NECA 1/4 scale predator

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: NECA 1/4 Predator

Finally broken hip can be fixed by using 2 buttons.

c5ddd136f765f7d979e7bb08440f1d4e.jpg

33a2ab4d0202fe0d97d9b77f5c37948b.jpg

Re: NECA 1/4 Predator

Hey guys,
Here is my latest custom 1/4th Predator that I'm nearing completion. I hope to it have done soon before the holidays kick in. Anyhow, I'll post a new thread with pic's once it's finished. Stay tuned!

Amazing work as usual Endo! Not lurking here that much often and I fell behind with news on 1/4 goodies. Is there any activity on the remained 1/4 Losties or Wolf? Any word from tankman?? That tweet is not giving much hope. No problem to wait a year or two for more quarters. As long as we get them...

P.S. One question guys. My P1 took a shelf dive. His head ended in shatters. :gah:Tried to fix it and messed it up even worse. I still have the original mask intact(It had customized one on). But the problem is that there's a huge gap now between head and mask. I don't know if that can be even fixed. So I would like to buy a Masked P1 head (Head only). Is maybe on sale somewhere?? Any customizers willing to sale?? Thanks again...

Hi,

First post on here so I hope I don't screw up :) My wife bought me a P2 Masked City Hunter last year, and this year Big Red, so I ended up adding a P2 Elder and a P1 with closed mouth after a bit of hunting around for ones that didn't cost an arm and a leg. I was however somewhat disappointed that none of them included a human skull and spine, and that the only 1/4 scale one that does is the SDCC Gort which costs both arms, both legs and at least one kidney. Luckily I work for a company with a Stratasys Fortus 250mc 3D printer that spends some time idle so I was able to get approval to print something for myself, and after a week of tweaking a free 3DS model of a skeleton down to just a skull and spine, and rescaling to 1/4 scale, I was able to come up with something I'm happy to let the Predators wave around in triumph. It still needs some work though - I printed the parts in mirrored halves (with hindsight I should have just printed them whole, but it was my first attempt at 3D printing so I'm still finding my feet with what works best) so they'll need gluing together, and even at 0.25mm print resolution the layers are clearly visible so it'll need some sanding to smooth out the ridges. It was printed in black as that was the ABS colour in the printer at the time, so it'll also be getting a good coat of bone coloured paint followed by a heavy dipping in blood red to give it that freshly ripped look.

I've only got a few simple photos at the moment, will try to get some more done over the weekend when I have chance to take some in natural light if anyone is interested. I used some small blobs of blue tac to hold the parts together temporarily.

IMG_20141209_152148956.jpg IMG_1615_small.jpg IMG_1629.jpg

I'm also working on a bio mask for the P1, it might not be entirely movie accurate but I'm aiming for it to be able to fit over the face, I'm still trying to figure out how to get it to stay in place although I think a small lip on the lower edge to go under the jaw and some very small tabs at the back edge to snap over the back of the head in some way should do the job and not be noticeable.

Dan

Looks good so far. I wish I could afford a 3D printer. The things I could make with one of those. Here's my P2 that I did awhile back. I ended up casting a new bio from the old one because it was a bit too pitted for me and added that missing bloody trophy. Here he is hanging out with his cousins. Happy Holidays!

Looks good so far. I wish I could afford a 3D printer. The things I could make with one of those. Here's my P2 that I did awhile back. I ended up casting a new bio from the old one because it was a bit too pitted for me and added that missing bloody trophy. Here he is hanging out with his cousins. Happy Holidays!

Want. Want. Want! :lecture :bow

Very nice. Where did you get your skull/spine? It looks a little short but the Gort one seems to be small too from the photos I've seen.

Here are mine, with a Neca Alien sneaking up behind :)

IMG_20141211_185901684.jpg

I made them from scratch. The length is not too bad. Looking forward to your 3D Bio Helmet.

Looks good in that picture.

I'm making slow progress on the bio mask. I've managed to get a rough mesh of the open mouth Predator head using 123D Catch on my phone, and after simplifying and resizing it have loaded it into Sketchup (I've spent a lot of time building models with it, so I can mock up the mask quicker in this than a more suitable application), and checking how the low poly mask I've got so far will work, I think I'm about ready to work on making the mask ready for printing. I'm also toying with using 123D Catch to scan Big Red's mask and use that as the basis for the print, but my attempts so far haven't been successful in getting a usable scan, I'll try again over the weekend in natural daylight.

simplify-head-mesh-with-low-poly-mask.jpg[

Back