Chris Howes: Maximus project!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lord Vicious

Super Freak
Reaction score
I've always wanted a cool 1/6 Maximus. We saw a 1/4 version some time ago, but never a 1/6 one. That's why Chris and me decided to get started on one.

We chose the most well-known version: the final fight-version.

maximusposter2.jpg

The pre-casting discount price for a complete set of armor (chest armor front & back, shoulder pieces, gauntlets and greaves) is 100$. (Once cast, the normal price will be 120$)
Maybe a little bit steep, but if Chris makes this, you know it'll be a thing of beauty. And let's face it, you've always wanted a kick-ass Maximus!

But that's not all: here's a special offer from Chris:
"I have a request and an offer (that I hope you can't refuse!). I don't normally request all payment upfront in advance, but this is an unusual project that is requiring a lot of time and investment on my part. So, I'm asking those who have signed up for the precast discount and have yet to pay to please make payment as soon as possible. My PayPal address is [email protected].

What's in it for you, you ask? A heck of a one time deal to top off your Maximus Figure in a unique way.

I am sculpting a "Battle Cry" Maximus head that will eventually sell for $35.00 each. There will not be the normal precast discount on this head. However, as a prepaid precast armor customer you are entitled to purchase the "Battle Cry" Maximus head for only $10.00 each plus shipping. If you can wait for both armor and head there will only be one shipping charge.

There will be no other Maximus like this out there. His battle cry expression will bring a new level of life to your figure. Imagine him sweating and dusty from the stadium, perhaps a little blood splatter from his vanquished foe, giving a guttural yell of triumph. Now that's a Gladiator! "

gladiator-final.jpg

The armor is the most difficult part of a Maximus figure, since all the rest can easily be bashed from other figures.

So, get yourself on the list... and you will have your Maximus,.... in this life or the next (probably in this life though)

I'll get it started:

* Lord Vicious
* metaphorge (pending)
* vold (OSW forum)
* LordAzrael
* My Lord
* toyadventurer
* Usmcrtop (OSW forum)
* doomhammer
* carbo-fation
* W@sh (OSW forum)
* Brand X
* Rugby 1970
* swtimes11 (OSW forum)
* Gruff Old Bear
* lilnoosh1
* eighthsamurai
* jinroh75
* JeffTVR
* Spawnfan
* etgts (OSW forum)
* Jediguy

I'll also be offering the shoulder armor Maximus uses in all his armor versions from the leather armor up until his final fight armor, so you can use for any Maximus version you want. It's this one:

maxhead26.jpg

It's a private commission that I asked of Chris and Ill offer it for 20$ + shipping ($5.00 USA, $7.00 international).
My Paypal address is [email protected]. Make sure you include your address, forum name and how many pieces you want.
Once Chris is done sculpting it, he'll make a cast and ship it directly to you.

The sign-up list for the shoulder armor:

* Brand X (paid for 1 shoulder amor)
* lilnoosh1 (paid for 1 shoulder armor)
* ultramanimator (paid for 1 shoulder armor)
* eighthsamurai (paid for 1 shoulder armor)

Last edited:
Pending prototype I'm very interested. What's the timeframe on this? My budget is still absorbing The Dark Knight stuff for a bit to come, so it wuld be nice to know when I can slot this in....

Hmmm, this seems like a natural match for the arm and leg sleeves Sovereign is working on, since full HT muscle bodies are ungodly expensive.

Pending prototype I'm very interested. What's the timeframe on this? My budget is still absorbing The Dark Knight stuff for a bit to come, so it wuld be nice to know when I can slot this in....

Hmmm, this seems like a natural match for the arm and leg sleeves Sovereign is working on, since full HT muscle bodies are ungodly expensive.

Thanks for your interest, mate! Chris will chime in about the timeframe.

