Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm trying to establish a master shot of the city. I'm still not sure on the set up. Once I lock that done I can finish the set. I still hope to film on Monday. No real lighting here but it did help me realize that I may have to bring in my 1K for this scene.

IMG_0578a.jpg
IMG_0583a.jpg

IMG_0588a.jpg

Last edited:
Holy Crap! I have have but one question. If you were to turn on your ceiling fan, would it hit any of these buildings?

I'm in in total awe STICKS... let me study this picture. Wow!

LOL, yeah please let me know what you think. I have brighter shots but then you get to see all the uglies. :horror

Hey Sticks... now that you mention it Pierre Boulle did write a screenplay called Planet of the Men. Taylor, Nova and their son are the main characters and of course the Apes.

Here is a link:

https://pota.goatley.com/scripts.html

Now just scroll down to "Planet of the Men"

Jom, thanks a bunch for the link, I was able to read the first couple of pages. i will have to print this out and read it later. This should be great. Did you enjoy it?

:mwaha Joking, I know I need to add some flora and some rocks and such so don't worry. I'm getting there slowly.

No. I returned all his money on the gorilla heads and I'm picking up the costs for his Armando as well. In fact, KFog pulled out of The Armando Project and demanded his money back, so I returned that to him also. Rather than asking all of you guys for more money, I'm just going to pay for three people now and just take the loss. I want Armando that badly. Next time, we'll let someone else be in charge of all the tribulations. How about an orangutan next time!???

Hi Angel! I can send you the money today and cover my end! I will never leave you hanging like that. Kent.:monkey3

:mwaha Joking, I know I need to add some flora and some rocks and such so don't worry. I'm getting there slowly.

I love it STICKS! I'm really blown away at the sheer size of it! When you told me you'd have to cut it into pieces to move it you weren't kidding! I didn't realize the magnitude of Ape City. Make it BIGGER. I'm just saying it might be a really easy modification if you ever decided to film the city of Gondor! :rotfl

I love it STICKS! I'm really blown away at the sheer size of it! When you told me you'd have to cut it into pieces to move it you weren't kidding! I didn't realize the magnitude of Ape City. Make it BIGGER. I'm just saying it might be a really easy modification if you ever decided to film the city of Gondor! :rotfl

Good to hear. I think we can find a spot for that lattice in there, what do you think?

If you want an orangutan, I commissioned a Zaius head to be sculpted. He would have to be molded and if there was enough interest I would do it. Kind of like ANG's wagon once it's glued in place the offer goes away.

Snick, I really like the look of your orangutan. I'm done with my budget for a couple of months. I wish you luck with this one, I wish I could join you, I just can't at the current time.

:lol Oh no you don't! You have a tribunal scene to finish. :rotfl

I really want to paint all those pieces to the tribunal scene. But I need to paint them all at the same time so they all get a "similar" stone look. I have a couple more pieces yet to build before I actually start painting all of these.

I sure hope I didn't offend anybody with my suggestions... they are just that, suggestions. I am thoroughly ignorant to the process of sculpting a head like this. And I sure do not want to jeopardize any future projects with this sculptor by being super critical. That was not my intention.

In the end, I will be happy with whatever I get. :D

Ditto here, but all the suggestions will make the sculpt even more perfect. When I see the sculpt, I want to get chills down my spine--the same reaction I got when I first saw her Brent sculpt.

Jess.

It's the paint job and ONLY the paint job. And judging by the photos, it's not a very good one. :rolleyes:

Do you know the artist who worked on this? Are they maybe a part of this forum? One can never tell. I'm interested in seeing how this ends. Maybe I might snag it if nobody else is interested...will give me something to practice painting on, and I have no problems tweaking the jacket into an Armageddon jacket.

Jess.

Last edited:
Sticks--Ape City ROCKS! I wish I could play there--I really do. It is just so frickin' fantastic. I am getting heebee jeebies looking at the immensity of Ape City--you don't know how high you are fanning the flames here with my love for the Planet of the Apes. When I see stuff like this I want to do more!!! I wish I had more time to do this kind of stuff. :monkey2:monkey2:monkey2

Jess.

Jess wrote a real nice letter that I'm going to send to Ada Proto. I didn't hear much positive from anyone regarding the sculpt... I just heard about all the problems. That had me worried about how to confront her because I am very very impressed with what she did already. This is going to work out well thanks to Jess and her kind words. :)

If you haven't sent the letter, I think maybe there should be some debate over the suggestions. For instance, I suggested more of a scowl on his face, but maybe others don't agree. I for one, like the deep wrinkles and think his forehead looks fine. I'm not trying to make things more difficult, but maybe if we discuss the suggestions first, there will be less to approach her with, therefore making the situation less uncomfortable. Again, if it were the final sculpt, I would be very happy. I think it looks amazing.

Hi Angel! I can send you the money today and cover my end! I will never leave you hanging like that. Kent.:monkey3

Kfog--I sent out your material today, so you should see it in a couple of days. Did I tell you that there is a radio station out here called KFOG?

HA!!! I surpassed your total posts, too...How did that happen?

Jess.

Last edited:
If you haven't sent the letter, I think maybe there should be some debate over the suggestions. For instance, I suggested more of a scowl on his face, but maybe others don't agree. I for one, like the deep wrinkles and think his forehead looks fine. I'm not trying to make things more difficult, but maybe if we discuss the suggestions first, there will be less to approach her with, therefore making the situation less uncomfortable. Again, if it were the final sculpt, I would be very happy. I think it looks amazing.

Deep wrinkles are easily tamed by Apoxie, so if you want to cut that out of the suggestions list, Angel, nonsculptors like myself could easily fix this.

Jess.

Jom, thanks a bunch for the link, I was able to read the first couple of pages. i will have to print this out and read it later. This should be great. Did you enjoy it?

Sticks... I'm not going to tell you what I thought of this screenplay until you finish reading it. I encourage everyone here to read it. It was written by the man who wrote Planet of the Apes in the first place. It is one of my favorite novels and this is his take on what would happen next.

Boulle also wrote "Bridge on the River Kwai".

I wish all would read this screenplay so we could discuss it here. I'd be interested in everyone's thoughts on it. "Planet of the Men" is a bit disturbing and thought provoking.

https://pota.goatley.com/scripts.html

Last edited:
Back