Tom Bombadil Bust

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Josh

Ringer @ Heart
Reaction score
IMG_8053.jpg

IMG_8104.jpg

Huh . . . um, that's . . . um, interesting? I dunno, I mean I just never really thought of him as looking like a character out of an old European fairy tale. Somehow he just doesn't fit in with the visual design of the other characters, at least in the Jackson interpretation. Maybe that's another reason he didn't make the film. :cool:

Re: Tom adil Bust

Neat, in a "only worth a flip" sort of way. :peace

Nice pics, I just got mine, had to order. Also got my GG Weasley Twins which are much better then I thought. The GG HP line is still the best.

Didn't the Adventures of Tom Bombadil have a pic? I thought he looked just like this bust except maybe a bit plumper. I always found it odd that a character as powerful as Tom would look so jolly and happy. He looks like he would be into the Grateful Dead and was the inspiration for the song "Time In A Bottle" by Jim Croce. Either way I think this is a nice pick up.

you got him already? i thought you had to pick that guy up at the con? still think he should be holding the ring so it at leasts connects him to LOTR.

Isn't this based on a WETA design they did for a card set or something? I do agree that he doesn't really fit into the look of the movie characters.

I think tom fits in well, hes a bubbly happy free spirit unconcerned with the outside world and dresses in bright loud colours PERFECT.

Pretty much. I actually like it more than I expected to. It adds a different element to the LOTR line (bright, vibrant colors) and he's supposed to be a bit different. I wonder if they'll do a Goldenberry?

It's an ok bust I guess and Iknow the character was a bit out of place in the story so it's easy to say this bust is the same way with the rest of the line, but if I were into this line I'd probably have passed on this bust. It's just WAY out of place IMO.

I like it, but its not really a great representation of the Weta Decipher Card Tom. Now if SS could do a PF of that, THAT would be incredible - it would be similiar to the SW Assaj Ventress PF, a sort of LOTR EU piece! But they need to some more main characters first.

I will snag one and will be sorely tempted to pose it along with the Toy Vault Barrow Wight that Tom "sung off" in the book!

He does need some little Lillies for Goldberry, though, I'll probably make something for it.

I'm curious what next years exclusive for GG will be though, after Glorfindel and Tom. Especially if they come up with another First Age character. Imagine a Feanor with light-up Silmaril.

Last edited:
Josh do you have any other GG LOTR Busts? Can you do a comparison shot with Tom?

Back