Awesome Colossus 1/4 statue on the Bay!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, it is a very impressive statue. I have one of these as well.

p1010280bh5.jpg

p1010286tr9.jpg

p1010289cd8.jpg

p1010291kg6.jpg

im planning on getting in on the next run and also a surfer. :rock

Am I the only one that thinks the neck, traps and shoulders look odd in an out of proportion kind of way or am I just :duh

This isn't realism bro. It's comics. It's based on a character covered with metal that can lift a car over his head. You're a very bright guy, that's why this comment puzzles me. If this was based on a real person in a live action film, then I would see where you're going with this. Still a beautiful statue you picky ass person. Look at the size of Dracula's mits on the Blade vs. Dracula dio, just part of the artist's interpretation. :duh

This isn't realism bro. It's comics. It's based on a character covered with metal that can lift a car over his head. You're a very bright guy, that's why this comment puzzles me. If this was based on a real person in a live action film, then I would see where you're going with this. Still a beautiful statue you picky ass person. Look at the size of Dracula's mits on the Blade vs. Dracula dio, just part of the artist's interpretation. :duh

No, not being picky ass.:lol I completely understand the artistic interpretation and I'm not expecting it to look 'real', far from it.

I don't THINK the sculptor was going for an exaggerated look that we see with other statues. Placed next to the Wolverine, the proportions just look off a bit. The neck and trap look too long, shoulders a bit too separated and his quads and back musculature seem different. Like you Eli, I use to hit the gym a lot in my younger days and read every muscle mag there was so I know a little about definition, proportion and balance. I have no problems with exaggerated proportions, big boobs, small waists, huge biceps, big hands...I'm all for that as long as it is intentional. Perfect example are the Street Fighter PF's, way exaggerated and I wouldn't want them any other way.

As I mentioned previously, this Colossus just looks odd to me or maybe I'm just :duh. Just my 2 pennies.

No, not being picky ass.:lol I completely understand the artistic interpretation and I'm not expecting it to look 'real', far from it.

I don't THINK the sculptor was going for an exaggerated look that we see with other statues. Placed next to the Wolverine, the proportions just look off a bit. The neck and trap look too long, shoulders a bit too separated and his quads and back musculature seem different. Like you Eli, I use to hit the gym a lot in my younger days and read every muscle mag there was so I know a little about definition, proportion and balance. I have no problems with exaggerated proportions, big boobs, small waists, huge biceps, big hands...I'm all for that as long as it is intentional. Perfect example are the Street Fighter PF's, way exaggerated and I wouldn't want them any other way.

As I mentioned previously, this Colossus just looks odd to me or maybe I'm just :duh. Just my 2 pennies.

I understand and I agree with everything you say and I noticed that as well. btw Why did you stop training bro? You're never too old to keep the training up! :)

btw Bet you're not even old. But it's still a comic book character... As an illustrator I sometimes draw characters with exaggerated proportions.

btw If you can't be an ass to your friends, who can you be an ass to? hehe

P.S. Hockey fantasy question. Karl Alzner or Steve Downie? Also, you made some valid points with the exclusive Red Skull PF, so consider me sold and ready to take it on. :)

I understand and I agree with everything you say and I noticed that as well. btw Why did you stop training bro? You're never too old to keep the training up! :)

btw Bet you're not even old. But it's still a comic book character... As an illustrator I sometimes draw characters with exaggerated proportions.

btw If you can't be an ass to your friends, who can you be an ass to? hehe

P.S. Hockey fantasy question. Karl Alzner or Steve Downie? Also, you made some valid points with the exclusive Red Skull PF, so consider me sold and ready to take it on. :)

Downie's a d!ck, can't stand the guy. I know you should use your head and not your heart but I hate the guy that much.

Back