Are you an opener or a MOCer?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I open most of my stuff... leaving very few things unopened. I think the few Mint in package items I have are the ones that utilized the packaging so that you did not have to open them.. Like Celebration 3 Vader or the 500th Vader.. those are still in package and because of that very reason.

I also have a few random ones I left in the packaging simply because of space issues... NECA Otis from House of 1000 Corpses and Smiling Jack Sparrow from POTC. I used to have a bunch of Hasbro figs still in the package but sold them on ebay to fund my SSC endeavors.. :D

It all depends with me. I will be opening all my SW figures. Sideshow made that decision easy with the new packaging. I can't wait to see if they use the same box design for LOTR.

DarkArtist81 said:
I open most of my stuff... leaving very few things unopened. I think the few Mint in package items I have are the ones that utilized the packaging so that you did not have to open them.. Like Celebration 3 Vader or the 500th Vader.. those are still in package and because of that very reason.

I'm pretty much the same way.. I will open most of it but a few things that actually look better packaged (500 & Celebration Vader and some others) I will keep closed.

Customikey said:
I open everything and then I lick it so I know it's mine. :monkey5

LOL! Good one..

Yeah, everything SSC comes out of the box! I never really understood the mentality of the "mint" collector. These things need to be seen!!

Opener, you just can't enjoy anything from the restraints of a box. I always ask myself why I purchased the item in the first place. Would you choose to buy something just from pictures of the box? That's a no from me.................usually if I keep anything in the box, it only lasts for a few days, then out it comes............
theverse

I consider packaging to be a thin layer of trash that surrounds the object I wanted in the first place.

That said the only package I've ever kept is Sideshow's Metaluna Mutant box. I'll keep the Star Wars and LOTR packaging as well. Opening the figures and displaying them outside, but keeping the box.

mint on carder here. i like my figures/ dolls in their boxes but if they are statues like Doom, i open them and show them off.

Depends on what it is. 12" stuff I open them up if they have collector friendy packages. Most carded stuff I leave sealed except for Marvel Legends.

Right now I have only a few of my SSC open....I hate having to look at them in the box..it drives me :google .....but I will be moving into a new home soon and I dont want 30 loose SSC to try top move...It will be much easier for me to muove them in the box....Right now all i have open is me 12 Classic Freddy...12 Classic Leatherface......12 Jason VII....and of course my new Luke.....With the quality of these figures it semms a crime to leave the rest in the boxes,but down the line that is going to be my best option...

As for the rest of my stuff(Mcfarlane/Neca/Mezco/DC/Marvel/ect..)I am an opener....I hate boxes..

I tend to open the majority of my collectibles and just keep rarer items like Kubrick chase figures and some of my Japanese wrestling figures in their packaging. When they arrive my Sideshow figures will definitely be opened and placed in the new display case I bought recently as they look way too cool to be left in the packaging.

Most of the time, I open to check for damage, if it is not visible form the outside (polystone eg.), but in general, I leave the items in the box.
If I have a nice cabinet one day, I'll unpack.

Back