What was that show?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Calcifer

Super Freak
Reaction score
Not sure if there is a thread about this already, apologies if there is.

This is a thread for people to help one another remember tv shows,films,quotes, characters or scenes that they vaguely remember but cant quite think of.

I shall start

When i was younger there was a creepy kids show about a family of puppets who all had reddish string like hair ..they were quite large puppets and were close to human proportions ..the type of puppets that had full human arms working them ..also the youngest member of the puppet family had an evil monkey/teddy thing that lived in the attic and i remember it was a bad influence on the kid puppet and it made him do bad things as i recall.
I think the show was called ridely riddles or something like that ..ive googled it plenty of times but i got nothing:thud: ..can anyone help?:dunno
O and i think it was british 2.

Last edited:
I've never heard of that puppet show, sorry.

But what was the name of that one show about a scientist who theorized that one could time travel within his own lifetime, so he stepped into a Quantum Leap accelerator and vanished, waking to find himself trapped in the past, facing mirror images that were not his own, and driven by an unknown force to change history for the better, his only guide on this journey being Al, an observer from his own time, who appeared in the form of a hologram that only he could see and hear, and so the scientist found himself leaping from life to life, striving to put right what once went wrong, and hoping each time that his next leap would be the leap home?

I want to say it was called "Small Wonder"...

I've never heard of that puppet show, sorry.

But what was the name of that one show about a scientist who theorized that one could time travel within his own lifetime, so he stepped into a Quantum Leap accelerator and vanished, waking to find himself trapped in the past, facing mirror images that were not his own, and driven by an unknown force to change history for the better, his only guide on this journey being Al, an observer from his own time, who appeared in the form of a hologram that only he could see and hear, and so the scientist found himself leaping from life to life, striving to put right what once went wrong, and hoping each time that his next leap would be the leap home?

I want to say it was called "Small Wonder"...

No, no, no...I think the show you're talking about is Barney Miller.

:lol

I have no idea what show your on about sorry :dunno

^^^ W.T.F....British TV can be really weird sometimes.

Well atleast we can do comedy without fart jokes! Fawlty Towers, Only Fools and Horses, Father Ted (I know it's Irish but I'm including it anyway because it kicks arse!) anyone?:pfft:

When i was younger there was a creepy kids show about a family of puppets who all had reddish string like hair ..they were quite large puppets and were close to human proportions ..the type of puppets that had full human arms working them ..also the youngest member of the puppet family had an evil monkey/teddy thing that lived in the attic and i remember it was a bad influence on the kid puppet and it made him do bad things as i recall.
I think the show was called ridely riddles or something like that ..ive googled it plenty of times but i got nothing:thud: ..can anyone help?:dunno
O and i think it was british 2.
No idea, sorry.
x :peace

Last edited:
Yup Quantum leap was an awesome show!
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/DjK9GJMBpt0&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/DjK9GJMBpt0&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

I have no idea what show your on about sorry :dunno

Well atleast we can do comedy without fart jokes! Fawlty Towers, Only Fools and Horses, Father Ted (I know it's Irish but I'm including it anyway because it kicks arse!) anyone?:pfft:

True that ..IT Crowd,extras, black books,buzzcocks,the mighty boosh(only 4 some) ..but the americans office is miles better then the original British version.

That's the point! :lol

He's supposed to be the most obnoxious, cringe-inducing character around. And Gervais does that much better than Carell, IMO. And of course, the manager character is the reason to watch either version of the Office.

I really like the US office and i really like Carrell but you're right about the bit in bold.

He is fantastic in extras ..much better then the office ..his standup is really good 2,its just i find his version of the office has a very depressing tone about it, that and its not as funny as the american one.
-Michael Scott- "I wouldn't call myself superstitious ..well maybe im a little itious"

He's supposed to be the most obnoxious, cringe-inducing character around. And Gervais does that much better than Carell, IMO. And of course, the manager character is the reason to watch either version of the Office.

Did you know that Carell only ever watched half an episode of the British office? ..the reason he watched no more then that is because he didn't want to get used to gervais character and just copy that for the american version ..he wanted to create his own character from scratch.David Brent and Michael Scott are both based of the same idea ..but both have evolved differently.

Although he is cringe worth and obnoxious etc. thats not what I find annoying about him. It's the way he delivers his lines and his comedy. I don't know I may just not get his style of comedy but it just feels awkward and forced like he doesn't have much faith in his material and is awaiting for the audience to laugh and give approval or something. I think I watched one of his live performances, didn't like it so havent watched any more so it may be that one performance but he just doesnt do anything for me as a comedian.

Same goes for Russell Brand but more so. Always get a feel that he's trying too hard to be funny, rather than just being naturally funny.

One of my favourite comedians is Billy Connolly, I like how he will be delivering his material and then all of a sudden just go off on some random train of thought and more often than not its funny because he is just naturally funny and delivers it well. For me anyway.

But yeah, Russell Brand annoys me even more, I just don't get what people find so funny about him :dunno

Anyway I didn't mean to derail this thread :offtopic::lol

Carry on :monkey3

Its u to the rest of you ..anyone got any shows they cant remember right? ..characters or lines even?

Back