Marfa's Doctor Who 1/6 David Tennant rework

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marfa Isaman

Freakzoid
Reaction score
Hey guys! its nice to be back ; ) im working on several WHO creations at the moment and this is my first completed so far.... bit of a cheat as its not scratch built but it was very interesting to do ; )

this is the original figure:
doctor12figure.jpg

and ive gave him a make over based on the "blue suited Tennant" which is a much smarter look:
blue_ten.jpg

ive repainted him and gave him some real hair also swapped the body for a slim true type:
b4after.jpg

let me know what u think ; )

finally re tailored the suit to a slimmer fit made him a new shirt tie and trench coat ; )
ten1.jpg

Ten2.jpg

tardisdoorX.jpg

coatpic2.jpg

i am not a doctor who fan at all but congratulations thats some great modifications there!!! :D

I am not a fan of real hair on 1:6 pieces but yours actually manages to pull it off with good success! Very nice!

Wow, amazing!! Phenomenal paint, outfit and hair. Only minor criticism is that the hair may look a little too spiky. But still amazing.

I am not a fan of real hair on 1:6 pieces but yours actually manages to pull it off with good success! Very nice!

Ditto.

Also not a Dr. Who fan or know anything about it but you made a mediocre figure look absolutely awesome.

Ditto.

Also not a Dr. Who fan or know anything about it but you made a mediocre figure look absolutely awesome.

Actually I am a HUGE fan of Doctor Who. Its real hair on figures I am not generally a fan of. :)

Actually I am a HUGE fan of Doctor Who. Its real hair on figures I am not generally a fan of. :)

I agreed with your distaste for real hair in 1:6 scale. I went on to point out I myself was not a Dr. Who fan like others stated. Sorry for the confusion!

This figure's way cool!

That turned out AWESOME, Marfa! I also think real hair on 1:6 generally looks bad but you pulled it off brilliantly and absolutely nailed it. I LOVE how spikey it is! Great job on the clothes and everything else on him as well! :banana:banana
-Rick :)

Flawless work in smoothing out the forehead where the molded hair was -- I'd love to know whether there were surprises there since this head is hollow and very flexible. The paint job is also nice and subtle, not straining to announce itself, but quietly correcting the cartoony eyebrows and adding expression to the eyes. The hair is very evocative of Tennant (it's he, not the fig, in need of gel!)

I'm also very impressed with the drape of the coat. If that's real suede, I don't know how you got it to hang that well, and if it's microfiber, I don't know how you kept it from puckering at the seams. The whole effort on the suit is great. Did you have to open the neck hole on the Truetype to use a neck adapter, or did you cut the Slim's neck piece down and use it for the adapter?

All in all, you've made a very complete custom out of a figure that was pretty basic and not well executed. Congratuations!

Flawless work in smoothing out the forehead where the molded hair was -- I'd love to know whether there were surprises there since this head is hollow and very flexible. The paint job is also nice and subtle, not straining to announce itself, but quietly correcting the cartoony eyebrows and adding expression to the eyes. The hair is very evocative of Tennant (it's he, not the fig, in need of gel!)

I'm also very impressed with the drape of the coat. If that's real suede, I don't know how you got it to hang that well, and if it's microfiber, I don't know how you kept it from puckering at the seams. The whole effort on the suit is great. Did you have to open the neck hole on the Truetype to use a neck adapter, or did you cut the Slim's neck piece down and use it for the adapter?

All in all, you've made a very complete custom out of a figure that was pretty basic and not well executed. Congratuations!

Some nice observations there Gruff... i wasnt sure if my plan would work as i thought the head was solid to the core but luckily it was only about 5mm thick so removing the skull was easy... I then filed it with milliput and made a sort of "removable brain" that was a fraction smaller than the the original head size to compensate for the hair rooting this i did by spiraling wefted hair from the crown to the hair line i finished of buy trimming it with nail scissors, as it was removable it was easy to wash and style without it interfering with the repainted shell i glued it in at the very end, btw this is my first repaint of a human face.. i joined it to the body hot spiking it with a metal shank crude but effective!
the coat was made from polyblend its commonly known as washable suede i was lucky to get a very fine blend that was very thin but heavy enough to keep the shape l without bulking out, also its not lined...

one more thing id like to add, i see there is a def polarization concerning sculpted hair vs real hair i have to say although there are some highly skilled and talented sculptors out there who do it well i still think sculpted hair looks..... sculpted.... saying that ive seen some hairendous wiggy looking rooted heads but if its done properly i think it can look flawless and bring a realness to the figure.... check out CREG Customs
attachment.php

Back