Current discount codes at SSC

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Current discount codes at SSC and other random rumblings LUCKYMARCH for $20 off

It's a profile I'm talking about, not a page. According to FB, they're not really doing automated checking, they tend to wait for someone to complain. And I only have the one profile.

Your profile on your page. Unless this is something I'm unfamiliar with.

I don't understand why they'd even care. They only care about money anyway and how many ads they squeeze into your page.

Re: Current discount codes at SSC and other random rumblings LUCKYMARCH for $20 off

Sorry, I was using FB official terminology, the way they distinguish different accounts. How FB describe it is that a profile is a personal account. A page, is a topic-specific account - such as for an organization or company - a non-person entity. I've had a company page for a few years now, but which hasn't really been used in ages. It has its own login and password and has nothing to do with the personal account I just recently opened. I had to send them copies of ID, so let's see what happens.

That sucks Pixel and it also quite annoying I'm sure.

Same happened to me. I only use Facebook for my 1/6 interests. I don't care what my real life friends are doing. If I want to know I'll meet up with them. So I had a user name that wasn't my real name. Then I tried to log in last week only to get a message saying my acoount has been blocked until I can prove who I am. What a pain in the hoop.

I'm sorry you guys are having such problems. I will probably be in the minority and may catch some flack for saying this, but I really despise Facebook. I reluctantly signed up a couple of years ago to have an easier way to keep up with friends and relatives that I don't get to frequently talk to. Instead, I'm bombarded with inane notifications letting me know that someone is heading to the store, or their kids have just fallen asleep.

It's a colossal waste of time for me and I barely go there anymore. In fact, were it not for corporate notifications such as HT announcements, I might not get on at all.

I know, I know...I'm a curmudgeon. :(

It's a colossal waste of time for me and I barely go there anymore. In fact, we're it not for corporate notifications such as HT announcements, I might not get on at all.

You won't get any flack here, I completely agree. I have the profile partly for the same reason you mention above, to keep up with announcements, especially those of 3A as they have 24 hour windows for some sales. It's also a good way to meet new customers and the platform is another way to get my brand out there.

I sent them government ID and a utility bill. They come back saying it's either not one of the forms they accept or it doesn't match the photo or birthdate info I have in my profile. Well I'm using an illustration for my profile, duh. And I didn't enter a correct birthdate on my profile in the first place. So instead of letting you correct anything that may be off in the profile, they just lock you out. This account is relatively new and it only took a bit of effort to upload photos, but I already had a decent amount of contacts. Imagine this happened after a year? Wow.

I think the platform is poorly implemented, the design, layout and code behind the site absolutely basic garbage, coded by monkeys who don't know the first thing about web development. I despise the culture of the company and the people who work there. But f'me if it's not a powerful tool for business that I want to exploit. This is strictly because of the membership - a perfect petri dish for viral expansion.

You won't get any flack here, I completely agree. I have the profile partly for the same reason you mention above, to keep up with announcements, especially those of 3A as they have 24 hour windows for some sales. It's also a good way to meet new customers and the platform is another way to get my brand out there.
If you have a commercial or marketing need or purpose, I completely understand having a profile on Facebook. One of my oldest and closest friends is a real estate agent and thinks of Facebook as a way extend his brand, just as you mentioned in your post. I completely understand that usage of it, too.

By the way, your avatar picture is really cool. I did not know we could use animated gifs!

I reluctantly signed up a couple of years ago to have an easier way to keep up with friends and relatives that I don't get to frequently talk to. Instead, I'm bombarded with inane notifications letting me know that someone is heading to the store, or their kids have just fallen asleep.
:(

That's exactly why I don't check mine very often. Out of the 2 things a day I may want to see there are 50 that I couldn't give a rats ass about. If I see another post about what somebody's "awesome" kid did I'm going to scream.

That's exactly why I don't check mine very often. Out of the 2 things a day I may want to see there are 50 that I couldn't give a rats ass about. If I see another post about what somebody's "awesome" kid did I'm going to scream.
LOL - yep!

I have a page just for gaming, one for Freaks and one for family. I have NO pictures on any of them. Two have my real name (one with my middle name, the other without) and the other is my nickname. So far I haven't heard anything, but I'm sure they'll say something soon. IMO, what does it even matter? They should be concentrating on people who are making death threats or using Facebook to recruit terrorists or something.

And I agree. Some people post every little thing they do like it's important. Then you have the ads all over the place which clutters it even more. I now mostly use my game page and look at the other ones about once a month. I just don't have time for all of that.

And twitter? Forget that stuff. It's worse!

You're already in violation of Facebook's terms by having more than one account. :)

Here's how to stay semi-sane with Facebook: Adblock (not "Adblock Plus" unless you have Firefox) and Social Fixer plugin (this allows you to change, expand and hide all sorts of parts of the FB site)

You're already in violation of Facebook's terms by having more than one account. :)

Here's how to stay semi-sane with Facebook: Adblock (not "Adblock Plus" unless you have Firefox) and Social Fixer plugin (this allows you to change, expand and hide all sorts of parts of the FB site)

Oh I know I am, and so are millions of other people. Strip all the extra accounts off and Facebook loses half their total members. I know people who have more than I do.

Adblock only works for part of the ads now, and I just unfollow annoying people. I'm still friended to them, but I can't read all their crap. :lol My gaming page is really bad for it, but then we're just using each other to further our gaming experiences, so when some go off on the religious or political tirades, I just unfollow them. :D

Never heard of Social Fixer, though it's not a big enough of a deal to go that far. If I was glued to Facebook like some are, then maybe I would.

I'm completely off of social media. Thank God. I use to have a Facebook and Twitter but I'm tired of seeing the most stupidist things. "Here's a pic of my paper cut" "just took a shower, time to go out" ....

The email made it look like DOFP Wolverine was 20% off but no dice.

20% off selected Marvel products with 'WOLVIE15'.

Dunno if there's anything new...

Sideshow Collectibles Newlsetter

So, the code is WOLVIE15, there's a big picture of Hot Toys' DoFP Wolverine, but there aren't any Wolverines on that list of discounted items? That seems intentionally confusing. :p

It's 20% off on the same items listed under STAR20 which is still valid. The only addition I spotted was Red Skull PF.

If you have a commercial or marketing need or purpose, I completely understand having a profile on Facebook. One of my oldest and closest friends is a real estate agent and thinks of Facebook as a way extend his brand, just as you mentioned in your post. I completely understand that usage of it, too.

By the way, your avatar picture is really cool. I did not know we could use animated gifs!

That's what I do for work and you'd be amazed at how much business I generate from posting some real estate related updates every couple days. If you keep it light and don't kill people with ads it works very well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back