Optibotimus Reviews: Hot Toys Iron Man Hall of Armor

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Another fantastic review. I have my set of 7 on preorder still. I pushed back the final flex because I bought a few things spur of the moment and I do not really have the space to display it yet. But I do have all 7 suits so I couldn't pass this up.

Great review.
But seriously, you can't remember the the HOA holograms???
Seriously?

IMHOAHOLOGRAMS.jpg

I know. I love that scene (in 2 I believe) when he goes into the lab and wakes JARVIS up and the holograms on the glass calibrate and you can see all the details load. So awesome!

Yeah.
He claps his hands and says "Wake up. Daddy's home" and all the holograms start up.
The cool part is that the MKI says: "Reconstruction", MKII: "Prototype", MKIII: "Battle Damaged" and MKIV says: "Awaiting upgrade".
Another nice touch is that when Pepper walks in moaning about Tony giving away his art collection, he walks past a CNC machine that has the MKVI displayed on the screen. Like the MKVI was ALREADY being fabricated prior to the trianular chest reactor. It's the first appearance of DUM-E since it handed Tony the MKI chest piece in IM1.
And also of course, the hologram of the MKV suitcase is floating in the air. Tony grabs a hologram from the air, and throws it into a basket, then walks up to the suitcase armour(It actually says "Suitcase" on the hologram), closes the case and swipes it aside.

Absolutely thrilled with this! Thanks for the review man. Really got me thinking on my display. Full of win! Big @ss shipping box too. Glad the packaging protects each bay well. Common BBTS ship these babies.

Yeah.
He claps his hands and says "Wake up. Daddy's home" and all the holograms start up.
The cool part is that the MKI says: "Reconstruction", MKII: "Prototype", MKIII: "Battle Damaged" and MKIV says: "Awaiting upgrade".
Another nice touch is that when Pepper walks in moaning about Tony giving away his art collection, he walks past a CNC machine that has the MKVI displayed on the screen. Like the MKVI was ALREADY being fabricated prior to the trianular chest reactor. It's the first appearance of DUM-E since it handed Tony the MKI chest piece in IM1.
And also of course, the hologram of the MKV suitcase is floating in the air. Tony grabs a hologram from the air, and throws it into a basket, then walks up to the suitcase armour(It actually says "Suitcase" on the hologram), closes the case and swipes it aside.

Yup exactly! Love that scene. I noticed that it said all that for the MKI, II, III. That is what made me sell my original MKIII in favor of the Battle Damaged version. Figured I would go the cheaper route since I had so many figures to buy but once I noticed that the MKIII was battle damaged, I had to upgrade.

Yup exactly! Love that scene. I noticed that it said all that for the MKI, II, III. That is what made me sell my original MKIII in favor of the Battle Damaged version. Figured I would go the cheaper route since I had so many figures to buy but once I noticed that the MKIII was battle damaged, I had to upgrade.

I have two MKIII. Just the regular one.
I can live without the BD one.

I notice you need a MKVI, Optibotimus...
I have one i bought from a Chinese seller at the summer.
MISB and i have never opened it.
:wink1:

Thanks for the review. I'm would have thought HT could have made the Acrylic Glass fit better than it does. Seems you would want a slot at the top and bottom. I also would have liked to see the glass go all the way to the edge to protect from dust. I guess HT can only go so far and if they would have made the Glass go all the way to the edge it would have costs us 150 per unit.

Gaps would appear at the sides due to the HOA's variable size... you could always recut new plexi for the perfect fit.... Note: for the 4 or 7 setup the space at the sides will be slightly smaller than the spaces in between...and a single unit would have the smallest space, that 3 variable sizes. HT provided one that fits all leaving gaps in all 3 sizes.

Optimusbot... I believe the plexi is suppose to slant at an angle and not be vertical, the top being deeper into the box... this would allows the hologram sticker to light-up... I don't own it yet, so educated guess....

It would be ingenious for HT to make the hologram appear and disappear with the light switch.

Last edited:
I feel bad now that you guys mention that scene and i DO actually remember it. But i think my point still is fairly valid. They aren't usually on. Primarily they're off. So i'm still happy not putting my
"stickers" on :)

Gaps would appear at the sides due to the HOA's variable size... you could always recut new plexi for the perfect fit.... Note: for the 4 or 7 setup the space at the sides will be slightly smaller than the spaces in between...and a single unit would have the smallest space, that 3 variable sizes. HT provided one that fits all leaving gaps in all 3 sizes.

Optimusbot... I believe the plexi is suppose to slant at an angle and not be verticle, the top being deeper into the box... this would allows the hologram sticker to light-up... I don't own it yet, so educated guess....

First, to correct you. My "name" is Optibotimus.

You could potentially cut new plexiglass if you wanted. However, it wouldn't fit into the grove sections on the bottom where the blue lights come from. The plexiglass they provide fits just about perfectly into that slot. I don't believe the angle matters in having the hologram details show up. In the instructions provided, they show the plexiglass piece being vertical.

As i said, i tried a couple different things to see if it would work and i couldn't figure it out. Hopefully if someone does, they'll let me know. I'd appreciate it.

thanks for the review, for $130 bucks though I think its a no brainer that these are not worth it imo, especially if they take 9 batteries, although I guess if your someone who has all 7 suits, its definitely very tempting

nice review and wow about the amount of batteries needed for only ONE display :horror
still at $130 a piece they could have done better. the whole thing looks very plastic/toysh from the video...

nice review and wow about the amount of batteries needed for only ONE display :horror
still at $130 a piece they could have done better. the whole thing looks very plastic/toysh from the video...

I have watched the review a couple of times now. At certain angles they do seem very "toyish" I don't think you can buy the Play Imaginative ones separately, but they used Diecast and can sense when the Iron man Armor is placed inside. Not that it matters, but they also come with a remote. It's too bad that PI stuff is not out to compare to. Hot Toys beat them to the market.

https://playimaginative.com/SuperAlloy_IronManMk7/index.html#Photos

I guess I'm trying to figure out are we just very excited to get a HOA diorama, and not paying attention to quality of the product?

Back