Hot Toys Amazing Spiderman Teaser

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hell I wouldn't count out a MILK or some kind of Japan Exclusive grey or red hulk.

Depends. Stealth Iron Man is the closest thing we've had to an actual comic inspired film piece. Depending on how the licensing works, a gray or red Hulk might be outside of the boundaries for even an exclusive.

Are you being serious? ..

Why-So-Serious-tattoo-65079.jpg

:dance:bunnydanc:banana:elefant:ghost:ccheerlea

Last edited:
Somehow I don't even think it's a one sixth figure, the sculpting and everything doesn't seem right and not detailed enough to be a one sixth, much less a Hot toys release...

hope I'm right...

How is it NOT detailed enough? Apart from the head being a little off it looks exactly like the movie pics. Sorry not trying to argue just not seeing whats missing

Attached is an image putting the two pictures side by side.
XRSqP.jpg

You can tell that it is likely the same figure underneath the suit because of how closely the muscles match. Easiest places to spot these are on his right pectoral area and his left lower biceps. His left upper quadriceps area looks a bit different, but I think this is just due to the leg being twisted.

As for the suit, they are very similar but with certain differences. The most prominent being the front belt area, with the red extending below the seam on the left picture, or stopped right on it as on the right. That waist seam itself looks more pronounced on the version on the right, matching the other seams on the suit. That same seam on the left picture is much less prominent. It also looks like the webbing detail may be different in the neck area. The glossiness of the blue parts seem different, but this may be due to lighting. The red "swirl" above his wrist seems to differ in thickness, but this may also just be due to the twist of the arm. Everything else looks pretty much identical.

Comparing them to this promo picture (and many others), it seems that the more accurate version is the one on the left.

This new masked picture does indeed look to be from Hot Toys, but appears to be an outdated prototype. I expect officially released pictures to look better.

On what I would like changed: The color of the eyes. While the actual prop obviously has very bright reflective golden eyes (and much of the promotional artwork shows flat golden eyes), all released actual clips and trailers from the movie itself show them to be more mirror-like, with less prominent (but still visible) gold. The Hot Toys proto eyes were just too bright and gold. Keep them gold, just make them less gold, and make them more reflective. Like this.

Also, I think they made his jaw on the masked head a little too thick. I know this is usually done on figures so that the head can fit onto the neck, but I'm hoping they can work it better.

Another note: There is one detail of the suit most people miss. It is hard to see in most lighting, but the rims around his eyes are actually a very dark blue, rather than black. I hope Hot Toys notices this detail as well.

Last edited:
Attached is an image putting the two pictures side by side.
XRSqP.jpg

You can tell that it is likely the same figure underneath the suit because of how closely the muscles match. Easiest places to spot these are on his right pectoral area and his left lower biceps. His left upper quadriceps area looks a bit different, but I think this is just due to the leg being twisted.

As for the suit, they are very similar but with certain differences. The most prominent being the front belt area, with the red extending below the seam on the left picture, or stopped right on it as on the right. That waist seam itself looks more pronounced on the version on the right, matching the other seams on the suit. That same seam on the left picture is much less prominent. It also looks like the webbing detail may be different in the neck area. The glossiness of the blue parts seem different, but this may be due to lighting. The red "swirl" above his wrist seems to differ in thickness, but this may also just be due to the twist of the arm. Everything else looks pretty much identical.

Comparing them to this promo picture (and many others), it seems that the more accurate version is the one on the left.

This new masked picture does indeed look to be from Hot Toys, but appears to be an outdated prototype. I expect officially released pictures to look better.

On what I would like changed: The color of the eyes. While the actual prop obviously has very bright reflective golden eyes (and much of the promotional artwork shows flat golden eyes), all released actual clips and trailers from the movie itself show them to be more mirror-like, with less prominent (but still visible) gold. The Hot Toys proto eyes were just too bright and gold. Keep them gold, just make them less gold, and make them more reflective. Like this.

Also, I think they made his jaw on the masked head a little too thick. I know this is usually done on figures so that the head can fit onto the neck, but I'm hoping they can work it better.

Another note: There is one detail of the suit most people miss. It is hard to see in most lighting, but the rims around his eyes are actually a very dark blue, rather than black. I hope Hot Toys notices this detail as well.

You forgot the top of his wrist/Hand on the left has blue material on there as the right is all red..right by the red gauntlet area.

The one on the right looks better, the webbing isn't raised or thick black lines and it has a better sheen and looks to be one materaiial vs the official teaser

I hope that is the one were getting, one of these must be an earlier version :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back