Heyyyyyy!

Glad to have you on board Coco :rock :rock :rock

Those aren't bad, especially for the money. But, I highly reccomend getting the original Mego Fonzie... he really looks a lot better and would only cost you around $20.

But, you should also get on board with this as well :naughty

Just need 7 more to get this commission going :rock

fonz_bike_triumph.jpg

Figured I'd give this a little bump, see if we can get some newsletter crowd interest...

Back