BBC Sherlock Custom Figures Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BLNadal

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hello!

I started my custom Sherlock figure with Daco's headsculpt (for me, the best in the market) and Pop Toys set, but I'm not happy with his height, shirt and scarf... Maybe we can discuss how to get a perfect figure, which is the best shirt, the best scarf, the best body, etc..
Here's the figure until now:
attachment.php

And we also can already work on kitbash for Watson too since headsculpt is being done:
11707749_1606715249587587_5363644933878483608_n.jpg

Share your Sherlocks too!!

The Pop Toys figure is here.

I've futzed the shirt and jacket so far... still need to glue Daco's head to the adapter and work with the dogtooth coat and scarf.

With futzing it is very, very good so far.

This is what I've done so far:

- Taken off the Pop Toys head and removed the neck.

- Taken off the tie and belt (he doesn't wear these in the show).

- Taken off the dogtooth and jacket.

- Removed the stitch that keeps the top button of his shirt done up (he doesn't have this button done up in the show).

- Used a favourite trick of mine, rubber bands, to futz with the shirt. I used five on the purple shirt. One went around the waist, two went around the upper arms and two went around just above the cuffs. It's a trick that makes the shirt tighter to the body around the chest area, and the arm bands prevent the creases around the shoulders riding up and making the area around the collar look weird.

- Put the black jacket back on. I put two more rubber bands around the lower arms just above the cuffs of the black jackets. The lower arm rubber bands on both the shirt and jacket keep the cuffs where they should and allow the cuffs to peek out at the bottom under each layer on top of it, looking more natural.

That's where I am so far. I'm now going to glue the adapter to the neck and work with the dogtooth coat and the scarf. I'm a bit worried about the scarf, it's a bit unwieldy and perhaps a tad too long.

Great mods! I'll try this on mine figure, but I still think the shirt will be changed.. Unless I find a new scarf that can cover the shirt

I've done some work with the coat and scarf... you're right, the scarf needs to be either drastically modded/futzed or replaced. It's too stiff and cumbersome.

The coat is quite large and unwieldy too, but I'm going to go and watch an episode of Sherlock before futzing it in any way. I may try the water treatment on it once I have a really fresh image in my mind of how it hangs on Benedict in the show.

I need to do something on the coat, it's okay, but not perfect.. Oh, and I need to get an adapter for the neck too! Which one did you use?

Post here some photos after futzed, please!

I just ripped the neck adaptor off the Pop Toys head and glued it onto Daco's. It works pretty well but I won't be 100% confident in it until I get a scarf that sits better. At the moment it's at about the right height with the collar of the coat turned up.

I will definitely post pics soon :wink1:

Does Sherlock ever wear gloves? Looking at my other figures, I don't think that I have any hands pale enough to match Daco's sculpt. I may have to track down a pair of Sweeney Todd hands...

But the adapter is too big isn't it? (or too small, I can't remember)

and yes, he wear gloves!
2f83f827fde188f35170921946cf6e95.jpg

I forgot that I need to buy extensors to his legs

Good, I thought he did. I'll try to find some more pictures and see it any gloves that I have already would do.

The adaptor is a little big, but you can glue it on anyway - and it's a pretty well perfect height. Just put the head on top of the adaptor, and wherever the head sits, glue it there. :)

Really interested to see what you guys come up with here.

Been looking on Ebay for the longer footpegs, but can't find any. I had a set in my watch list but lost them too. Any ideas?

I think HT storm shadow has them.

And terminator also.And there was peg and feet thread by some member-something like Ashkanls or similar.

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

New Hope Han`s from Hot Toys. Awesome pegs. The longest I`ve seen.

I put some gloves from the MMS238 BD T1 Terminator on my Sherlock. I don't think the gloves are overly screen accurate but they look very good. And at no extra expense, so I'm happy with that.

I've got to look into that scarf...

Back