Barryo's custom stuff

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

barryo

Dealer of Death
Reaction score
Barryo's custom stuff-update 3-04-08 @end

okay, im gonna post a few of my things i've done in the last few months. the main reasons i joined this board originally was for the custom work of the many talented people on here. i in no way compare myself to any of you guys and am always in awe of what you guys create. i've lurked for a long time and just amazed at seeing the old pros get even better and the starter offer people get better and better with the guidance of the seasoned veterans. im a kind of quiet board guy but i pay attention to what is said & how things get created and learn. tips & techniques you guys give out still have me in awe. but without further ado i start off with a pretty basic mod to a couple of marmit sandtroopers.

Last edited:
a couple more shots of the sand troopers. these were done with marmit armor fit to a dragon body and cut the boots to fit the feet. dirtied them up a bit :D . i picked up and the weapons off ebay, an mg-34 & mg-15. added two scopes to the mg15. not totally screen accurate but it will do. pretty easy custom considering what i had to work with was already pretty darn good. i just didnt like the lack of articulation. oh yea had to make hand armor to fit the dragon hands, just glued some pieces in place. i also cut some back pack straps out of thin leather and made a pistol holster as well. i also did a little moding to some stands of a certain company we have all come to love and curse (well our wallets curse anyway.......well mine does) :D. but please add any critiques good bad or otherwise. i have pretty thick skin and just want to see how far i can go with this customizing kick im on and any help is appreciated.

Last edited:
after the troopers came my sideshow dead ornament custom. too sweet just to leave as a decoration. the moment i saw him made me want to tear him apart and build a better zombie. i posted this in the ssc ornament thread but thought i might put my few things together in one thread. easier for me to keep up with, still getting the hang of message boards in general. my zombies name is zed.....cuz zed's dead baby. he's the zombie janitor that cleans up after all the other zombies run amok on there mindless killing sprees. (dirty/bloody job huh?) anyway, ordered a prison break uniform and used another dragon body i had. dremeled the head to fit the post, retrofitted the hand to fit a wrist joint and bloodied him up a bit. too much blood?.....its a zombie, there can never be too much blood....:D

Last edited:
now my third entry is something that just struck me after drinking a few beers and going back in time a bit. i was rocking out to some 80's black sabbath and something struck me just right. its kind of hard to tell but the eyes were filled in with green glow in the dark sculpy and i picked up some glow paint for the goo on his mouth and hands. these pics do not do this figure justice. it looks awesome when you expose it to light for a few then turn the lights off.

Last edited:
a few more pics. i used a marmit body, had a skull keychain that seems perfect that i picked up at a motorcycle rally for 2 bucks, ordered a set of skeletal hands from 1/6th depot (along with everything else) and mounted them to the wrist joints. used a bit of wool from a hat to line the boots & headgear and of course added the bullet holes and blood.

now my third entry is something that just struck me after drinking a few beers and going back in time a bit. i was rocking out to some 80's black sabbath and something struck me just right. i had this keychain on my desk that i was looking at and somewhere in my brain something snapped or clicked or whatever and i came up with an idea. i had to you tube the video and watched this flick & with a lot of pausing and reversing i came up with this. im not going to say what this custom is as i would like to see how many of you know where i might have come up with this. if you would, lets keep it low key and just reply with "i know exactly" or "i have no clue"........this may be interesting. i emailed a pic to a buddy of mine and he knew right off, but im thinking some of the younger people might have a hard time recognizing it. its kind of hard to tell but the eyes were filled in with green glow in the dark sculpy and i picked up some glow paint for the goo on his mouth and hands. these pics do not do this figure justice. it looks awesome when you expose it to light for a few then turn the lights off.

MAJOR TOM!!! Awesome, looks just like he did in that episode. (although I suspect who I think it is isn't who it's meant to be. All the same that's who it looks like)

Edit: The original Heavy Metal, that's it isn't it? I haven't seen that in years. That bit of the movie always creeped me out. I'm betting dollars to donuts that the Venture Bros guys lifted the look of Major Tom from Heavy Metal. I knew Tom looked familiar the first time I saw that episode.

Last edited:
Barryo, I really like those Sandtroopers.Great work on the weathering and I like all the added accessories. Good stuff.
-Ryan

Barryo, I really like those Sandtroopers.Great work on the weathering and I like all the added accessories. Good stuff.
-Ryan

thanks ryan, i used a combination of an airbrush, toothbrush (for splatter), q-tips for smudges. they were a lot of fun to do,

okay, got around to adding the mop bucket for my zombie janitor.

Re: Barryo's custom stuff- updated 3-04-08

okay, i was rather bored a while back and decided if i could do a custom of one of my favorite album covers, black sabbath-mob rules by greg hildebrandt. i know its not your conventional custom but like i said i was bored as hell. the dude's suit is made from an old chamois cloth and i scratch built the whipping post out of balsa wood and bits and pieces.
the album cover
ss1-1.jpg

the figure & whipping post
ss2-1.jpg
ss3-1.jpg
ss4-1.jpg

i plan on replacing the gloves with real leather ones and maybe some bendy hands because they do clash a bit. but for now i think its okay.
im also going to make a back drop of the album to make it kinda like this photoshopped pic
ss7.jpg

too weird? thats what my wife thinks too...:lol

I like the zombie janitor a lot, especially the bucket idea! As for the Sabbath dio, :rock :rock :rock That's great little setup and a great album to boot!!!:chew

This is what its about; Finding subject material anywhere. Very cool indeed.

I like the zombie janitor a lot, especially the bucket idea! As for the Sabbath dio, :rock :rock :rock That's great little setup and a great album to boot!!!:chew

thanks mando........yea i love the album as well....:rock

thank you too moxie.

i completely forgot about my jabbas steps i made. i made them out of left over tile when i redid my wife's kitchen. pretty simple although i did have a wet-tile saw on hand :D
fb1.jpg
fb2.jpg
fb3.jpg

fb4.jpg

and the whole gang together. DISCLAIMER: PAY NO ATTENTION TO THE HASBRO LEIA !!! SHE IS MERELY A STAND-IN UNTIL SIDESHOW OR SOMEONE COMES UP WITH A BETTER ONE
fb5.jpg

Tile, what a great idea! Looks good. :rock

thanks & the best part is that it was basically free........well kind of. seeing how i used left over stuff. or was it $1,500 jabba steps and a free kitchen upgrade with what i had left over after making the steps?:confused: :lol

This is just awesome man, you totally nailed the look and feel of the pilot :rock Instantly recognizable and very kickass :rock

attachment.php

Back