1/6 Hot Toys-The Terminator (T1)-MMS 238-T-800-(Battle Damaged Version) 1/6 Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Man, if you guys think Trevor's PF sculpt is bad then I can't imagine you'll ever be pleased with a T1 Arnold sculpt.

People let bad paint and the crappy texture dictate their entire view of sculpts. Noticed that again when I posted the SS T2 BD PF in the DX13 thread as an illustration of how to better sculpt Arnie's T2 hair. People just couldn't get past the paint and texture thing, no one seemed to give a crap about the actual point I was making.

i dont have the statue - but is the paint job actually that bad?

People let bad paint and the crappy texture dictate their entire view of sculpts. Noticed that again when I posted the SS T2 BD PF in the DX13 thread as an illustration of how to better sculpt Arnie's T2 hair. People just couldn't get past the paint and texture thing, no one seemed to give a crap about the actual point I was making.

My PS bash using 136 parts.

DSCF1893_zps39008e2c.jpg

DSCF1096_zps4e399282.jpg

Ahh happy times.

I've had several SSC statues, and the only one that might have had HT comparable paint apps was their Joker PF. And that's because they didn't have to do human skin tones. But sculpt-wise, SSC often gives us better products than HT does.

Ya know, I think I need to stop reading so many of these comparison posts.

I surely cannot be the only one here who gets bored to death by the constant nonstop comparing of a hand sculpted item to a real person and then constant grumble because something not quite dead on.

I don't spot half the stuff some dudes say here and I think I enjoy my figures more as a result.
I am not reading the Elder Predator thread as I don't want to know what tiny things are off. To me it's on the money.

Perhaps I am not sharp enough or perhaps I'm just not so hung up on such small things. Either way until I read this thread, I thought the figure was tad soft on features but still totally rockin.

I know that's the nature of things here but it's gets silly way too quickly. My opinion only. Other opinions are available.

I remember when we didn't have any Terminator figures from 1 or 2, and if/when we did, his face was completely damaged or he looked like a cave man.

Now we got some pretty damn good stuff and . . . not good enough! Makes me wonder which world would be better, one where a figure of the character doesn't exist and you dream of owning it - OR - it finally exists but it's not up to snuff with how you imagined it.

I surely cannot be the only one here who gets bored to death by the constant nonstop comparing of a hand sculpted item to a real person and then constant grumble because something not quite dead on.

I don't spot half the stuff some dudes say here and I think I enjoy my figures more as a result.
I am not reading the Elder Predator thread as I don't want to know what tiny things are off. To me it's on the money.

Perhaps I am not sharp enough or perhaps I'm just not so hung up on such small things. Either way until I read this thread, I thought the figure was tad soft on features but still totally rockin.

I know that's the nature of things here but it's gets silly way too quickly. My opinion only. Other opinions are available.

Everyone will have their own opinion but when it comes down to it, the only persons opinion which counts is your own.

Hs and bulk wise custom technoir looks better.
I might swap the gargoyles tho
image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Last edited:

What you speak of is the very thing that turned me right off Nolan Batman stuff. I daresay they're even worse than we are in here. However I admit people probably feel the same about us in the Terminator threads - 'us' being me and some others. Alas if I were to tell you that my awareness of this fact will make me dial it back, I'd probably be kidding myself. I can't help it. Sorry.

I am you when it comes to everything else that I collect, I just can't be casual about Terminator though.

Last edited:
That custom doesn't look like 1984 Arnold to me.

It looks like Arnold for sure -- the bad ass we all want him to be -- but that's not the fact. I'm sure someone here can find a frame that looks like that for an instant in T1, but 1984 Arnold was young, smooth and far less "chiseled" in the face.

Last edited:

It looks like Arnold for sure -- the bad ass we all want him to be -- but that's not the fact. I'm sure someone here can find a frame that looks like that for an instant in T1, but 1984 Arnold was young, smooth and far less "chiseled" in the face.

To me, the custom looks more like the character than HT's effort. Ah-nuld had a fuller face in 1984, leaner and not as full in T2 due to the weight loss.

What you say is true, but this new sculpt is too soft and pretty.

Sorry for lifting this off ebay. How does this look like a killing machine? Don't want to hear about lens distortion and lighting and what not.$_57.jpg

It is lens distortion, not to mention it's blown up to the extreme. I'm on my phone and it's still way bigger than it is in hand. The white background and flash wiped out all of the sculpting features.

Try dis,

image.jpg

Looks like a killing machine to me.

Also, I can never look at my DX 10 the same way again. It looks like trash compared to DX 13 and this MMS 238. You guys want to talk about baby heads?

image.jpg

Im sorry but that custom looks subpar to me, the hair looks bad and the face reminds me of the 117.

its ok :) It is awesome in hands.
Ipad pics dont do justice to the HS its the mms136 hs repainted and it has more details than the new one.
No subpar knock off, its commando's repaint work.
But its cool if you prefer the new one :)

You're gonna throw that custom in the trash when you get the MMS 238.

No way josé :)
This is the technoir BD hs 136, the spiked hair might be sketchier than the new one but the HS is more badass than this pin headed weeping boy :)
10669013_330854210416463_5513960582036089940_o.jpg
10687495_330854220416462_7203531940930581810_o.jpg

The hs is way too soft, Arnold was chiseled, a very agressive face.
And its not only in one picture you can find many where he looks exactly like the MMS136.
MMS136 is the arnold i seee when i watch the movie.
1951543-the_terminator_1984__03_630_75.jpg

More power to those who love the new HS :)

Last edited:
Back