Star Wars theme vs Superman theme

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

you favorite?

• Star Wars

Votes: 59 63.4%
  • Superman

Votes: 34 36.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Superman is Williams' best work but his Star Wars themes are a VERY close second.

Empire is his best Star Wars work.

Superman does it every time---- no comparison... although SW is of course epic and iconic (to use that overused term).

Wow! It's like Sophie's Choice. Both are iconic themes and both Grammy winners (Star Wars Oscar winner also). Superman is hands down the best super hero theme ever produced, while Star Wars is questionablely John Williams best Trilogy work. I picked Star Wars because it is the more complex of the two. Superman at certain points just seems too over the top. That being said they both still kick ass.

SUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCH a hard choice. Two of my favorite John Williams' themes. Last year at the Hollywood Bowl he played both and it was awesome. If I were to pick one, I would say it's a tie.

Ooh, that's an easy one for me. Star Wars! Best part is that in junior high I played trumpet in the school band and that was one of the pieces we played. It was awesome!

Eric

I find star wars to be the more interesting of the two. There is just nothing to match the Skywalker theme and Vaders theme in emotive power, IMO. :rock

SW all the way, every time I hear it i can see yellow words rolling thru the screen.

Kabukiman said:
Star Wars easily has the best score, but the Superman theme is better than Star Wars.

That's an interesting view. I can see how someone could say that. Superman March and The Love Theme from Superman are amazing. But there is only one superman movie, there is six scores for star wars. if you were to take the best parts of all six scores for star wars it would be better than anything, but that's cheating. :emperor :emperor You know what, I can agree with you on that. Superman theme is phenomonal, but star wars has a better score. :duff:duff:duff:duff

Superman for me, easily, although I love them both. And I think the poll is for the theme, not the entire score.

Of course Qui-Gon Sir, apologizes. Since Star Wars seems to be winning, shoud we throw in something like the Raiders March or Jurassic Park Theme?

Back