And you're right, the Sovereign-arm/leg sleeves would be perfect. We could use a HT body with the HT Russel Crowe sculpt. Ignite has some Roman figures which could be used for a sword and a tunic etc...
Exciting!! :banana

I've always wanted a cool 1/6 Maximus. We saw a 1/4 version some time ago, but never a 1/6 one. That's why Chris and me decided to get started on one.

We chose the most well-known version: the final fight-version.

maximusposter2.jpg

We'd need 15 people to get this project started. Price for a complete set of armor (chest armor front & back, shoulder pieces, gauntlets and greaves) is 120$, but for the first 15 people, the pre-order price will be 100$.
Maybe a little bit steep, but if Chris makes this, you know it'll be a thing of beauty. And let's face it, you've always wanted a kick-ass Maximus!

gladiator-final.jpg

The armor is the most difficult part of a Maximus figure, since all the rest can easily be bashed from other figures (there's already a perfect Hot Toys-headsculpt out there for example).

So, get yourself on the list... and you will have your Maximus,.... in this life or the next (probably in this life though)

I'll get it started:

* Lord Vicious
* metaphorge (pending)
* vold (OSW forum)

I am also very interested in this. But I will have to see the final headsculpt before agreeing to purchase it although I am pretty sure he'll turn out perfect since C. Howes is making it.

I would be very interested pending a prototype.

I agree that the Hot Toys NSW Gunner headsculpt is a dead on Crowe as "Maximus". I've been very tempted to try to bash something together using that perfect hs, but the armor was the biggest hurdle.

Can someone please post more info on Sovereign-arm/leg sleeves?

Hello everyone!

Hey, this is going to be a very cool project. Thanks to all who are coming on board to make this happen. It's going to be very interesting from artistic, historical, and technical standpoints. I've done elements like this, but never a full set of armor that will fit (hopefully) a range of bodies. I'm going to use a Hot Toys TT as the base, but there will be a bit of wiggle room so it may work for others as well.

This is going to take some experimentation since it is new territory, so a timeframe is a bit difficult to judge. Also, I've got a lot on my plate right now so I have to factor that in. I'd like to have the prototype sculpt done in about a month from when I start. That's my goal, at least. We'll have to play it by ear, but I'll try to give regular updates. And, as usual, I'll ask for some feed back before committing the sculpt to molding and casting.

Although there apparently is a really good HT Crowe head sculpt available, I would like to sculpt him at some point. So after the armor is done you may have an opportunity to complete the ensemble with a Crowe from me, if you like.

For anyone who isn't familiar with me yet there's an easy way to get to know about me and the quality of my work. Figures.com just published a nice interview with me. Just go there and click on the Joker at the top!

Hello everyone!

Hey, this is going to be a very cool project. Thanks to all who are coming on board to make this happen. It's going to be very interesting from artistic, historical, and technical standpoints. I've done elements like this, but never a full set of armor that will fit (hopefully) a range of bodies. I'm going to use a Hot Toys TT as the base, but there will be a bit of wiggle room so it may work for others as well.

This is going to take some experimentation since it is new territory, so a timeframe is a bit difficult to judge. Also, I've got a lot on my plate right now so I have to factor that in. I'd like to have the prototype sculpt done in about a month from when I start. That's my goal, at least. We'll have to play it by ear, but I'll try to give regular updates. And, as usual, I'll ask for some feed back before committing the sculpt to molding and casting.

Although there apparently is a really good HT Crowe head sculpt available, I would like to sculpt him at some point. So after the armor is done you may have an opportunity to complete the ensemble with a Crowe from me, if you like.

Sounds great Chris. I'll be in for any Maximus parts you make in the future. True type is also an awesome choice for base body

I would be very interested pending a prototype.

Can someone please post more info on Sovereign-arm/leg sleeves?

Added to the list. And about the sleeves; check out this thread:
https://sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=43038

I'm good to go.

You're in, buddy!

Hello everyone!

Thanks for chiming in, Chris! Take your time to make this happen, mate. We all know it will be worth it!

Good to hear you're up for a headsculpt too somewhere in the future. Can't wait!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back