Gremlins....

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shai

Cold Slither
Reaction score
Just bought this little bugger..He's just too dawn cute !!! I heard he's getting really rare also....

Picture14.jpg

Picture13.jpg

Picture15.jpg

A DEALER HERE IN MONTREAL...HE WAS IN THE BACK OF HIS STORE, ALL ALONE...:monkey2 ...HAD TO ADOPT HIM...:monkey3

And no matter what you do...
Never feed him after midnight, I made that mistake and ended up with this:

gremlin.jpg

:horror :horror :horror

That looks OK, but I prefer mine.

p3170021medium8px.jpg

p3170019medium9ky.jpg

This pic is from a few months ago, and I've since trimmed the mohawk a bit and moved the Mogwai to a different display area. I still need to get an acrylic case for both of them.

I do think the eyes on yours are more accurate, though.

Beautiful shelves! Those are Ronculus Gremlins, right Elwood? I thought I'd found a guy in the UK who would sell his. He dropped off the radar. *sigh* I still have the large Jun Planning Gizmo (it can be seen in the Show Your Shelves forum), as well as a pair of the little ones stored away. I still can't register for the RPF (they were supposed to open it up last month but didn't), and I know of no other way to reach Ronculus. I understand he's through making them anyway. One day, though...

I do have the 1984 LJN Stripe, buffanatic. It was very well done for its time. It scared my cat back then. I'm not displaying it right now. It's stored right next to my 1979 Kenner Alien...the big one that was pulled from the market after parents complained.

That looks pretty nice, especially for the price!

I like mine as well Elwood! :) They really are nice pieces. Ron is great.

mog.jpg

Didn't JS buy one of each?

Gruff Old Bear said:
I do have the 1984 LJN Stripe, buffanatic. It was very well done for its time. It scared my cat back then. I'm not displaying it right now. It's stored right next to my 1979 Kenner Alien...the big one that was pulled from the market after parents complained.

Like 9 years ago, it was the 18'' Alien kenner 1979, that made me started this hobby.I wanted to buy some of my toys I had played with when I was younger.I bought a Mib Kenner Alien,the Stretch armstong green monster, the Six Million dollar man Bionic Bigfoot,some Megos, some rare Masters of the universe (like Megator and Tytus) and the LJN Stripe...Most of them were monster toys....Then, I discovered Todd Mcfarlane Movie Maniacs line and had an Epiphany !!!!! I had to collect those !!!! So, sold all those monster toys, which many were MISB and Started my long and crazy journey of collecting new figures of monsters/maniacs...Which eventually led me to: SIDESHOW !!!

This is for Gruff and Shai, mostly. I had a furry Gizmo, but it's gone. Still have old Stripe though! According to https://thegalleryofmonstertoys.com/80swing the LJN Stripe was pulled early for the same reason....parents complaining! Hey, I still love the guy! Gruff, did it really scare your cat?
Hmmmmmmnnn.......I'm beginning to form an evil little idea.................
"Here kitty, kitty, kitty..........."

Gruff Old Bear said:
Beautiful shelves! Those are Ronculus Gremlins, right Elwood?

They are. I was lucky enough to get both for a nice price. I can't wait to get cases for them.

Buffanatic said:
Gruff, did it really scare your cat?
Hmmmmmmnnn.......I'm beginning to form an evil little idea.................
"Here kitty, kitty, kitty..........."

It's true. I had the LJN Stripe, which has cat-like eyes, posed next to my IBM Selectric typewriter on my desk, back before I had a computer. The cat jumped up there to bug me, froze when he saw it, then actually backed up a few steps.

When he figured out it wasn't alive, he stalked off, highly offended at the laughter from both me and my wife. Still makes me laugh to think of it. That was one great cat.

Gruson said:
That looks pretty nice, especially for the price!

I like mine as well Elwood! :) They really are nice pieces. Ron is great.

mog.jpg

Didn't JS buy one of each?

If anybody who has a contact for Ron would pm me with it, I'd really appreciate it. The only way I know of to reach him is through the RPF board. They have a rotating schedule for new registrants, but they skipped the last "open" month. Until you are registered you can't pm any members.

Here are my Mogwai:

mogwaibig16ce.jpg

mogwaibig28ch.jpg

mogwaibig32wm.jpg

mogwaibig45oa.jpg

I'd love to have a Gremlin (lizard form) if I can ever find a good looking one.

JS

JIM....THOSE MOWAI ARE AWESOME !!!!!!! LOLLL...SHOULD HAVE TRIED TO TRADE YOU A COUPLE OF THOSE FOR THE GRAY HULK....LOLLLLLL

Do you know How many models the guy has done?

Back