NECA 1/4 scale predator

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not sure I'm happy with the results of trying to paint the skull and spine. Initially painted it in ivory with a brown wash to shade it which I was happy with, but then decided to over paint in shades of red to make it look freshly pulled. Can't help feeling that it just looks too red now.
IMG_20141217_191415517.jpg IMG_20141217_195224355.jpg IMG_20141218_053009799.jpg

Not sure I'm happy with the results of trying to paint the skull and spine. Initially painted it in ivory with a brown wash to shade it which I was happy with, but then decided to over paint in shades of red to make it look freshly pulled. Can't help feeling that it just looks too red now.

If you can get a hold of Tamiya Clear Red and Tamiya Smoke. Start with the red and mix in some smoke for good blood. you can give it washes of smoke as well.
The lighting makes these a bit more red than they really are.
2014-12-22 13.21.22.jpg
2014-12-22 13.19.41.jpg

If you can get a hold of Tamiya Clear Red and Tamiya Smoke. Start with the red and mix in some smoke for good blood. you can give it washes of smoke as well.
The lighting makes these a bit more red than they really are.

That looks really good, I'll have to get hold of those paints. The only local shops I knew of that stocked Tamiya have closed this year, so I've ordered both online.

What ratio mix did you use?

Dan

Hey up Jake?! How's things? :duff

Busy working two jobs. But still find time for our beloved Yautjas... Hopefully my poor masked head will get fixed by a professional after skydive :gah: Fell behind with collecting 1/4 NECA goodies. Have to purchase last two batches. But still on the fence because 1/4 Pred well seems to be completely dried out :dunno
Post it up! :D

If I manage to create something so cool as your pic.

If anyone is selling the classic masked or closed mouth predator.. Please let me know. eBay prices are crazy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
If I ever buy something from you.. PLEASE DONT ship it with a signature requirement because I work a normal job, will miss the delivery and I will have to fight with the post office for two hours the following day to get my package. It really should not be that difficult!

So I'm rushing home from the post office with my Neca 1/4 scale Predator, hoping to squeeze in some 'I'm gon have me some fun" time before picking up my son in 30 minutes. Rush in the house, grab my box and wire cutters, and snip my way through twisty tie hell.. Finally freeing the alien hunter from his confines! AND... Ehh.. It's alright is my thought as try adjusting to the awkward hip and thigh articulation. It's pretty dark in the house.. No time to flip on the lights in my haste. It's a big figure.. Has nice heft to it. 15 minutes left before I have to pack up and leave... I've already cleared out its spot in the detolf. Let me run up stairs and at least get him in position before I leave. With a little adjusting I have him standing steady in the detolf so I flip on the detolf lights and... Ohhh. Now that looks pretty good! The paint job is nice and glossy. The sculpt looks better that I thought it did. Hmmm.. Gotta go

Back home with the kid.. Dinner made and served.. I go to run the bath water but not before making a detour to visit my new friend. I put on his bone necklace and shoulder cannon.. Position his legs.. Angle his arms.. Adjust his dreads and tilt his head.. And it happens.. My Neca 1/4 Predator comes alive! And I love it!!

Thanks to everyone who sat through my babbling LOL! Pictures!!

dec47de013cbe4c72fd31ec2e4f6b74f.jpg

fd69f74862dd03d7ab34d26c4ecc17e8.jpg

9acb3be3327c642d98104ea3ebf3fb37.jpg

dcee3024b858926672069f6912a3bc81.jpg

Last edited:
Re: NECA 1/4 Predator

GREAT story Royce and Excellent Pics!!! I also have that fig and he's Bad Ass!!!

Still Hunting an Opened Mouth JH:D

Lol.. Thanks ocielz! I don't know why it came out like a story but after it started I just went with it! This really is a great figure. I was thrown off by the leg articulation at first but once I figured it out I realized that doing it that way allowed them to avoid having visible joints in the hips. The figure looks much better for it. And that sculpt is amazing. I am really hoping that they get around to finishing that Scar predator.

I think I saw an open mouth JH on eBay for around $200. That's what I ended up paying for this guy.

Damn $200?? That's a little too rich for me:(

I got Closed Mouth JH from a fellow member here for about $125/$135 shipped. My Masked JH I was extremely lucky to get from a member on Facebook for retail price Paid $120 shipped.

Gort Masked JH is another Badass looking Predator plus it comes with the trophy skull.

Yeah.. I didn't see it being sold on here at the time and I was ready to move on it so I got evil bay prices. And $200 was actually a good deal compared to what everyone else was selling it for! Lol

Patience is key and often times I have little. If I want something now I will pay for the convenience. Plus I'm so used to buying Hot Toys stuff that $200 doesn't seem that expensive anymore lol

I could have bought Gort for cheaper but I just can't get with the mask. Classic and Scar are my favorite because they both have that traditional bio mask look.

You don't like the Gort Bio? I love it and knowing that it was the original Mask for Pred makes it even better.

Would definitely like to se. A WOLF 1/4 fig or even an Updated Predalien fig!! A Predalien 1/4 scale would be simply. ........AMAZING!

Awesome story Royce. So all us collector dad's are the same then... :D

I thought that I would find some people who can relate! Lol.. Sometimes I have to sneak away to play. But normally I just stay up later than everyone to give my collection some love.

I thought that I would find some people who can relate! Lol.. Sometimes I have to sneak away to play. But normally I just stay up later than everyone to give my collection some love.
I've just started opening a lot of my figs with my kids now (ages 3 and 5) - despite me having to say "be careful!; not that one!; that's not for kids! nooooooo! no you can't play with that one" all the time.

And then I of course stay up late to enjoy them. LOL

Back