TDKR Hot Toys 1/6 Scale vehicle "THE BAT"

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Getting started I see!

Yep. Finally, lol.
Work has been killer, but now i have a lot more time in the workshop to be able to devote to this.

IMG_5752.jpg

IMG_5769.jpg

IMG_5774.jpg

Yep. Finally, lol.
Work has been killer, but now i have a lot more time in the workshop to be able to devote to this.

IMG_5752.jpg

IMG_5769.jpg

IMG_5774.jpg

AMAZING CRAFTSMANSHIP!! You're doing a phenomenal job with that, sir!

While I'm EXTREMELY excited for the 1/12 scale prototype (and potentially actuality of a release) of the Bat... And as impractical as it seems to have a 1/6 scale chillin somewhere in my house... I have to say that the temptation to actually purchase one if Hot Toys decided to release it would be tortorous!

AMAZING CRAFTSMANSHIP!! You're doing a phenomenal job with that, sir!

While I'm EXTREMELY excited for the 1/12 scale prototype (and potentially actuality of a release) of the Bat... And as impractical as it seems to have a 1/6 scale chillin somewhere in my house... I have to say that the temptation to actually purchase one if Hot Toys decided to release it would be tortorous!

Trust me when i say this: I know EXACTLY why HT will not release it in 1/6.
It's just too big. I keep banging it off door frames moving it from one room to the other at work. It doesn't fit through widthways(And isn't even at full width yet in any case). It's more than four feet long and over three feet wide too.
When finished, it will struggle to fit on the hood of my car...
So i can imagine why they didn't see it as feasible.

IMG_5781.jpg

IMG_5782.jpg

IMG_5784.jpg

I realize that this thing is big but that's no real excuse not to make it. There's major logistics involved but there are MUCH larger collectables shipped all the time.

That's by no means to say it would be cheap but it's not impossible or even impractical. Just not something HTs has a lot of experience with.

I'm happy for the guys that are getting the 1/12 scale but I'll take my HTs at 1/6th scale please.

Great start Username.

I realize that this thing is big but that's no real excuse not to make it. There's major logistics involved but there are MUCH larger collectables shipped all the time.

That's by no means to say it would be cheap but it's not impossible or even impractical. Just not something HTs has a lot of experience with.

I'm happy for the guys that are getting the 1/12 scale but I'll take my HTs at 1/6th scale please.

Great start Username.

Thanks. I see what you are saying, but i am making this and it is GIGANTIC...
I am using the studio shop blueprints to build mine(The studio 1/1 prop was 30ft long, not counting the guntips), and it is so mammoth that it's a struggle to get it through doorways. I didn't say i agree with them not making it. Just that i can totally understand why they decided to make it smaller.

Good to see you starting on this monster, Barry!

Thanks Ben. I have just been busy with work, or i would have started it last year at this time!

Wow I totally forgot that you were the one who was going to be building a 1:6 Bat.

It's just taken me forever to get it off the ground. I managed to coerce a friend of mine who was on the effects team to send me the plans to the full scale mockup, but a stumbling block was getting them printed out in 1/6. I must have contacted thirty separate printing places and most SAID they could do it, but turned out to be lying. Or not interested. In the end, i printed them out with an A3 printer myself in 1/25 and i am using a set of digital calipers and a scalecalc app to transpose the numbers manually.

Wow :horror Are you going to go through with it completely? Be an incredible task to see accomplished if so. Amazing work there Barry.

I am hoping to use this build as a prototype master. When i get the shape right, i will take figures from this to make a vacform buck.
It might not happen.
But if it doesn't, i'll still complete this one and take it to shows, lol.
:rotfl

WILL pay for those copies of that plan - also - curious - what material/media are you using? seems to be a thick - looking paper.

Def. bookmarking this thread - keep us updated man - any help you need - let us know - I got some great ref. pics of the hud.

WILL pay for those copies of that plan - also - curious - what material/media are you using? seems to be a thick - looking paper.

Def. bookmarking this thread - keep us updated man - any help you need - let us know - I got some great ref. pics of the hud.

Thanks. It will be a little while till i need interior ref.
It's sheet plastic i am using. Styrene. In black. 2mm for the larger areas, and thinner stuff for the detailing eventually.

I'd never post in a negative manner in that thread, but the CG model he's using for reference is incredibly inaccurate. Notice the image he uses before the pic taken on the street of the full size version. He has some bizarre flat panels jutting from the side of the cockpit area. And the cockpit is too small.

Back