Courtesy NRD refund?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spazzy

Super Freak
Reaction score
So I asked to cancel an item with a NRD and assumed everyone gets one courtesy NRD refund, well apparantly not the case I was denied it and was told everyone is allowed one courtesy exception, which was already in the form of moving payments on flexpay, which I pretty much do every month because I get paid every other Friday and my pay doesn't always fall on the day the flex schedules are. SO was it ever mentioned that courtesy NRD's are the same as just a plain courtesy?

I have given thousands and thousands a year, and I can't get one $31 courtesy refund, or even apply to another item? Seems a little ridiculous.

Whats the N stand for again? :lol Just playing. I think expecting a "courtesy" is sorta contradictory.

Your flex pay stuff sounds like bad money management if you can't float a little for a week. If you're in that kind of straits may want to rethink the collecting level. SSC shouldn't be your budget manager, if you're calling them every other month to help you there I think you should be more than happy with their CS.

I have given thousands and thousands a year...

This made me chuckle. "Given" or spent? Just kind of hit me funny.

I was given a courtesy one time movement of my RPs from one order back into my account which is supposed to not even be possible. It's likely how you approach the subject to get what you want, which I will admit often escapes me, but I was successful that one time. I was going to give up my $30 deposit for the CC PF, but in the end decided to hold onto him, and am very happy that I did.

On the flip side, and I probably shouldn't mention it, because some are unscrupulous, but...

The points still gave me a discount and I was charged the discounted price even though those same RPs had gone back into my account and been subsequently used on another later order. Lucky for Sideshow, I'm a stand up fellow, and gave them a call yesterday to let them know to charge me the remainder.

Maybe they would have caught the discrepancy later, but I like to think I did the right thing there... ;)

Whats the N stand for again? :lol Just playing. I think expecting a "courtesy" is sorta contradictory.

Your flex pay stuff sounds like bad money management if you can't float a little for a week. If you're in that kind of straits may want to rethink the collecting level. SSC shouldn't be your budget manager, if you're calling them every other month to help you there I think you should be more than happy with their CS.

usually just a few days here and there and have been doing it for sometime, it is the only way I can get so much in so little time, if I were to buy a statue in full I doubt if I would be able to get one every other month. So with your reasoning, I shouldn't buy so many statues on flex because they can't move around a few payment schedules?? Is it really that much of an inconveinence considering my history with them? :dunno I would think they would like to take any sale they can get, they are obviously starting to lose more and more customers.

But that really isn't the point, others get courtesy nrd's why can't I, am I the only one that uses their other courtesy exceptions? Highly doubt it.

This made me chuckle. "Given" or spent? Just kind of hit me funny.

I was given a courtesy one time movement of my RPs from one order back into my account which is supposed to not even be possible. It's likely how you approach the subject to get what you want, which I will admit often escapes me, but I was successful that one time. I was going to give up my $30 deposit for the CC PF, but in the end decided to hold onto him, and am very happy that I did.

On the flip side, and I probably shouldn't mention it, because some are unscrupulous, but...

The points still gave me a discount and I was charged the discounted price even though those same RPs had gone back into my account and been subsequently used on another later order. Lucky for Sideshow, I'm a stand up fellow, and gave them a call yesterday to let them know to charge me the remainder.

Maybe they would have caught the discrepancy later, but I like to think I did the right thing there... ;)

I had overages before and let them know and they let me keep them, not much I think it was 70, but I have also had to call out their discrepencies, which has totaled over 1000, lesson: make sure to watch your points!

CAHobbit, off topic but since you're here, something wonky seems to be going on with Sideshow's site today. In the middle of the screen where the newest releases typically show up, I'm seeing older items--Indy TOD PF, Thanos/Death statue, etc.

Regular edition can be found if that's the version you are interested in...

Regular Edition Isaac Clarke Statue

Couldn't find it on the search, the most recent products listed or throughtout the production blog post.

I also can't find the Pop Kulture Shock Scorpion regular listed only the EX.

