HT Exclusive Wolf Predator: Ever wonder what he looks like without acid scars.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SilentSurfer

Good Enough Never Is!
CF Supporter
Reaction score
Sorry, but this is a one of a kind exclusive commissioned by Cajunsith. He thought it would be cool to have a Wolf Predator pre-acid splash damage to his face. He saw my Custom Scar (Elder bashes), and figured I was the guy to bring it. So I did. So far this thing has turned out even better than I dreamed. Check out the pics below.
Does anybody have any good ideas on how I can recast this? I would so love to have one of these for myself, but I don't trust myself to pull off this sculpt as well a second time.

Sculpting progress
ProgressSculpt.jpg

Fortunately Pan Mak did a good job of sculpting the acid splash scars as recessed areas, so refleshing the piece didn't make the new skin look like it was bulging out, and I didn't need to grind anything away. I just put the putty on as thin as possbile and sculpted away.
Comparison.jpg

I blended the seam lines and straightened the upper right tooth in his mouth in addition to the descarring.
FarSide.jpg

Crown.jpg

The new upper left mandible and cheek were fully sculpted from scratch, and I used teeth from the alternate mouth parts. All the white areas are newly hand sculpted details.
NewTusk.jpg

I will be quilling it today, and hopefull I will have painted pics to add by tonight.
Profiles.jpg

Last edited:
Re: HT Exclusive Wolf Predator without acid scars. Check it out.

Really nice work, man!!! :rock

looks good man.. is there a way to fix the lower mandibles by pointing them inward?

awesome job, its looking great so far.

Thats sweet.
What are you using to sculpt?

It could be recast no problem just need to take off the dreads.

Why? There are accurate...

I could of sworn that in the movie they were pointed inward more when he did his rawrr thing.. a good spot to see it is when Wolf is in the ship checking out what happened to the other Preds.

awesome work. but i definitely prefer the scarring.

That is ^^^^ing wicked.

I'm very, very impressed.

Holy Crap Nathan, that is AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!
If you do make a cast, I want one:D
:monkey5:monkey5:monkey5:monkey5:monkey5:monkey5

look forward to seeing him quilled up, you make some awesome custom preds buddy :rock:rock

I just put the putty on as thin as possbile and sculpted away

What putty did you use?
Dizzy

I could of sworn that in the movie they were pointed inward more when he did his rawrr thing.. a good spot to see it is when Wolf is in the ship checking out what happened to the other Preds.

yes and no. Putting it inward wouldnt make it accurate. Wolf's mouths open straight, rather then at an angle like(/) P1-P2 had.

I'd like to see a Winston accurate Wolf predator. Dude had an interesting design, but ADI's Pred faces are just....ew.

very nice work man! can't wait to see it finished.

yes and no. Putting it inward wouldnt make it accurate. Wolf's mouths open straight, rather then at an angle like(/) P1-P2 had.

I'd like to see a Winston accurate Wolf predator. Dude had an interesting design, but ADI's Pred faces are just....ew.

I just checked the movie and it is both. in the beginning they point inward but later they point up.

I actually had an idea for this a loooong time ago. As a matter of fact, I posted a photoshop of it in one of the Pred threads. Anyway, great job! I would also recommend pointing the lower mandibles inward a bit...I do think that it is more screen accurate.

All the reference pics (ADI making of book among them) I have show the mandibles pretty much straight. And as long as it's that way at least part of the time in the movie, that's good enough for me. Besides, a little hair dryer action will allow them to bend inward a bit, at least for a while until they correct themselves. It's really up to Cajunsith at this point.

Head is quilled and primored. I'll post pics of that soon. Painting is next. Stay tuned.

Back