Anime section

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Should we have an Anime Section?

• Yes

Votes: 74 78.7%
  • No

Votes: 20 21.3%

• Total voters
Is there sufficient interest for it? Probably. But do you want to attract larger anime crowds to the forum? Is all traffic good traffic? I've briefly perused some anime-centric forums for one reason or another, and damn. . .I don't know. The Dragonball Z thread here alone is enough to make me wonder if the greater good would be banning all anime-related talk from the forum forever. I know there is good anime out there, but there are apparently a lot of weirdos and annoying kids that are into that stuff.

Is there sufficient interest for it? Probably. But do you want to attract larger anime crowds to the forum? Is all traffic good traffic? I've briefly perused some anime-centric forums for one reason or another, and damn. . .I don't know. The Dragonball Z thread here alone is enough to make me wonder if the greater good would be banning all anime-related talk from the forum forever. I know there is good anime out there, but there are apparently a lot of weirdos and annoying kids that are into that stuff.

There are alot of annoying people and weirdos in the movie section.:dunno

BTW this is toy forum that talks about everything.

The same could be said of the Batman threads, or Star Wars.

The Anime threads we DO have get lost in the general section, then get re-made as new threads when one already exists, sometimes getting merged, sometimes not, etc.

Having them all in one place would probobly be a good idea.

Like sombody else said. They're annoying people on the movie forums and weirder people in the marvel forums who dress black widow in weird outfits. An anime forum is no different.:dunno

:yess:

Sorry for the dumb question, but is anime only cartoons? I don't keep up on them well, but I like perusing some of the figure threads like the Kamen Riders, is that considered anime as well?

They're not Anime per se, But Much Like Manga It would fit in better there than just about anywhere else on the board. Pherhaps instead of calling it an Anime section, Call it " Japanese Media" ?

Another advangatge of calling it "japanese media" is that then, Japanese Monser ( Kaiju) stuff goes there too. Godzilla and the like.

anime in general is huge in pop culture and growing in popularity every year. anime centric conventions are growing as well. I definitely think it would be appropriate to have an anime section. it might not be as popular as some other threads on this board in particular but it's popular enough I believe to warrant its own place at the table.

Considerably. I'd be the Mod if that's part of the problem Dave :D

The more i think about it, a "Japanese Media and collectables " Section sounds like a great idea.

Japanese media would indeed be a good term for it. This way it covers Kamen Rider, Godzilla, anime, and manga.

But isn't "Anime" a more well known term? That's pretty straight forward and obvious. If we expect people to talk about Godzilla there instead of Horror or general (hmm, where does Godzilla go?) it becomes confusing.

That's a good point as well. I think certain things will migrate there anyway, such as Kamen Rider which has historically had a lot of overlap with manga and anime anyway.

It would clean up the General sections.

:lecture

I know I've posted this once or twice before, but this is a sixth scale figure forum, IMHO, and to see TMNT, Dragonball, MOTU and all these other 5" and 6" figure threads pushing down 1/6 discussion threads makes it difficult to navigate.

:lecture

I know I've posted this once or twice before, but this is a sixth scale figure forum, IMHO, and to see TMNT, Dragonball, MOTU and all these other 5" and 6" figure threads pushing down 1/6 discussion threads makes it difficult to navigate.

Dunno it's a toy forum for everything go over to OSW thats a 1/6 forum.

Back