Hot Toys T-800 Endoskeleton; either version.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dollmanron

Super Freak
Reaction score
Does anyone know how the inside of the head of one of these is set up? I got a BD version and the LED light up eyes work perfectly, but I got the regular version and only one eye will light up. I tried different batteries, but with no change.

I just want to ask if anyone has ever taken the head apart to see what make it work, two red LED's or only one that is placed behind a solid clear piece of red plastic (kind of how a Ironman Armor head lights up.

If it's the first It doesn't follow their following set-ups, but if it's the second maybe the single LED has come lose and went to one side, or maybe it's blacked out in the back and has gotten turned to only point to one eye.

I'd really like an answer if anyone can tell me anything, thanks.

I have the T-700 so its basically the same figure, but I haven't taken the head apart and I don't think many people would do that to begin with, however just looking at it I would say each eye has its own led so it would seam that one of yours has burnt out, not sure how to tell you to fix it without experimenting myself, sorry:dunno

I have had him on display since his release, but I've never tried the light-up feature.:eek:

I have opened the figure up (body) and I can see only two wires going up into the head. I'm thinking one is the positive and the other is negative, also from how they attach to the battery compartment. If it is two LED's, they would have to be wired together and if one has burnt out I can't understand how the other is still working.

Wouldn't the circuit be cut and cause both not to work?

I have opened the figure up (body) and I can see only two wires going up into the head. I'm thinking one is the positive and the other is negative, also from how they attach to the battery compartment. If it is two LED's, they would have to be wired together and if one has burnt out I can't understand how the other is still working.

Wouldn't the circuit be cut and cause both not to work?

No its not like the old Christmas light strings, led lights don't work that way, I'm not an expert in electrical but if the led is burnt out the other would still work, which means you would have to replace the led light. Not sure where you would find a replacement, maybe radio shack.

No its not like the old Christmas light strings, led lights don't work that way, I'm not an expert in electrical but if the led is burnt out the other would still work, which means you would have to replace the led light. Not sure where you would find a replacement, maybe radio shack.

Finding a replacement wouldn't be a problem, getting into the head without tearing it to pieces would.

Off topic but does the 1/6 Endo holds up today? I don't wanna get the 1/4 version.

LEDs don't burn out , they have a ridiculous life span . Did you leave yours on? I could possibly try to fix it for you with no guarantee that it will be repaired .

Just send it to me .

I have the Original T-800 Endoskeleton (with the Pirate eye), and the T2 BD Exclusive T-800 Endoskeleton (no problems by the way on that one). They're both the same except for the detailing, as for how they hold up to the 1/4 scale; I haven't got a clue.

Off topic but does the 1/6 Endo holds up today? I don't wanna get the 1/4 version.

I've considered buying the old 1/6 endo more than once, however price and the knowledge that hot toys is making a new one have kept that idea at bay, they showed it off a few times in teasers but never fully reveiled it, its coming though, I can feel it and its gunna be diecast I'm sure:panic:

I've considered buying the old 1/6 endo more than once, however price and the knowledge that hot toys is making a new one have kept that idea at bay, they showed it off a few times in teasers but never fully reveiled it, its coming though, I can feel it and its gunna be diecast I'm sure:panic:

****** yes. I have the Aoshima weathered diecast, which I love, but I can't wait for a new chrome diecast HT endo. HT have come a long way since their last endo..

Back