1/6 Hot Toys MMS 186- The Avengers: Hulk- official specs and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I originally planned to keep my HT figures sealed. That lasted till the first one arrived. That plan went right out the window.

As another poster stated, open it and enjoy it. If you are careful with it and save all original wrappers your figure will still appreciate in value. The other plus to that is you get to marvel at the beauty of these figures. Pictures, no matter how well they are taken, just do not do them justice.

I have a feeling this figure will climb ridiculously in price over the years as long as the figure holds up well, opened or not.

Plus you should open it to check for QC issues anyway, in case something is wrong with you're figure, so you can get a refund/replacement.

There's a lot of good advice being offered. Thanks for that.

I'm not usually a "keep it mint in package" sort of person. Every other action figure I've ever bought has come out of it's box/package and joined all the others on display somewhere. What makes this one different from them though, I guess... is the $299 + tax + shipping cost. I went through something similar with the 5" Doctor Who "Eleven Doctors" set. It cost over $100 (all-in) when I bought it (when it was released)... and once it shipped, I started wondering if I should leave it unopened too (I even briefly thought about buying 2 sets then too)... and for the same reason. But when it arrived, the box only stayed sealed for as long as it took to get it home from the postal station. I kept the box... but I have no regrets about opening it.

We'll see. I think Lawrence's point about checking it for defects is perhaps the most practical... and maybe the most compelling reason to open it. The rest are all about enjoying the figure (after all, it cost that much... so why not enjoy it as much as possible)... and that's certainly an important factor in opening it too.

In the end, I think the fact that, briefly, I considered whether it would be possible to buy 2 Hulk figures (one to open and one to keep)... tells me he ain't stayin' in that box for long (but as others have suggested, I'll keep the box and the packaging... because the box does look super cool). After all... if I just wanted to pay all that money to look at a box... which is essentially just a cool picture of the Hulk figure... I could've just continued to look at the pictures of the box (and the figure) that appear online, right?

Thanks again, guys.

David

This is my first post here... and I just wanted to thank you all for your interesting and insightful comments. I've been spending more than a couple of evenings scouring the internet for new pictures of the figure. It's weird how excited I am to get my hands on this action figure.

This Hulk figure will be my first Hot Toys purchase (it was a toss-up between him and Iron Man)... but just by kinda sitting back and reading all the enthusiasm for this figure on this board (and some mild criticism too), I'm finding my anticipation levels are going through the roof. Just from reading the comments of the last couple of days... I'm considering buying a cabinet with a glass door to house him in.

I wonder though if anyone else is faced with the dilemma of whether to open the box. I keep hearing about how the price of the Hulk figure price is going to jump dramatically in the near future. Some comments in various boards that I've read seem to forecast him doubling in price. It's a little like buying a luxury car... but being afraid to drive it because you might end up crashing it... or it might get a "door ding".

That's not the reason I wanted and/or pre-ordered this figure - to leave him stuck in a box - and being a borderline "horder" (comics, DVDs and more), I really can't see myself ever selling the Hulk, but I'm hearing a little voice in the back of my head that's yelling "Don't open the box! If he's worth $600... you don't want to risk damaging him." And then I start wondering if I should've bought a second figure (which, for me, just isn't realistic... or reasonable). Ugh. I dunno. It's driving me crazy. :)

So thanks again for helping me ratchet up my enthusiasm... and keeping it high despite the delays. Hopefully, we won't have to wait too much longer.

David

Open it, put it in any kind of sealed case and keep it in as new of condition as you can and you will be able to get your money back easy. I've actually made money on the two I've sold that bought new and sold used. I am a eBay geek, big time. I only auction though. Trust me, these overpriced ones a few people that can't wait buy when people in Hong Kong first have in hand. After that, they are relisted and relisted unless it is just the Holy Grail of figures. I could put a link to probably 100 Hot Toys items that have been listed at a ridiculous price for almost a year now. I watch Hot Toys figures on eBay even if it is a figure I have. I'm talking the ones listed at double retail and more. People do pay crazy prices for things though sometimes. More times than not though, the big prices on eBay are just that, and not what something is worth. Just my opinion.

