Custom "Gantry Floor Panels" from Tony Stark's garage. WIP & Purchase Interest thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Username

Last Son Of Krypton
CF Supporter
Reaction score
Custom "Gantry Floor Panels" from Tony Stark's garage. WIP & Purchase Interest thread

Hey guys. Iceberg66 posted pics of his MKII and MKIII figures on a custom printed sheet of paper recently. The sheet was made to look like the Gantry floor panels in Tony's workshop and it got me thinking of a relatively cheap and easy diorama idea.
Basically it's a 14" by 14" sheet of styrene with all the same lines panel scribed on it.
I sized it large so it would take up an entire Detolf shelf, and i think would make a nice flat display base for several MK armours.
It's not meant to have removeable panels like the HT Gantry base. Just to have the panel lines marked on.
I am thinking about making a mould of the panel in case there is interest here for the thing.
I am also considering making a circular one like the white Gantry base from IM2 when Tony has the MKIV armour removed.
If there is interest, i can possibly do both.
I am just trying to gauge the potential of it. Not looking for deposits, or anything, but if you *might* want one, feel free to say so or PM me. I won't hold anyone to anything. A show of hands would be great
As i say, just trying to gauge interest.
Thanks for looking, and feel free to post comments.
Here are the pics with a MKVI and my Tony figure.

IMG_1453.jpg

IMG_1454.jpg

IMG_1455.jpg

IMG_1456.jpg

IMG_1459.jpg

IMG_1460.jpg

IMG_1461.jpg

IMG_1462.jpg

IMG_1463.jpg

IMG_1465.jpg

Last edited:
Re: Custom "Gantry Floor Panels". WIP and Interest thread

Thats a really cool idea. I love the idea of making it basically a new detolf self. I tried to get a full detolf size steel grating flooring from the Sarah-1000 figure and only managed to get about half way before unable to find any more of those little triangles :(

Thats a really cool idea. I love the idea of making it basically a new detolf self. I tried to get a full detolf size steel grating flooring from the Sarah-1000 figure and only managed to get about half way before unable to find any more of those little triangles :(

Thanks for the reply.
I am not sure about the panels you are talking about. I don't have that figure.
It can't have been too hard to replicate though, surely?

No pics, but the panel is being moulded right now.
Should be set up by tomorrow and i will get a few copies cast so i can work out how much they will cost, and also to paint the first one up to show what it looks like painted.
More tomorrow.

Opinion is invited as to whether i should paint the first one from the moulds white with recessed black lines, or black with recessed white lines...

Okay. A bit of progress.
Mould is all set up. I made a test casting and when it was set, I gave it a coat of black paint.
When two coats of paint were set I re-scribed the lines back to the resin. A bit of an unexpected fortune is that when it's done this way, the panel can be lit from below... The resin is thin enough that the light shines through very well. See pics below for my experiment to this end.
I accidentally went a bit too far with a couple of scribed lines, but this one is only a test piece.
Comments are welcomed.
Enjoy the pics.

IMG_1480.jpg

IMG_1485.jpg

IMG_1492.jpg

IMG_1487.jpg

IMG_1489.jpg

IMG_1490.jpg

IMG_1491.jpg

IMG_1493.jpg

IMG_1494.jpg

IMG_1495.jpg

Last edited:
Re: Custom "Gantry Floor Panels" from Tony Stark's garage. WIP & Purchase Interest th

Little update. I took another casting and chopped an inch off the rear end so it would fit inside my Detolf.
No white lines on this one. Fits in perfectly width wise and depth wise.
Lines could be scribed out again like the previous one(Pics of that one lit up too on the top Detolf shelf).
Enjoy the pics.
Any comments and/or criticism is welcomed.

IMG_1517.jpg

IMG_1518.jpg

IMG_1519.jpg

And the lit one from before:

IMG_1520.jpg

IMG_1521.jpg

IMG_1522.jpg

IMG_1523.jpg

IMG_1524.jpg

Re: Custom "Gantry Floor Panels" from Tony Stark's garage. WIP & Purchase Interest th

Wow, very awesome! And good to see Tony has been eating his Wheaties!

Wow, very awesome! And good to see Tony has been eating his Wheaties!

Lol. I normally use that body for a Wolverine custom. I have just changed out the head for use as Tony till my black Sabbath Tony costume gets here.
Then he will be on a New Goblin body.
Thanks for posting!

Subject to price I'd possibly be intrested.

Subject to price I'd possibly be intrested.

PM sent.

Cost for an unpainted panel will be £32/$50(before shipping cost). I will have to charge another £6/$10 if you want it painted(Just one colour. A complex paint job will be more).

Last edited:

Small update.
This time one painted black and sanded back to the resin colour underneath.
It's a bit rough. This was a casting with a defect or two.

IMG_1565.jpg

IMG_1566.jpg

IMG_1567.jpg

IMG_1568.jpg

IMG_1569.jpg

That is awesome!!! I want one!

Wow, that looks amazing. If I had Iron Man figures I would be all over one of these.

That is awesome!!! I want one!

Thanks Ash.

Wow, that looks amazing. If I had Iron Man figures I would be all over one of these.

Thanks a lot.
The bigger one is sized for a Detolf Shelf.
I have also made a smaller one that is only 5mm bigger than the gantry doors(The gantry doors are the exact same size, there's just less space around them. I chopped the little one from a previous casting):

IMG_3273_zps9ec07ebd.jpg:original

IMG_3274_zps4c515319.jpg:original

IMG_3281_zps87679a05.jpg:original

IMG_3283_zpsfe298ff9.jpg:original

IMG_3284_zpsbc4684f2.jpg:original

IMG_3285_zps82f53235.jpg:original

IMG_3286_zpsba28f5bb.jpg:original

IMG_3287_zpsa4715d24.jpg:original

IMG_3288_zps497470e1.jpg:original

IMG_3289_zpsd99aaebb.jpg:original

Back