This new system is not cool Alex. Newsletters aren't sending, products are being removed, only EX's are being listed?

CAHobbit, off topic but since you're here, something wonky seems to be going on with Sideshow's site today. In the middle of the screen where the newest releases typically show up, I'm seeing older items--Indy TOD PF, Thanos/Death statue, etc.

Thanks! That problem was discovered a little while ago and has been reported. It will hopefully be fixed soon!

Couldn't find it on the search, the most recent products listed or throughtout the production blog post.

I also can't find the Pop Kulture Shock Scorpion regular listed only the EX.

This new system is not cool Alex. Newsletters aren't sending, products are being removed, only EX's are being listed?

Although you won't be able to use the search to find many regular products, you can still find them by removing the extra 1 at the end of the link in the address bar of your browser (that's IF an item has a regular edition). Apologies for the frustration that not being able to search for regular editions might cause, but hopefully this info can help those of you interested in finding regular editions in the future.

Though the newsletter has not showed up in online accounts last week or this week I can assure you the newsletter is being emailed to most newsletter subscribers. I say most as there have been some folks who have not been receiving them that have contacted me. We have either fixed those problems or are in the process of fixing them. Those NOT receiving their newsletters into their personal email accounts can contact me through PM here or [email protected] and we can investigate your account.

We're still trying to fix the issue of newsletters not posting into online accounts and will hopefully have it fixed very soon.

-SideshowAlex

If you're going to pay the premium by buying through SSC's website why wouldn't you want the Exclusive? If the reason is you want to save the NRD I would think you'd want the cheapest route possible as well, in which case aren't there European dealers to buy the regular from for much less and without the import fee?

I don't get it.

If you're going to pay the premium by buying through SSC's website why wouldn't you want the Exclusive? If the reason is you want to save the NRD I would think you'd want the cheapest route possible as well, in which case aren't there European dealers to buy the regular from for much less and without the import fee?

I don't get it.

i don't want the Ex or the NRD but i do want SSC fantastic returns policy if something goes wrong + UK dealers are more expensive most of the time.

I don't get it.
Exclusives usually have limits on orders. So if you want more than one, and if you order a regular from anywhere else, then you lose the rewards points and more importantly, the customer service.

I'd either pay the NRD and get the exclusive or go the cheaper route. Paying full price for the regular edition just doesn't make sense to me. I can see the points made, just don't really think its a direction I would go.

I really think sideshow should just make all version(exclusive or regular) of their products in all status (soldout, preorder, or in stock) searchable on their website. It's very obvious that's what almost every one of us paying customers want. It's beyond silly we have to rely on google.com or url manipulation to find a product to buy. Every other highend collectible company like swarovski or lladro has all of their products clearly searchable.

I understand perfectly sideshow's business model right now. Originally they want to hide the soldout products to not derail the potential purchase of a newer version (ie: oh i like the soldout ironman better than the new one on sale right now, so i wont buy it). Now they hide the soldout versions of the same product for similar reason (ie: oh there is a soldout exclusive version of this ironman? then i dont want to buy the regular anymore), by hiding the soldout exclusive sideshow is hoping the potential buyer will not realize there is one and buys the regular version.

However i do think whoever came up with those logic in the marketing dept needs to get their head examined, they may be able to fool a few buyers or gift purchases but most of us who buy those kind of statues are very knowledgeable. So sideshow is trading mass inconveniences for all of their customers in hoping of fooling a few. It's just not good business.

I guarantee if you look at the numbers after a few months, there will be little difference except the spam of emails from confused customers about the website search..or lack thereof.

I suspect some of this is due to bugs in the system more than an intentional move to hide pre-orders or in-stock items (since I can't see how making a regular in-stock item difficult to find would benefit Sideshow). I figure keeping the sold out items out of searches just helps to not waste the time of folks who are going only as customers. You can search sold out items by logging in and clicking a link to look at archived information (excluding some of the Universal stuff for some reason). Frankly, I wish BBTS would leave sold out items out of searches.

Back