XM Studios Captain America

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah it really is. I'll be curious to hear your opinions on Mags or something else they release that catches your eye. I've owned customs, SS, GG, PCS, you name it. The paint on mine is the nicest I have ever come across on a factory produced statue. Don't know if you have ever seen the PCS judge dredd in person but they are very comparable quality wise.

I've never ordered from PCS. I stick to Marvel and DC characters. So, I have mainly bought from SSC, BD, Neca, Diamond Select, DCD, and Koto. Of those companies, Bowen Designs QC has always been pretty top notch. I really never worry about QC when I order a BD piece. The other companies have very inconsistent QC in my experiences with them. I always worry about how my piece will turn out when I PO a statue.

Mags should be my 1st XM piece. The sculpt is so good that I can't imagine my collection without it. I expect nothing short of top notch QC on the piece. So long as XM continues their same QC inspections, I can't see any major disasters happening with their releases. To individually inspect each piece before shipping them out to their customers is practically unheard of. Honestly, if shipping wasn't so damn expensive for XM merch, I would probably buy a lot more from them. You know how much I love 1/4 fully sculpted piece. I'd kill to have a 1/4 fully sculpted Byrne era X-MEN lineup. However, costs being what they are, I'm going to have to limit myself to pieces that truly blow me away. Mags is one of those pieces. He's my favorite villain and my 1/4 collection has a MAJOR hole in it without him. A mind blowing 1/4 fully sculpted piece of a must have character in my collection is something I will consider paying a premium for. Mags fits that description perfectly. Now, I'm just anxiously awaiting proto pics and an opportunity to PO. If all goes well, I expect to be in the XM Mags thread raving about how well that piece turned out after I receive it.

@ loricstone
No worries buddy. There are several people that share your sentiments about Jean Grey. Personally I have all the Xmen from SS so she was a means to an end until XM teased theirs.

@ SurlyJ

Funny stuff man. Got dips? Dips in. Cold one crackem. Things I do everyday. Google earl dibbles Jr country boy song and have a free laugh on me.

@ Filip

Totally agree with you on the Bowen front. Never recieved something from them in less then pristine shape with a clean paint app to match. XM is a expensive way to buy your 1/4 scale statues but just as you said with Magneto I truly belive the money will be the last thing your worried about when he shows up. I think that statue will be coveted by man for years to come. I wouldn't want to miss out on that statue as I can see it becoming extremely expensive in later years. Fully sculpted is just the icing on the cake. It's refreshing to have a company dedicated to fully sculpted and professionally painted statues

One of the best villain, great sculpt, paint later to be seen... I think this all sounds like a keeper. =)

So where are some of the places to get this statue in the USA, if anyone has it still, with or without the coin, though preferably with?

So where are some of the places to get this statue in the USA, if anyone has it still, with or without the coin, though preferably with?

You can purchase this directly from Secret Compass or speculative fiction in the U.S. For any future order though, BBTS is substantially lower on their Black Widow price then either of the previous two mentioned. There is also Simply Toys out of Singapore that is a large distributer of Collectibles. Lastly there are two board members from Singapore that offer some special services to collectors as well. TCSC and Kayorzz are on this forum and your best chance at landing the coin. Lots of options to pick this Cap up.

You can purchase this directly from Secret Compass or speculative fiction in the U.S. For any future order though, BBTS is substantially lower on their Black Widow price then either of the previous two mentioned. There is also Simply Toys out of Singapore that is a large distributer of Collectibles. Lastly there are two board members from Singapore that offer some special services to collectors as well. TCSC and Kayorzz are on this forum and your best chance at landing the coin. Lots of options to pick this Cap up.

Really need a FAQ for this... This question I have seen answered so many times.

Cool. Thanks for the info. Will be interesting to see how long this thing lasts. For my sake, I hope it's a while :)

That's how most threads go. No one is ever going to go read 1300 posts for one small question answered, no matter how important. A stickied FAQ would be a great idea.

That's how most threads go. No one is ever going to go read 1300 posts for one small question answered, no matter how important. A stickied FAQ would be a great idea.

I think editing the first post with the information is sufficient

Seriously! I feel like I'm a private promoter for XM products without any pay! Haha but in all seriousness that's what this forum is for. I've had plenty of peeps help me find stuff I've been interested so you've got to pay it back and help others when you have the info

Cool. Thanks for the info. Will be interesting to see how long this thing lasts. For my sake, I hope it's a while :)

They're already sold out of Cap. From XM direct that is. Not sure how many were given to retailers but I'm pretty sure every retailer I named still has them in stock or will soon but without the coin. (Not a big deal dude its cool but by no means does it make or break this piece)

If your truly interested in getting this Cap I would wait too long. I think Spec fiction works with people on a payment plan. You'll spend a little more but at least it guarantees that you will be able to procure this for your collection. I can pretty much guarantee that once this cap is no longer available to purchase the secondary market prices will get nasty. It's already expensive enough. Either way good luck dude

Isn't that sort of a technicality though. You can buy these in the U.S. from U.S. dealers. Also can buy from a Singapore retailer. Just can't buy direct from XM. Not sure obviously all the rules involved. More just curious then anything

I was wondering the same thing. Kind of a shame IMO.

Isn't that sort of a technicality though. You can buy these in the U.S. from U.S. dealers. Also can buy from a Singapore retailer. Just can't buy direct from XM. Not sure obviously all the rules involved. More just curious then anything

The retailers aren't even supposed to be selling it over here anyway...I'm just waiting for the day the forum gets a C & D order from somebody over the XM stuff

If your truly interested in getting this Cap I would wait too long. I think Spec fiction works with people on a payment plan. You'll spend a little more but at least it guarantees that you will be able to procure this for your collection. I can pretty much guarantee that once this cap is no longer available to purchase the secondary market prices will get nasty. It's already expensive enough. Either way good luck dude

Spec already sold out.

Back