Hugh Laurie as House Custom Headsculpt by Chris Howes Interest Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Will these be sent off to Kuato for paint soon?

Well, that was the plan....... Ah, life does like to play it's little jokes on us, no?

Due to unforeseen circumstances in his personal life, Kuato has decided he will be unable to paint any of my group commissions.

I was preparing to send these off to him when I got the news. Sooooooo, other arrangements will need to be made.

I'll update on the situation and the solution tomorrow (Sunday).

In the mean time, have a look at some of my paint work...... (hint, hint) :naughty

lee1.jpg

summer1.jpg

painted-j3.jpg

Nice paint jobs, Chris! You're a man with many talents :cool:

Sorry to post this here, but please post some updates in the Maximus-thread; it's been a while now :monkey2

BTW, I'm starting to ship out the unpainted copies now!

And guys, can't we all just get along? Serang's House head is very nice, a most excellent effort! Of course, I'm partial to mine :D, but I encourage everyone to take a look at his and pick one up when they are ready. It's important to support and encourage talented folk like Serang. That way the work will just get better and better. And that helps keep old fogey's like me on their toes..... :lol

Nice paint jobs, Chris! You're a man with many talents :cool:

Sorry to post this here, but please post some updates in the Maximus-thread; it's been a while now :monkey2

Two swords tomorrow! :D Plus updated chest armor and roughed out head. Really.... I promise...... cross my heart, etc. :monkey3

The kuato paint situation affect Maximus, too, so we'll have to work that out as well.

Well, if nothing else, I already payed you shipping so you could just drop it in the mail box, I am dying to have ol' House in my grubby little hands, painted or unpainted :lol

Well, if nothing else, I already payed you shipping so you could just drop it in the mail box, I am dying to have ol' House in my grubby little hands, painted or unpainted :lol

Ah, anticipation! Check back late tomorrow and see what you think. Now I need to get some shut eye. It's 5:13 AM here and I'm just wrapping up work for the night.

Chris if you have already painted one up as an example, just go ahead and send me that one, thnx :)

Well, that was the plan....... Ah, life does like to play it's little jokes on us, no?

Due to unforeseen circumstances in his personal life, Kuato has decided he will be unable to paint any of my group commissions.

I was preparing to send these off to him when I got the news. Sooooooo, other arrangements will need to be made.

I'll update on the situation and the solution tomorrow (Sunday).

In the mean time, have a look at some of my paint work...... (hint, hint) :naughty
As long as House gets painted well, I'm happy:D, I don't have a preference over any one person doing it or not.

Actually, if we think about the amount of work on Chris' bench right now, we might all pause and reflect before dropping the former kuato workload there too. It was honorable for him to offer, but all of us who don't paint can contact any number of painters on this board or at OSW. The original setup was a convenience, not a necessity.

And please, I agree with Chris. Those obsessed with comparisons should re-read what he said, and then look at post #958 from Serang. And learn from their example. (Chris, did you catch Serang's post?) All this obsessing over which is better is tiresome. There is no best in art. There is no best in art. Tap your heels together three times and say it. We're going to see multiple interpretations of many heads in the future. Let's all enjoy it.

All this obsessing over which is better is tiresome. There is no best in art. There is no best in art. Tap your heels together three times and say it. We're going to see multiple interpretations of many heads in the future. Let's all enjoy it.

Where's the obsessing? Haven't seen it talked about in weeks. And when I thought who's was better, it was always IMO. They're both excellent, but everyone will have their preference. :duh

Where's the obsessing?

Not just here. All over SSF.

Haven't seen it talked about in weeks.

I know, and I hesitated to post since this thread seems back on track, but Chris brought it up, so I figured it weighs on him. It it were me, I'd find it diminished the joy in being here. Over in Serang's thread, Serang and Chris have agreed to swap House heads. That's how I wish we clients could look at different interpretations. With enthusiasm, rather than as a horse race. We are really, really fortunate that this internet board has turned into a gathering of talented sculptors and access to them for people who want their work.

But you're right, the thread has moved on to clothes, and that leather jacket is too expensive for me, especially since he's not in it all that often. I've been noticing in reruns that he wore a black shirt with a black jacket a lot. And black, as we all know, is the color most likely to stain a figure. Hmmmm. :confused:

i didnt know there was a big deal made of it :dunno

I think they are both great.

OK, guys! Here's the deal. For these House heads, I'll be taking over painting duties. I have a few extra pairs of talented hands here to help out so it should go pretty smoothly and quickly.

Kuato was going to grant a discounted price for the first 10 heads he painted..... to make up for the hassle during this transition, I will be granting a discount on every copy of House! The discounted painting fee is $35.00 rather than the standard $45.00

If you previously purchased your House head with the intention of Kuato painting it, please go to my House purchase page (available here: HOUSE) and choose the "Painted House SPECIAL" button. This will allow you to purchase just the painting and shipping, since you have already paid for the casting itself. If you haven't yet bought your copy of the head to be painted and would like to do so, please choose the "Painted House" button. This will charge you for the head, discounted painting and shipping. You can purchase your can there as well.

I'll post a painted example as I get one done, but you can see some of my painting from my previous post.

I'm going to be talking to small_studios (josh) about picking up some of the painting duties on other commissions and I'm sure he'll do a bang up job!

Sorry for the inconvenience of the painter transition, but we'll get it smoothed out and streamlined without too much trouble.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back