The New KITT....

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Mike

In the Pixels
Reaction score
Just announced today.....What have they done to you....

0000044820_20071212134204.jpg

00000448212007121213420vo5.jpg

I'm as big of a Mustang fan as anyone (I owned one for ten years - not a Cobra, but a GT), but that's not KITT. If they don't want to use a Firebird, then the least they could do is use the new GTO (in black, of course):

62fi.jpg

Or how about this baby:

kitt2007.jpg

EXACTLY! I love Mustangs, especially the Shelby but those are not under any circumstances a fitting replacement for KITT

hmmm...well the movie is going to suck so they could put KITT in a moped and it wouldn't make it suck more than it is already going to. imho.

Which one is it? Those are 2 different Mustangs.

Anyway, thats not KITT its Barricade.

That actually made be go Ughh when I saw it... that sucks!

And seriously, a new KITT?!? Why bother, every follow-up series has been terrible and tanked. There's some magic of the 80's that you just can't replicate.

Which one is it? Those are 2 different Mustangs.

Anyway, thats not KITT its Barricade.

I'm not sure that the deal is whith the cars. Maybe different photo shoots or some stock photos, but it is KITT. Here is a link to one of many confirmation stories: Meeting KITT.

And here are some more pics:

6kitt500.jpg

4kitt500.jpg

1kitt500.jpg

I have to admit, in that first pic, it doesn't look half bad as KITT. I would still prefer the GTO, (since the Trans Am is on hiatus until '09), but I'm kind of warming up to the Shelby.

Oh, and here's the interior:

5kitt500.jpg

[Edit]

I think I know what's up with the cars. There are going to be 3 cars used for the "part" of KITT:
Just as it took two Olsen twins to play Michelle Tanner, it will take three black, cobra-branded Shelby Mustangs to play KITT. All three were rolled out for a photo op at the NBC lot in Burbank, California.
Whether that means the car will be enhanced during the movie, or destroyed/replaced, or just three different cars for different angles, I don't know. But, if they are planning to use the three cars interchangeably, they'd better get their act together. Different spoilers, different wheels, and single versus dual fog lights will all show up glaringly on film.

Last edited:
kitt will always be a trans am. another example of a sponsor driven rape of our childhoods. i'm surprised there isn't a pepsi logo on the side.

Yeah Kitt is a Trans Am. Ok there is no TA available now, use its brother the Camero. I personally don't like then new Camero, the new Charger and Mustangs did a much better job but neither of those work as Kitt. I loved Knight Rider as a kid, it was one of a few shows I always watched. One of them was already redone (Dukes of Hazard) , whats next the A-Team, CHiPs?

Kitt was a Chevy product and now he is a Ford? That would be like a Pepsi guy drinking a Coke in uniform. I would guess that Ford offered a better deal to the film makers hence Kitt is a Ford. It is foolish of film makers and of Chevy to let this happen as the trans am and even firebird sales can be directly related to the success of the Original series.

Yeah Kitt is a Trans Am. Ok there is no TA available now, use its brother the Camero. I personally don't like then new Camero, the new Charger and Mustangs did a much better job but neither of those work as Kitt. I loved Knight Rider as a kid, it was one of a few shows I always watched. One of them was already redone (Dukes of Hazard) , whats next the A-Team, CHiPs?

Actually I did see something on G4 Attack of the Show about the A-Team coming back as well. According to Stephen Cannell, it is going to have a more serious/real feel and not going to be like the original with no one getting hurt or dying.

i was a fan of this in the 1980's. i have the first season on dvd.i will watch the 2 hr movie. But i don't think this going to make it.

Actually I did see something on G4 Attack of the Show about the A-Team coming back as well. According to Stephen Cannell, it is going to have a more serious/real feel and not going to be like the original with no one getting hurt or dying.

Ack! Somewhere DekDave's childhood is being raped :monkey2:monkey2

I guess we can pretty much bank on a "Chicks dig the car" Batman Forever reference at some point.

I saw a commercial for this the other day showing the new driver... he looked so lame. I just don't get it... a show about a talking car is something that should only reside in the 80's :lol

Don't get me wrong, I f'n love Knight Rider... but he had his time.

Back