You really should open though. Nothing better than the smell of opening a new Hot Toys box. You'll see.

And hopefully a Ruffalo Banner as well at some point.

Agreed. Hopefully SOON! :impatient:

This is my first post here... and I just wanted to thank you all for your interesting and insightful comments. I've been spending more than a couple of evenings scouring the internet for new pictures of the figure. It's weird how excited I am to get my hands on this action figure.

This Hulk figure will be my first Hot Toys purchase (it was a toss-up between him and Iron Man)... but just by kinda sitting back and reading all the enthusiasm for this figure on this board (and some mild criticism too), I'm finding my anticipation levels are going through the roof. Just from reading the comments of the last couple of days... I'm considering buying a cabinet with a glass door to house him in.

I wonder though if anyone else is faced with the dilemma of whether to open the box. I keep hearing about how the price of the Hulk figure price is going to jump dramatically in the near future. Some comments in various boards that I've read seem to forecast him doubling in price. It's a little like buying a luxury car... but being afraid to drive it because you might end up crashing it... or it might get a "door ding".

That's not the reason I wanted and/or pre-ordered this figure - to leave him stuck in a box - and being a borderline "horder" (comics, DVDs and more), I really can't see myself ever selling the Hulk, but I'm hearing a little voice in the back of my head that's yelling "Don't open the box! If he's worth $600... you don't want to risk damaging him." And then I start wondering if I should've bought a second figure (which, for me, just isn't realistic... or reasonable). Ugh. I dunno. It's driving me crazy. :)

So thanks again for helping me ratchet up my enthusiasm... and keeping it high despite the delays. Hopefully, we won't have to wait too much longer.

David

Welcome to the madness! :welcome Whether to open him or not, will depend on if you plan to keep him forever or just to resell a year from now. If you plan on keeping him, why not enjoy him and free him from his box! Like others have already said, just take care of him and all of his packaging in case you do change your mind later! I love the Hulk! He'll be a permanent part of my family when he arrives! :wink1:

Just buy two of each figure you like.

Which is what I did with the Hulk! :exactly:

I got my Iron Man Mark VII yesterday and have this guy on pre-order. I opened my Iron Man, Usually I do not open my figures. I normally only collect Hulk though, but I figure for the price we pay for these why not enjoy it some? The ones I keep in the packaging are like The Marvel Legends, Marvel Select/Icons stuff like that. The Hot Toys I will probably open and keep the box in good shape and display them in my Detolfs I just got :)

Hi Guys

wM8dT.jpg

This is my Plan to display the avengers After they assemble :hi5:

i have 4 of them (Captain, Hawkeye, Widow, Thor) and i will receive my MK7 in 10 days it is on the way :yess:

and of course i pre-ordered the BEAST Hulk

Note: this is a model i assembled using Photoshop

i have the IKEA Wall Cabinet... Size (82wx92h cm) same the photo

i printed the background and pasted it on White carton which allow me to fold it like the picture showing

of course i will put a glass door for the Wall Cabinet to protect them from the Dust

and i will add some lights using a LED Light Strip

i will finish it soon and take some real photos and share it with you guys​

Hi Guys

wM8dT.jpg

This is my Plan to display the avengers After they assemble :hi5:

i have 4 of them (Captain, Hawkeye, Widow, Thor) and i will receive my MK7 in 10 days it is on the way :yess:

and of course i pre-ordered the BEAST Hulk

Note: this is a model i assembled using Photoshop

i have the IKEA Wall Cabinet... Size (82wx92h cm) same the photo

i printed the background and pasted it on White carton which allow me to fold it like the picture showing

of course i will put a glass door for the Wall Cabinet to protect them from the Dust

and i will add some lights using a LED Light Strip

i will finish it soon and take some real photos and share it with you guys​

If you don't mind me asking where did you get the background from? :)

Sorry guys lol... I dnt post pictures hardly so kinda figuring out as I go lol....btw...what an awesome figure....you wont be sorry if u get him :hi5:

Back