Kaustic Plastik: New 1:6 Chainmail with 1.2 mm metal rings! AVAILABLE NOW!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kaustic Plastik

1:6 Manufacturer
Reaction score
Kaustic Plastic is proud to introduce the FIRST Perfectly 1:6 scaled Chainmail in the market!

Made of metal micro rings with 1.2mm internal diameter this new chainmail are totally handmade.

The size of the rings give you a 100% historically accurate product!

The chain mail will be produced in LIMITED EDITION (200 pieces each release) after the summer and will be available in different models.

But let the pictures speak for themselves!

Medieval Model

kp-chain1.jpg

kp-chain2.jpg

kp-chain3.jpg

kp-chain4.jpg

Roman Empire - Legionary Armour (Lorica Hamata)

kp-chain5.jpg

Roman Empire - Centurion Armour (Lorica Hamata)

kp-chain6.jpg

Early Roman Republic - Gaul Armour (Lorica Hamata)

kp-chain7.jpg

Last edited:
Re: Kaustic Plastik: New 1:6 Chainmail with 1.2 mm metal rings!

This looks awesome!
Will they come as separate sets or as part of boxed figures?

Looks great-will make awesome Rohirrim sholders.

Hey... Can I see a closeup of the Torso and neck area of the chain shirts? I used to make 1:1 armor professonaly... and something about the chest looks off to me. It's possibly you've got the weve sideways. It's a common mistake when people first start to make maille... and it can put a great deal of starin on the links if they're not Rivited together, causing the armor to tear itself apart Very eaisily under normal use.

Short version, the Torso should be made of "lines" of links that go Left-to-right. And the sleves should either be attached in such a way to allow them to do the same, Or if you go the easy way, the sleves should go up and down.

your pictures LOOK like they're the reverse of that. but it might be an optical illusion, given teh size.

They Look fantastic BTW, How much are you going to be selling them for?

The armors look pretty amazing Fabio!

It's pretty amazing that you guys can produce this.
I hope that these sets might go into a second production because I think these will sellout fast.

Bet those are a pain in the *** to link together.

I need the "early Roman Republic" set. When will these be available?

KP, looking at these on my Work computer, and not on my home PC, I can now say, with certianty, your Weave is sideways.

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE fix it if it's not too late. This stuff is AMAZING, and I'd hate for your calim of "100%" historical accuracy to be false based on missing a little detail like Weve Direction.

Not only that, but this stuff, as it stands right now will tear itself apart as it's blunted instead of rivited.

Bet those are a pain in the *** to link together.

Speaking fro expierence, Yes. Yes they are.

And a TOTAL NIGHTMARE at that scale.

Though, even if They don't fix the mistake they've made with these, disassembling and fixing this maille would be much preferable to making it from scratch imo.

KP, looking at these on my Work computer, and not on my home PC, I can now say, with certianty, your Weave is sideways.

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE fix it if it's not too late. This stuff is AMAZING, and I'd hate for your calim of "100%" historical accuracy to be false based on missing a little detail like Weve Direction.

Not only that, but this stuff, as it stands right now will tear itself apart as it's blunted instead of rivited.

Mate... relax please ;)
We are doing our work with a professional Archologist (Dott. Luca Nejorotti).

I like to explain some points.

1) This pictures was just to show you the quality of the work. We are still working to improve the final products.

2) Of course we cannot make rivets for each single rings (this would be really impossible for rings of 1.2mm). And anyway NOT all the armour had the rivets.

3) The armour will not "tear itself part". Buf of course it's a delicate piece of art. So I hope people will not buy this to "play" with it. It's better use for a display or something like this.

4) We know about the weaving. The final product will follow the horizontal schema.
Why not now? Because it takes much more longer to make it at this scale, and we love to show you the final result as soon as possible.. HONESTLY, just you that are a professional armour maker and some archeologist can understand the difference ;)

That is spectacular... beautiful work, now to try and figure out a figure to buy some of it for :lol

HONESTLY, just you that are a professional armour maker and some archeologist can understand the difference
Think your english fell apart a little at the end there, but I get the Gist of your jest. ( I THINK)

Awesome! Yeah, I'm picky as **** about my armor. And "wrongly-made" Maille ( whither it's poor craftsmanship, armoring mistakes, or a sprypainted sweater) Tends to drive me batty.

Glad to know the longterm plan. Are you planning on sticking strictly with european four in one, or are there plans for any other weaves?
Japanese, persian, etc?

curiosity, Are these being made by hand, or by machine?
I remember there ussed to be a company that offered welded chainmaille that was machine-made.

That is spectacular... beautiful work, now to try and figure out a figure to buy some of it for :lol

um...............death dealer.....:dunno

:wink1:

Glad to know the longterm plan. Are you planning on sticking strictly with european four in one, or are there plans for any other weaves?
Japanese, persian, etc?
Only European at the moment

curiosity, Are these being made by hand, or by machine?
I remember there ussed to be a company that offered welded chainmaille that was machine-made.
Every model is handmade (including the rings!!!).
I think would be impossible make a chainmail with 1.2mm rings using some machine.

Note the sword, scabbard, tunic and shoes KP used in their Medieval Chainmail promo images are from Dragon's Viking figure (the head is KP I think). The Dragon Viking is excellent, I personally would prefer a metal mail shirt that matches the length of the original figure's rubber chainmail shirt for my two figures.
The Roman chainmail shirts are using KP's Roman garb.

Back